Wisc. woman lets pet dog freeze to sidewalk.....

I

Inkpen

This owner otta be tied out and left to freeze like she did to her dog...
And take away her cloths too......
She overfeed her dog...she is likely just as obese....

What horrible actions people do......

Here is the news video showing the dog trying to crawl....
Dog Left Outside Freezes To Sidewalk

POSTED: 5:17 pm CST December 5, 2008
UPDATED: 7:20 pm CST December 5, 2008

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. -- A woman was arrested after she left her dog outside in 6 degree weather, causing it to freeze to the sidewalk.

A neighbor called police after the dog was stuck to the pavement for more than 12 hours. Jiffy’s owner, a 59-year-old woman, was taken into custody on suspicion of animal neglect.

Animal care providers had to use warm water to gently pry Jiffy free from the ice. Locks of his hair are still frozen on the pavement in front of his house.

Jiffy, an 11-year-old border collie, can now crawl but is too heavy to walk. The extra 50 pounds he’s carrying almost cost him his life.

"It is very disturbing to see a dog that overweight and then to actually come up and see the dog frozen to the sidewalk. It was very, very traumatic for me,” said Carey Payne, who is with the Sheboygan Humane Society. “I've never seen a dog actually frozen to a sidewalk before.”

The owner told police she made frequents trips outside to check on the dog, but workers at the Sheboygan County Humane Society suggest the dog was abused long before he was frozen.

"You can overfeed a dog, and when you do the dog becomes extremely overweight, it cannot move properly, it puts a strain on all of their organs,” said Payne. “It's abuse. That’s plain and simple."

Todd Wagner, the neighbor that called police, said the owner tried to free the dog.

“I tried to help (the owner) with it on Wednesday night, but I got bit by it so I left it alone. She had other people coming to help and everybody did make an effort, you know it's not that it was total neglect on her fault,” he said.

Investigators said the owner was released shortly after she was arrested, and it will be up to the district attorney to decide what charges she will face, if any.

Aside from being overweight, the dog is in good health, according to the Humane Society.

The organization said it has received multiple calls from people who are interested in adopting Jiffy.

devenny99

This woman should definitely be punished for letting the dog get that fat. There's really no excuse for that!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I am totally not watching that - how depressing.

And may I just say? The neighbors didn't do anything for 12 hours????? And they didn't see that the dog was grossly overweight before that???? The "owner" - whatever. She sounds like a nutbag who should be put away. But not one neighbor thought to call an animal rescue until the dog had been frozen to a friggin sidewalk for 12 hours?????

People disgust me.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
I am totally not watching that - how depressing.

And may I just say? The neighbors didn't do anything for 12 hours????? And they didn't see that the dog was grossly overweight before that???? The "owner" - whatever. She sounds like a nutbag who should be put away. But not one neighbor thought to call an animal rescue until the dog had been frozen to a friggin sidewalk for 12 hours?????

People disgust me.

I didn't watch it either. People suck!

:coffee:

I

Inkpen

Sounds like it lived out in that temp because it was over weight!

Unix, did you read this and watch video of this dog crawling because it is so fat it can not walK?
And to lie on a sidewalk and to freeze there becasue it CAN NOT move itself.
What dog wants to lie out on a concrete, ice covered walk in 6 degree weather?

Woman could not get the dog inside..so it froze there...on a sidewalk infront of the house!
This is not a husky with a dog house and a pile of snow to insulate itself..
It is a fat, out of shape dog that can not walk cause it is too fat to walk!

I

Inkpen

I didn't watch it either. People suck!

:coffee:

The video is shot at the Humane Society and shows a very FAT dog tryinh to walk and the staff explaining what happened and what is next for the dog adn how overfeeding is "abusive" behavior when the result is that the dog has to drag itself across the floor by its front legs.
It is not a distrubing ...."dog frozen to the sidewalk" video.
It does show some hunks of fur still frozen to the walk...that is all.

It is a pretty dog with sad eyes.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
The video is shot at the Humane Society and shows a very FAT dog tryinh to walk and the staff explaining what happened and what is next for the dog adn how overfeeding is "abusive" behavior when the result is that the dog has to drag itself across the floor by its front legs.
It is not a distrubing ...."dog frozen to the sidewalk" video.
It does show some hunks of fur still frozen to the walk...that is all.

It is a pretty dog with sad eyes.

Go rescue that cat from tes's neighbor. She's a friend and an awesome foster of ours!

Go ahead! :smoochy:

:lol:

I

Inkpen

Go rescue that cat from tes's neighbor. She's a friend and an awesome foster of ours!

Go ahead! :smoochy:

:lol:

Arn't you closer than I am?

Have them contact me if they need my help....
I have no idea who tes is and wehre the cat is...