Bad Service woes or "what's it now metrocast?"

flyingdog

Here is what some service providers don't understand about bad service: giving me my money back is not the answer. :duel: If I didn't want to purchase what you were providing, I would not have signed up to you in the first place. Giving me my money back is merely a way to try to shut me up. It doesn't say 'it will not happen again'; it doesn't make my bad experience change. It just leaves me where I was before I started.

Take, for example, Metrocast. Okay, I understand, a thunderstorm came through a few hours ago. But why is it that now, I don't get a clear signal? Perhaps that storm is where your signal comes from. Here's a clue: it storms here a lot in SoMd. Figure it out. Bury the box, bury the cable deeper. Do something. I consider calling, but for what? For you to offer me the few bucks worth of cable for today? I would have paid $25 today to see the Olympics :popcorn:; instead these poor Olympians are getting spattered across my screen with broken audio, never to be seen again because you can't figure it out. :smack:

If I thought I could call and have someone tell me: "we realize we have failed you many times over the last year and here is our plan this year for fixing that, please bear with us" I would call. But instead I'll get offered a few bucks and some pleasant hold music. :lalala: Oh vay.

Vent over. :wah:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have Metrocast and haven't had one problem with them. My cable goes out for about an hour when there's a bad storm, but that's it.

:shrug:

wineo

loving life
I have to agree, nothing but problems, right now can't watch channel 4 or 11, adjust antenna box comes up. We don't have a antenna, I get the same thing everytime I call. "We are working on it". I don't understand why they can't get the problems fixed. This has been going on since March.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Having same problem as wineo with channels 4 and 11.
They're both really choppy as hell for me and every so often on 11 I get that same black screen and 'adjust antenna signal' box.

Missy_State

Has anyone had any problems with VOD (Video on Demand). Mine haven't been working for the past week or so and I called and they said that they were working on it. Well I don't use it much but I would like for it to be availale when I do want to use it. I've checked it within the past couple of days and it's still not working. I guess I need to call them and get them to prorate my bill as expensive as it is. :killingme

I've noticed that my service issues are witht the TV that has the digital cable box. The TVs that have direct cable feed don't have the service issues that the digital box seems to have.

ratzo

Metrocast has been thorn in my side from the beginning. They are trying to provide 21st century technology with Dark Ages service processes. They are slow, expensive, refuse to return calls, argue about issues on which they eventually are proven wrong. I can't being to descibe the troubles I've had trying to get reliably decent HD service. The only bright spot has been good high-speed internet.

bugstang76

I agre completely...though i did find a work around...the NBC channel was hosed...but when i went to the baltimore channel instead it was perfect.

flyingdog

I have to agree, nothing but problems,

Well for a moment there I thought I was the only one. I do wonder if it is just the TIVO box. Next time I'll check out another TV if I am watching live; thanks for the hint.

There are no other options for TV and Internet in Lex Park, are there?

BernieP

Resident PIA
With MetroCast you get what you pay for.
The quality of your service is related to where you live and is variable.
If you liive on a long, dead end, road chances are the service is iffy. Typically the only repeater will be at the corner and there for the signal will drop off the further down the road you go. When you combine that with the co-location with SMECO lines (the worlds dirtiest) and cable that just meets code you have all the makings for EMI problems.
Plus the more connections, the more places for noise to enter the system. Check al the connections in you house. Use the shortest cable you can, with the best connector avaiable and make sure the connection is secure.
The first excude the metrocast technician will throw at you is that the connections to you tv and vcr are allowing noise into the system.
The next excuse is that the problem is with the supplier - that supplier in most cases is their reception. At one time their antenna were located next to a SMECO substation in Leonardtown. Go figure, the antenna was picking up noise from the substation. Going to digital made this less of an issue. Asl long as the singal strength is up, the noise isn't a problem.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Call and complain. Biatching in the internet is not going to get you anywhere. :shrug:

It's like talking to a trained chimp. Lots of noise an commotion but little ever changes. Their excuse is that this is the situation that they have to deal with. Wires are not going to be moved, They will not absorb the cost to bury the wires while the electric and phone lines are still on the poles. Hence they will pick up interference from the power lines - particularly in wet weather.

You can ##### all you want, spend hours at home - okay, maybe you have nothing better to do - and wait for a technician that may never come.

Frankly they don't give a ####. There is no competition for the service. Comcast, Fox or any other cable company is not going to put a bid in for little old St. Mary's Co.. Western Shore / GNP / Metrocast will be the sole source provider for the foreseeable future.

Get Directv and see how well their signal and customer service work during a storm. :yay:

Only in the heaviest rains and then only during the storm itself have I lost my signal.

flyingdog

Originally Posted by sockgirl77
Call and complain. Biatching in the internet is not going to get you anywhere.

It's like talking to a trained chimp. Lots of noise an commotion but little ever changes.

:yeahthat:

I was partially venting and partially wondering if others could relate. I have called many a time and all that will be done is a prorate of the service lost for the minutes lost. Like I said, if I didn't want to spend the $ I would not have signed up to begin with. I appreciate others sharing their stories; empathy goes a long way.