sick :(

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
ok,

I'm sick... AGAIN ...cold like symptoms.
I find myself gettin sick quite often these past 2 years...
I take it my immune system is kinda weak...

So, my question to you is what are some ways you keep your immune system going strong and preventing cold/flu type illnesses...

I know, I'm supposed to take Vitamin C pills....
I can't stand poppin pills...:rolleyes: So, my 'selective' memory allows me to forget to pop those... I do every now and then...
I drink Orange juice on a regular basis...

anything else?....

I'm tired of being sick.... no fun!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin
ok,

I'm sick... AGAIN ...cold like symptoms.
I find myself gettin sick quite often these past 2 years...
I take it my immune system is kinda weak...

So, my question to you is what are some ways you keep your immune system going strong and preventing cold/flu type illnesses...

I know, I'm supposed to take Vitamin C pills....
I can't stand poppin pills...:rolleyes: So, my 'selective' memory allows me to forget to pop those... I do every now and then...
I drink Orange juice on a regular basis...

anything else?....

I'm tired of being sick.... no fun!

Zinc lozenges work REALLY well, and especially when you have a cold.
They really speed up the recovery time...though it makes you feel like you're sucking on a roll of nickels!
:D

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My grandmother drinks a 12 pack of beer a day and smokes 2 packs of Pall Mall non filters a day. She hasn't been sick a day in my life. It's my opinion not matter what you do/don't do for yourself doesn't really matter. I have heard of something called L-lysine (sp?) that is supposed to boost the immune system.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Remember that thread a while ago...

...about something in semen that is shown to improve physical and mental health in women?

Anyhow...Penguin...let me know if there's anything I can do!
(I'll be back Sunday).

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Prevention that works for me: Getting 8 hours of sleep a night – works WONDERS for your immune system! Keeping stress level down – stress can really zap your immune system...

Take an all-in-one vitamin each day if you're not eating a balanced diet with lots of fruit and veggies...exercise helps, too...

If you're getting alot of cold-like symptoms, could it be allergies??

If you mega-dose with Vitamin C and zinc, it's gotta be at the VERY beginning when you first start feeling the cold symptoms or it won't make much difference...just in my experience...

Once it's full-blown, STEAM treatment really helps! Drink LOTS of water and decaf herbal tea (with honey if you have a sore throat.) Gotta keep it flowing – only take decongestants, not antihistamines, because the latter will shrink the sinus openings and actually decrease the drainage process which can cause things to turn into a nasty sinus infection!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Re: sick :(

Originally posted by jrogers

Constantly wash your hands after everything you do!! After petting your animals, using the restroom, before preparing meals, and try using bleach when cleaning, you can mix a bleach - water solution in a spray bottle to spray down toilets, countertops, trash cans, everything really!! Even lyscol works for disenfecting.
Thats how we keep the daycare children from spreading germs, and it does work, my children havent had a cold for about a year now!!!

Good Luck!!
Hope you feel better!!!

Sounds just a bit OCD to me?
:)

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Re: Re: Re: sick :(

Originally posted by jetmonkey

Hey, thanks for picking up my slack, bknarw, it's hard to monitor all the threads at once.

Anytime!

You do a good job, but even superheroes can't be everywhere at once...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Penguin, if you're constantly holding on to a cold or flu symptoms, you should probably go to the doctor and get some blood work done. Could be anemia, allegies...any number of things that are running you down.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Thanks everyone for your recommendations... I'll put em to use.

Originally posted by Sierra39
Prevention that works for me: Getting 8 hours of sleep a night – works WONDERS for your immune system! Keeping stress level down – stress can really zap your immune system...

I'm pretty convinced that it's stress related... I've been quite stressed the last 2 years... and I notice that I get sick when the stress levels are higher....it's amazing... took me a few months to catch on...
I can't really stop the source of stress...it's not all within my control... and I'm a worrier... so, not a good combination...
so, I figured I could just improve my immune system.

I never thought about the sleep issue. You're right. It'll probably help my body to relax if I get proper sleep daily... and I know my body needs quite a bit of sleep. I guess I should make it a point to increase my sleep time when I'm more stressed. Makes sense. Thanks.

Thanks to all of yall...
I'll be making a visit to the drug store soon...

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Re: Remember that thread a while ago...

Originally posted by bknarw
...about something in semen that is shown to improve physical and mental health in women?

Anyhow...Penguin...let me know if there's anything I can do!
(I'll be back Sunday).

:lol:
but Bk, I've tried...it's not working... :bawl:

maybe I should get it directly from the drug store next time... :p

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Penguin, if you're constantly holding on to a cold or flu symptoms, you should probably go to the doctor and get some blood work done. Could be anemia, allegies...any number of things that are running you down.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea.... I went to my general physician when I started getting sick often.. and he was just...blah...
So, I don't wanna go back to him... he was the only general physician I've tried in the area...

I need to switch....
any recommendations? nearby hollywood/lex park...

Thanks.

watercolorgirl

Hey AP!! *hug*

Sorry that you are sick. Since you have tried a whole bunch of stuff, and nothing seems to be working I would go to the doctor. I saw the vrai said something about anemia. Which is very true, cause I did the same thing a year ago...was ALWAYS getting sick. No matter what, I would no matter what catch it. All they have to do is a simple blood test and see your iron levels and such.

watercolor

yeah yeah
well I am no one to speak on that. I am the worst person when it comes to taking a back seat. I have hypothyroidism, and I dont do what I am suppose to. I dont take my meds everyday like I should...and so on. Which in turn causes sleepyness all the time and other things amongst pretty annoying things.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A shot (or two) of apricot brandy, a long HOT bath and a good nights sleep in flannel sheets.......nekkid.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by RoseRed

:lmao: well... I guess it could work for both....:D

I get it, I get it.
Your prescription will lead to sex...and then, you'll just sweat off the cold with the extracurricular activities... :roflmao:

great idea...:cheers:

too bad I don't like anyone breathing too close to me when I'm sick...:confused: