$15/hr minimum wage

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Both Target and Publix start at $15/hr for unskilled labor and none of these minimum wage whiners are beating down their door for a job. In fact they advertise like crazy because they need workers.

And Joe Biden is FOS the way he snarked at that restaurant owner. Waitstaff typically make WAY more than $15/hour, and I don't know what cooks are making these days but back in my day, sonny, they made well over minimum wage.

So I can only surmise that minimum wage isn't what's keeping these loafers from becoming gainfully employed, and in fact they are simply lazy and worthless. Plus the FACT that the government pays them to stay home and lay on their ass.

black dog

Free America
With the extra incentive, Hoosiers on unemployment are making 16.87 an hour to stay at home.
Why would they go to work and make less money?

Reactions: BOP

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, and they'll keep doing it until UBI is a thing even without passing any laws. Thats whats behind the push for Nancys Nincompoopery. "I get everything I want or the peasants get NOTHING!!!!! NOTHING!!!"

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Both Target and Publix start at $15/hr for unskilled labor and none of these minimum wage whiners are beating down their door for a job. In fact they advertise like crazy because they need workers.

And Joe Biden is FOS the way he snarked at that restaurant owner. Waitstaff typically make WAY more than $15/hour, and I don't know what cooks are making these days but back in my day, sonny, they made well over minimum wage.

So I can only surmise that minimum wage isn't what's keeping these loafers from becoming gainfully employed, and in fact they are simply lazy and worthless. Plus the FACT that the government pays them to stay home and lay on their ass.
Respectfully. Do you not realize that people are starting to wake the eff up? They are realizing the system is a set up. That they are the hamster running on the wheel. That they will never catch up financially. They can see and feel it everywhere, pressure, price inflation. They know something is wrong, but can't figure out the how and why. Now, you may be in a comfortable financial situation, as well as many others here it seems, but far too many are not, through no fault of their own. The current fiat currency financial system was set up for many people, to fail. Taking money out of the system through usury, aka interest, and not lending enough, to people, to put money back into the system ~ we are, and operate, in a debt based money system you realize? What is happening is by design. $15 an hour, after all the BS deductions, really does not leave much. Actually it should be most likely $22 an hour minimum to account for inflation over the years. At that pay rate, at least for now, people would be near even with the current real inflation rate, and not stress over things so much and be able to live a half decent life.

Want to do some maths? Here is Pre-33 $5 Liberty Gold Half Eagle Coin (XF) ON SALE! Only $119.99 over the spot gold price for the market rate of $556.73. In 1933 this was a simple $5 gold coin and would buy $5 worth of good and/or services. During a time when bacon was $0.13 per pound. That same 1933 $5, in the form of paper money, might buy you a pound of bacon on sale, today. But yet, here is that $5 gold coin selling for $556.73! Which would buy you 111.5 pounds of bacon at $4.99lb.

Anyway, figure out the percentage rate of inflation for me, $5 to $556.73. I failed at maths. When you figure out that number, then you might see what we are really up against.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Respectfully. Do you not realize that people are starting to wake the eff up? They are realizing the system is a set up. That they are the hamster running on the wheel. That they will never catch up financially. They can see and feel it everywhere, pressure, price inflation.

How is that different from the 80s when I was a young adult starting out?

Minimum wage is just that - a minimum. Not a life goal, a minimum. Most of us manage to get some skills and/or education and earn a living wage to have a decent life.

You ran some numbers to show how the price of everything has increased, but prices have always increased. The price of housing, transportation, food, etc doubled from when my Mom was in her 20s to when I was that same age. The only difference is that back then we were told to work hard, take advantage of opportunities, and hone our skills; now young people are told that the government should give them a bougie condo and sweet ride for "free" (read: paid for by those of us who work for a living).

Having the government pay you used to be called "welfare" and it wasn't a career goal.

BOP

If I may ...

Respectfully. Do you not realize that people are starting to wake the eff up? They are realizing the system is a set up. That they are the hamster running on the wheel. That they will never catch up financially. They can see and feel it everywhere, pressure, price inflation. They know something is wrong, but can't figure out the how and why. Now, you may be in a comfortable financial situation, as well as many others here it seems, but far too many are not, through no fault of their own. The current fiat currency financial system was set up for many people, to fail. Taking money out of the system through usury, aka interest, and not lending enough, to people, to put money back into the system ~ we are, and operate, in a debt based money system you realize? What is happening is by design. $15 an hour, after all the BS deductions, really does not leave much. Actually it should be most likely $22 an hour minimum to account for inflation over the years. At that pay rate, at least for now, people would be near even with the current real inflation rate, and not stress over things so much and be able to live a half decent life.

