Arianna Huffington Quits

B

Bruzilla

This had to be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. There's Arianna going on TV making her case that she's done her best to save California, and now she's dropping out to make sure that her nightmare of Arnold getting elected doesn't occur.

I once heard it said that Huffington is only famous for trying to be famous, and that's the truth. She staged that little fiasco at Arnold's candidacy registration because no one from the media showed up at hers. Now she's claiming that she's dropping out of the race to help ensure that Arnold loses. She was polling at less than 2%, which is only about 1.5% more than I'm polling at and I'm not running.:biggrin: Does anyone actually believe that her firm as jell-o following is going to effect the election?

My guess is that Huffington dropped out now because everytime she gets her mug on TV, they'll have her name followed by "former candidate for Governor of California" on the screen, and if she's on MSNBC or CNN, they'll have the little ticker at the bottom of the screen saying how she was a candidate back in 2003. These lend her some supposed credibility... at least more so than "wife of congressman" or "political gadfly" do. If she stays with the race and loses, then all of the add-ons to her name are negative, like "lost to an inexperienced actor..." or "former candidate who lost..."

But there were the talking heads on cable news last night actually treating her like she was a serious candidate. What a vote of confidence for the media.

SamSpade

I'm still trying to figure out exactly when she completely switched sides. She used to be THE women on the right. I think you hit the nail on the head - she has no convictions except the desire to be famous.