Speaking of azz kissers.....

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Anyone work with one? (I would think we all have either currently or in the past).

How do you deal with them?
:whistle:

sockgirl77

My immediate boss is the biggest ass kisser I've ever seen. It's well known in our office. It's kind of cute sometimes. We all laugh about it. His nose stays enlodged in the big boss's rear. If the big boss isn't there he looks like a little lost puppy. :poorbaby:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Patience. When the time is right feed them a bit of information you know will cause a bit of controversy. Sit back and watch the drama unfold.:evil:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Patience. When the time is right feed them a bit of information you know will cause a bit of controversy. Sit back and watch the drama unfold.:evil:

Thanks Jeff, That's what I'm trying.

This butt shark is also extremly narcissistic that is manifested in numerous manners.....but I regress.

Just looking for honest advice or experiences to help me put it into perspective.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Thanks Jeff, That's what I'm trying.

This butt shark is also extremly narcissistic that is manifested in numerous manners.....but I regress.

Just looking for honest advice or experiences to help me put it into perspective.

Lots of people try getting their 15 minutes of fame every time they can. I am a patient, evil minded SOB when I want to be.

I work with a fella that is paranoid he is about to loose his job. Been that way the 12 years I have worked there. If you say anything at all around him it does not stop there. He will take it way outside his immediate chain of command to higher authorities.

So. When opportunities present themsleves, I strike up a conversation, give him enough bits and pices so that he thinks he has the scoop then throw in a couple of bits of info that 'may' not have come from valid sources. But I do always make it clean that is third party information.

Everytime I do this, without a doubt, he runs with it. Usually he ends up stepping all over the toes of the folks whose job it was to have delt with it in the first place.

In the end he usually ends up loosing credability with the higher ups. He gets very quiet for several weeks so nobody cares. Unfortunately the silence does not last long enough.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Lots of people try getting their 15 minutes of fame every time they can. I am a patient, evil minded SOB when I want to be.

I work with a fella that is paranoid he is about to loose his job. Been that way the 12 years I have worked there. If you say anything at all around him it does not stop there. He will take it way outside his immediate chain of command to higher authorities.

So. When opportunities present themsleves, I strike up a conversation, give him enough bits and pices so that he thinks he has the scoop then throw in a couple of bits of info that 'may' not have come from valid sources. But I do always make it clean that is third party information.

Everytime I do this, without a doubt, he runs with it. Usually he ends up stepping all over the toes of the folks whose job it was to have delt with it in the first place.

In the end he usually ends up loosing credability with the higher ups. He gets very quiet for several weeks so nobody cares. Unfortunately the silence does not last long enough.

Good advice, I think I know this guy too...oh, wait maybe not, the one I know has been around for close to 20 years....​

turd_ferguson

nice marmot
Honest advice? How is it hurting you? Jealousy?

Not that I condone this type of worker, after many years of experience, it's best to mind your own business. jmo...

Agreed, just mind your own business. You don't want to damage your reputation. Most jackasses in the workplace eventually get exposed for the idiots they are (or get promoted to middle management hahaa).

If you don't want to take the tactful approach - put Visine or Exlax in their coffee right before a meeting. People will think less of them when they have poopy pants.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Agreed, just mind your own business. You don't want to damage your reputation. Most jackasses in the workplace eventually get exposed for the idiots they are (or get promoted to middle management hahaa).

If you don't want to take the tactful approach - put Visine or Exlax in their coffee right before a meeting. People will think less of them when they have poopy pants.

WHY?
because they are annoying as hell plus, thier crap causes more work for honest folks and the AK is typically promoted / rewarded - the Peter Principle.
These are typically the teflon people, take credit for other peoples work, pass the blame for their mistakes to others and typically do little else. Their skill set is confined to office politics. The worst part is, the guy above them loves it.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Honest advice? How is it hurting you? Jealousy?

Not that I condone this type of worker, after many years of experience, it's best to mind your own business. jmo...

They are not 'hurting' me...this person just irritates me & it's not like I can igonre them. I have to work with this person. I basically ignore them unless I have to actually interact, but it makes for a crappy work environment.

I do mind my own business, I do my job. I think I'll just be patient & let them dig their own grave. :bubble:

And I need to do the below.

Attachments

• y1705_125.gif
    y1705_125.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 27

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
WHY?
because they are annoying as hell plus, thier crap causes more work for honest folks and the AK is typically promoted / rewarded - the Peter Principle.
These are typically the teflon people, take credit for other peoples work, pass the blame for their mistakes to others and typically do little else. Their skill set is confined to office politics. The worst part is, the guy above them loves it.

yep.

"You know that voice high-school guys use when they're trying to talk their way into a girl's pants? Well, that's how MacInnis sounds all the time."

"Moments after complimenting Hayes, Murdoch & Fenn vice-president Phil Allaire on his tie, ass-kisser Howard MacInnis (left) enthusiastically agrees with proposed changes to a feasibility study he had nothing to do with."

Attachments

• onion_news2040_article.jpg
    onion_news2040_article.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 27
My immediate boss is the biggest ass kisser I've ever seen. It's well known in our office. It's kind of cute sometimes. We all laugh about it. His nose stays enlodged in the big boss's rear. If the big boss isn't there he looks like a little lost puppy. :poorbaby:

:yay: