Vacuum Cleaner Suggestions

dog lover

Hi all! I have 10+ dogs and was wondering if anyone could suggest a vacuum cleaner that would actually work for the pet hair and wouldn't break in a year. I've been doing some research but, most reviews are from people who have only owned the vacuum for 2 weeks or less.

AnnieC

Rip out all carpet..install hardwood floors....easier to dry mop than to vac up all that crap...

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Hi all! I have 10+ dogs and was wondering if anyone could suggest a vacuum cleaner that would actually work for the pet hair and wouldn't break in a year. I've been doing some research but, most reviews are from people who have only owned the vacuum for 2 weeks or less.

We have a Kirby vacuum....and I love it.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I have 4 dogs in house with carpet and I had a rainbow (20yrs) and it was great . I just bought a Kirby...Dumb idea. The rainbow is a much better for animal hair.Plus it goes into water tank and not a stinking bag. I hate this kirby.I want another rainbow. Plus you don't have to tear the it apart to use attachments. jmo

So if anyone wants to buy a Kirby let me know..

We have a Mierle or something like that. From the sen-n-vac place in waldorf in the shoppers food plaza. It is a good unit. (had) 1 dog and (have) 2 cats.

SoMDGirl42

I have 4 dogs in house with carpet and I had a rainbow (20yrs) and it was great . I just bought a Kirby...Dumb idea. The rainbow is a much better for animal hair.Plus it goes into water tank and not a stinking bag. I hate this kirby.I want another rainbow. Plus you don't have to tear the it apart to use attachments. jmo

So if anyone wants to buy a Kirby let me know..

so if anyone wants to give away a Kirby, let me know :whistle: I love my kirby, but it is really heavy dragging it up and down the stairs

dog lover

Thanks everybody! Eventually I will get hardwood floors but keep carpet in the bedrooms. Unfortunetly I have to wait awhile. Hopefully not too long.

united

I have a rainbow vac, and it is the best vac, we've had. The good thing about this vac is, all the dirt and dust and dog hair go into that water container and you drain it out and throw it away, not getting all in the air. If you have dogs and use vacs is bag or bagless, they always end up with a bad smell, even if you keep up with wiping them down and changing the bag, the rainbow doesnt have that problem, they always smell fresh.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I have a rainbow vac, and it is the best vac, we've had. The good thing about this vac is, all the dirt and dust and dog hair go into that water container and you drain it out and throw it away, not getting all in the air. If you have dogs and use vacs is bag or bagless, they always end up with a bad smell, even if you keep up with wiping them down and changing the bag, the rainbow doesnt have that problem, they always smell fresh.

I used this while house/ pet sitting. It did ok but I didnt like the small end that sucked up the hair and dirt, unless they hid it from me :lol: I agree that it left the place looking good and not much of a mess to clean up. Thought it was neat.

H

HouseCat

If your dogs have wiry hair, go iwth the animal Dyson...not the regular models. We have a Dyson standard and it doesn't suck up cat hair very well. Older cat has that wiry, hair...seems like it has barbs on it, and it sticks to everything very fast-like. Hard to vaacum out.

nana

Nana

While I will agree that the Rainbow is an awesome vac. If price is considered the Dyson is a great deal. I have a Huskey and he is nothing but a fur ball the dyson leaves the house looking good.