Pets and the hurricane

Christy

b*tch rocket
If we get smacked with this hurricane, just curious as to what everyone will be doing with their animals? I'm sort of freakin out about what to do with my pigs. Appyday, any plans for your animals?

Christy

b*tch rocket
Mine will be in the house as well (to include the pigs). I suppose I'm trying to prepare for the worst possibility and we may have to leave the area.

Does any of you livestock folks out there have any recommendations? Can pigs just ride in the back of a truck? Know of anywhere I could acquire pig cages?

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Christy - call your vet. I already have. There are some vets that are being prepared to board animals, and then there are some pet boarding areas outside of the "zone" that are prepared to give shelter for animals. With your pigs, your vet might have the best suggestions of where they can be safely and comfortably kept. I know back home during the hurricane season we tend to board the animals (horses, cows, etc.) further inland on other farms.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by migtig
Christy - call your vet. I already have. There are some vets that are being prepared to board animals, and then there are some pet boarding areas outside of the "zone" that are prepared to give shelter for animals. With your pigs, your vet might have the best suggestions of where they can be safely and comfortably kept. I know back home during the hurricane season we tend to board the animals (horses, cows, etc.) further inland on other farms.

I can't leave my pigs, they're part of the family not really "farm animals". I would feel the same as if I dumped my kids off with a sitter before evacuating. :frown:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Christy
I can't leave my pigs, they're part of the family not really "farm animals". I would feel the same as if I dumped my kids off with a sitter before evacuating. :frown:

Know just what you mean. I ain't leaving my pets either. I fully intend to stay home with my pets...work can KMA. I don't think we will have to evacuate, at least I hope not.:frown:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by RoseRed
I already have the go ahead to stay home on Friday.

:yeahthat: I'm off on Friday anyway, but if I need to head home on Wednesday or Thursday it's already been 'okayed'.

J

justhangn

salty2.jpg

Vince

Yeah, I'm off on Friday anyway and I'll be home with my puppies waiting for a tree to fall on my head.:biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by cattitude
more information

Thanks Cat! :love: I've decided, unless it's a mandatory evacuation, I'll be home, under the stairs, with Steve, the kids, the pigs, the dog, the cat, and Tyrone. :jet:

Appyday, keep us updated on how Yoshi rides this out. (and the rest of your family)

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by cariblue
I think our fish will ride the storm out just fine, just a matter of locating them once it's over.

Cari,

I had not thought of the fish at all until you mentioned it. The hamster is on his own too.

K

Kizzy

I only have 3 fish..

You big meanie!

:bawl: I know but the dog WILL eat the hamster so he is better off staying in the house and taking his chances. I'm not holding him, I'm scared of him.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by IM4Change
I only have 3 fish..

:bawl: I know but the dog WILL eat the hamster so he is better off staying in the house and taking his chances. I'm not holding him, I'm scared of him.
Are you all there?
Or should we call you TIGGER6035?