Peticure or Pedipaw?

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
I have heard great things about it! Originally there was some issues with the battery being suckish, but apparently the inventor/owner personally made sure that they were replaced and now I hear great things about the peticure ( BBird's GroomBlog: PETICURE TOOL UPS AND DOWNS )
I have short haired dogs so a dremal is also effective, but for folks with long coated dogs this could be very helpful *when grooming I know using a dremal on a long coated dog made me sweat, longhair+spinning tool = disaster :( * The guard on this tool appears to prevent hair from getting tangled and hitting the paw, very nice :) I also would like having the guard as our birds can be fidgety too!

Nanny Pam

I just got mine yesterday. I got the 2 C batteries for it 15 minutes ago, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm pretty sure my dogs already know what it's for. :ohwell:

M

Mousebaby

I read on a review on Amazon the Pedi-Paw is not good for big dogs nails as it is too weak to handle them. But it is good for smaller animals. Hope this helps! :howdy:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Not a problem, I was thinking finally a way to trim my black poodles nails without being nervous! Then I read the review, boy was I disgusted. :lmao:

My Halfbreed weighs in at nearly 100lbs. His claws are black and I hate going too far. he runs all over bleeding all over everything when I screw up. I always forget to buy that powder you use to stem the bleeding.

M

Mousebaby

My Halfbreed weighs in at nearly 100lbs. His claws are black and I hate going too far. he runs all over bleeding all over everything when I screw up. I always forget to buy that powder you use to stem the bleeding.

Yeah it is awful, I keep a bottle of the powder here all the time. My poodle is about 65 lbs but he has really looooooooooooooooong legs and there is a ton of curly hair all around his toes. It is almost impossible to clip him without getting him. :frown:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I bought one for my German Shepherd & Beagle because it looked so easy on TV. As soon as I put to my shepherds nail she pulled away. She didn't like the vibration of the sand drum. Beagle saw her reaction and he won't come near it. They are clipper trained anyway...

I gave it to my sister for her Chiwawa that screams, growls, bites with clippers. She tried it and to our amazement it worked!!! He just sat there like nothing was going on and she did all his nails. So, I guess it depends on your dog and if you want to spend $60. My Friends bealge is the same way, no clippers, but a sanding drum on dremel and he's a happy camper.

spinner

If you cut your dog's nails too short put some cinnamon or black pepper on the end, both will stop the bleeding. Or run the nail across a softened bar of soap.
To use a dremel tool on a long haired dog poke the nails through a piece of pantyhose, it'll hold the hair away from the nails. You can also use an emory board.

J

JustinB

Thanks guys we just ordered the peticure with the power cord, I've heard that its quieter than a dremmel. Our girls pretty big and her nails are black so its impossible to see the wick. She's pretty good with letting us touch her feet though. I'll let you know how it works.

cdsulhoff

My Mother brought one for her dog and loves it! But the thing that grosses me out is that her husband used it for his nasty toes. She said it work for his toenails as well. ICK!

M

Mousebaby

Furminator is great! As for the peticure let us know how you like it. Our vet likes it.

:yeahthat: Just got one for my cats and I love this brush! It is by far the best brush I have ever used and they actually like it! The other brushes they run from. I give this brush 5 :yay: up!

J

JustinB

The peticure came yesterday. I'd say i'm not overly impressed with it. Nail trimming is still a 2 person job both of our girls are over 100lbs and its hard to get them to sit still. We had to clip their nails first because we let them get to long and trying sand those daggers would have taken forever. We did get them pretty short with the peticure and they're alot smoother than they would have been if we had just clipped them. So basically its a $60 nail file.

Nanny Pam

I tried the pedipaw on Jake (miniature Poodle) no problem.

Then Woody (80+ lb. Labradoodle) well I did EVERYTHING the instructions said. He did object at first, but I remembered that the instructions said that you are the boss.....not the dog. DO NOT let the dog have it's own way! So he is fine with it, now.
When I first started using it, I only did 2 nails at a time. I did both paws, but it took all day, because I wanted him to get adjusted to what was happening, and the sounds.

Now I just go over to him and very quickly do his nails....just to keep them short. He is fine. Of course, he gets a "cookie" when he is done.

I give the Pedipaws 2 :yay:
Just follow the instructions to a T