Want to do some maths? Here is Pre-33 $5 Liberty Gold Half Eagle Coin (XF) ON SALE! Only $119.99 over the spot gold price for the market rate of $556.73. In 1933 this was a simple $5 gold coin and would buy $5 worth of good and/or services. During a time when bacon was $0.13 per pound. That same 1933 $5, in the form of paper money, might buy you a pound of bacon on sale, today. But yet, here is that $5 gold coin selling for $556.73! Which would buy you 111.5 pounds of bacon at $4.99lb.

Anyway, figure out the percentage rate of inflation for me, $5 to $556.73. I failed at maths. When you figure out that number, then you might see what we are really up against.
One of the great things about the United States of America is that anyone from anywhere (even "here") can make it here.

If one cannot make it, some serious self-examination needs to take place, because it's not the world's fault that one cannot make it.

Here's the funny thing about Americans: the vast majority of people in this country are willing to help just about anyone if they see that that someone is putting forth an effort to better themselves. I'm not sure if it's genetic, or if it's socially inculcated, or some combination. I've seen proof of that in my own life; I've seen and heard the proof of that in other people's lives; and, I've been the one to pay it forward - and trust me, if you don't already know, that's a blessing.

The price of everything has consistently gone up over time, going back to when cave people were trading animal skins, for example, for stuff they needed, but didn't produce. "But Og, last time I was here, stone knives were going for 2 buffalo skins! Now you're asking for 3 skins! That's outrageous! I want to speak to your manager!"

It's just a part of living. You suck it up and deal with it. You work hard, strive to improve your circumstances, and most of the time, it works. If it's not working, it's time for some introspection; although seeking the opinion of a close friend or acquaintance can be beneficial as well.

DaSDGuy

Minimum wage is just that - a minimum. Not a life goal, a minimum. Most of us manage to get some skills and/or education and earn a living wage to have a decent life.

You ran some numbers to show how the price of everything has increased, but prices have always increased. The price of housing, transportation, food, etc doubled from when my Mom was in her 20s to when I was that same age. The only difference is that back then we were told to work hard, take advantage of opportunities, and hone our skills; now young people are told that the government should give them a bougie condo and sweet ride for "free" (read: paid for by those of us who work for a living).

Having the government pay you used to be called "welfare" and it wasn't a career goal.
And it should be noted that a major factor in increased prices are increased wages. Wages go up, prices go up to compensate. And your higher wages just got their spending power reduced.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

"You ran some numbers to show how the price of everything has increased, but prices have always increased." Yup. It wasn't always the case though. That began, (monetary inflation = price inflation), in 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve Act, leaving our Nation's money and economic control to the private banking cartels.

To answer your question of the difference when you were young in the 80's .... Because at the beginning of the 80's, it was only 9 years after Nixon severed the gold standard from the dollar in 1971, (creating a pure fiat currency), because of the Vietnam war spending devaluing the dollar, which foreign counties did not like, so they started to convert their trade dollar holdings into our gold at $35oz as per the Bretton Woods agreement after WW2, France being first in line. You, and everyone else at the time still had somewhat of a good dollar. Inflation, money creation, was relatively low during the 80's, after 1971, as seen below in the Federal Reserve charts.

The work ethic you, and most old timers, (not that you an old timer), were raised with, worked well with a stable currency, a stable dollar, and saving was encouraged and could pretty much be relied upon without too much dollar devaluation, thought there was still inflation running at 2% or less at the time. The system wasn't being manipulated to the extreme, as it is today, because of congressional banking reforms. Now, all those reforms have been eliminated. Today it is literally pretty much an unregulated free for all.

The reason this "welfare" is being doled out, is an attempt to quell what would be massive inevitable riots and total social anarchy. They've hidden, are hiding, the, (what would be miles of), bread and soup lines like of the great depression, by using these money distribution programs. This keeps the masses somewhat quite, while at the same time financially raping and pillaging our Nation, while also at the same time, allowing those Nations with US reserve dollar holdings to spend that money here that directly undermines the American people. Btw, these added unemployment insurance programs cannot last forever. That's why, we as a Nation are heading into a world of hurt in the future.

