Bomb Threat in Lexington Park

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Has anyone heard anything about this. I just read this on the baynet.

Bomb Threat in Lexington Park: Suspicious Package Being Investigated
LEXINGTON PARK - 9/23/2008

St. Mary's County Fire and EMS are responding to a report of a bomb threat/suspicious package at the Expedition Business Park located at 46591 Expedition Drive in Lexington Park.

The call came into authorities around 10:40 a.m.

Several businesses including the Tides Restaurant, Extended Stay and 6 government contractors are in the area of the ongoing investigation.

Maryland State Police, St. Mary's County Sheriffs, Fire and EMS crews are all on the scene

Update: Suspicious Package Detonated
LEXINGTON PARK - 9/23/2008

Detonated Package Deemed Safe

Authorities detonated a suspicous package discovered on Expedition Drive in Lexington Park at 12:45 this afternoon.

The package was blown up by a robot using a small water cannon and was given the all clear by Maryland State Police.

No injuries were reported.

The "suspicious package" was ultimately found to be a briefcase full of papers.

Last edited:

Beta84

They're out to get us
my office is over there. you mean if i wasn't on the base i could have went home?? :frown:

Beta84

They're out to get us
are you sure there is a bomb threat? I haven't heard anything about it through building e-mail or our security office.
:confused:

K

Kain99

are you sure there is a bomb threat? I haven't heard anything about it through building e-mail or our security office.

Funny how they left all of those people sitting in harms way.......

Beta84

They're out to get us
Dude... the newbies in the company are always the last to know... think "canary in the coal mine"... :poorbaby:

yeah i know! but i've stealthily kept myself on the building mailing list even though i don't have an office in there anymore :biggrin: They hear more stuff than the people exhiled to the base. plus, every time there is free food i find a good reason to drive myself over there. :yahoo:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

The building was cordoned off, the ramp for the bomb robot was coming out of the van, people were evacuated, the cops, ambulance and fire dept. were here...I'd say yes there was a suspicion. :duh:

Arista

yeah i know! but i've stealthily kept myself on the building mailing list even though i don't have an office in there anymore :biggrin: They hear more stuff than the people exhiled to the base. plus, every time there is free food i find a good reason to drive myself over there. :yahoo:
This just confirmed that I definitely know who you are. :killingme