Look, you are not wrong in your ideals, nor is anyone else, when placed in the proper context of a true sound money system. But in a fiat debt based currency system, it does not matter so much. In the current system, it is a free for all. Only the strong survive. Or think of it this way; Only those that can and will take advantage of others, grifters, politicians, bankers, snake oil salesman types, will win this game. Those that play by the rules of old, of ethics and morality, will lose; have lost. Homelessness is blamed on drug and alcohol use and bad decisions. While there is some truth to that claim, the reality is because of our debt based currency system. Those living in poverty, the vast majority of the time, not their fault. There are only so many good high paying jobs seeing as all our manufacturing industry has been sent overseas. When, as in now, when inflation starts taking hold, employers start to lay off people, and in the current case with the addition of the COVID shutdown, are unwilling to increase pay because it affects their bottom line to increase labor costs to already increased and continuing increasing costs, across the board for everything else on their spreadsheets.

These charts show what inflation really is: Reckless expansion of the money supply.

Money of zero maturity (MZM), which represents all money that is readily available, is a measure of the liquid money supply within an economy.
Here showing most likely now over $16 Trillion, from about $200 Billion 1970.
MZMSL_5-17-19-15874.7.png

M1 Money Stock: The money supply refers to the total volume of money held by the public at a particular point in time in an economy.
Here showing almost $7 Trillion from a level of $200 Billlion (in 1975)?
Screen-Shot-2021-02-14-at-10.12.48-PM.png

Reactions: TPD

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It's just a part of living.
BS. When the system is set up for people to fail regardless of their moral and ethical fortitude by evil people, it is not part of living. You conflate a shortage of an item with sinister manipulation of currency.

TPD

the poor dad
I did some calculations on a napkin with a #2 pencil and came up with a number of somewhere between 5 - 5.5% annually to make $5 into $556 in about 90 years. 5% annual inflation is quite high.

BOP

If I may ...

BS. When the system is set up for people to fail regardless of their moral and ethical fortitude by evil people, it is not part of living. You conflate a shortage of an item with sinister manipulation of currency.
You're confused about how life works.

SamSpade

I guess what seems OBVIOUS is - these jobs WERE held by people. Before the pandemic. Unless all of those people are now elsewhere re-employed - they are not coming back - YET - until the money runs out. I DO know some people doing this. NOT working until the gravy train stops. They are NOT returning to their old job, when they make MORE money NOT doing it.

And this administration cannot possibly be so stupid as to not know that - so they're doing it on purpose.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I guess what seems OBVIOUS is - these jobs WERE held by people. Before the pandemic. Unless all of those people are now elsewhere re-employed - they are not coming back - YET - until the money runs out. I DO know some people doing this. NOT working until the gravy train stops. They are NOT returning to their old job, when they make MORE money NOT doing it.

And this administration cannot possibly be so stupid as to not know that - so they're doing it on purpose.
Both.

glhs837

Power with Control

Well, yeah, I mean SloJo has told us what, five times he's gonna keep paying them from the Bottomless Trough (tm) until the business owners outbid him.

black dog

Free America

I live in a town thats full of them, and all the while trying to get on disability insurance.

phreddyp

One of the great things about the United States of America is that anyone from anywhere (even "here") can make it here.

If one cannot make it, some serious self-examination needs to take place, because it's not the world's fault that one cannot make it.

Here's the funny thing about Americans: the vast majority of people in this country are willing to help just about anyone if they see that that someone is putting forth an effort to better themselves. I'm not sure if it's genetic, or if it's socially inculcated, or some combination. I've seen proof of that in my own life; I've seen and heard the proof of that in other people's lives; and, I've been the one to pay it forward - and trust me, if you don't already know, that's a blessing.

The price of everything has consistently gone up over time, going back to when cave people were trading animal skins, for example, for stuff they needed, but didn't produce. "But Og, last time I was here, stone knives were going for 2 buffalo skins! Now you're asking for 3 skins! That's outrageous! I want to speak to your manager!"

It's just a part of living. You suck it up and deal with it. You work hard, strive to improve your circumstances, and most of the time, it works. If it's not working, it's time for some introspection; although seeking the opinion of a close friend or acquaintance can be beneficial as well.
[/QUOTE
Your example is laughable ! You are trying to use as an example using two commodities for barter . Then trying to compare the inflation rate to them . A fiat currency which has no intrinsic value by itself is not the same unless it is backed by gold or a similar item . Without backing it is just a piece of paper ,hence the fluctuation with the amount in circulation which we use the term inflation.