Arrowheads

chesapeakewndrs

I was wondering if anyone here has a farm or knows of someone with a farm that would allow me to look for arrowheads. I've gotten interested in them but I don't really know where to start in the search for them. I have heard of people plowing their fields for crops and finding them then or after a good rain.

TIA.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I was wondering if anyone here has a farm or knows of someone with a farm that would allow me to look for arrowheads. I've gotten interested in them but I don't really know where to start in the search for them. I have heard of people plowing their fields for crops and finding them then or after a good rain.

TIA.

I have found a bunch down on the Indian Head base beach but you must have miltary access..

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair

TIA.

I found a bunch of them on my family farm and even found a tomahawk head. I gave them all to my grandparents. Found them while cultivating tobacco on my uncles cub tractor many years ago. Most of the farm has recently been sold to a developer and in time will become houses, houses and more houses:(

Pushrod

Patriot
Not locally, but when I was growing up in West Virginia I used to walk a corn field after plowing that was near a stream (Little Grave Creek) and used to be the site of a native village. I have a box of arrowheads and other stone tools from there. Used to love to hunt for artifacts, but have never had an opportunity to here in Maryland. Now fossil hunting is another matter, my Megalodon collection is impressive! :)

I think your best bet is to locate a field in an area that looks promising, find the owner and ask them if you can walk it and search.

chesapeakewndrs

Not locally, but when I was growing up in West Virginia I used to walk a corn field after plowing that was near a stream (Little Grave Creek) and used to be the site of a native village. I have a box of arrowheads and other stone tools from there. Used to love to hunt for artifacts, but have never had an opportunity to here in Maryland. Now fossil hunting is another matter, my Megalodon collection is impressive! :)

I think your best bet is to locate a field in an area that looks promising, find the owner and ask them if you can walk it and search.

What is the biggest Megalodon you have? I've been collecting fossils for about 12 years here...just recently getting interested in artifacts because I've seen a few coming off the beach here and there.

Pushrod

Patriot
What is the biggest Megalodon you have? I've been collecting fossils for about 12 years here...just recently getting interested in artifacts because I've seen a few coming off the beach here and there.

My biggest is 6 1/4" diagonal measure, not my best though. I have a real purty 6 incher. I would love to find a 7" tooth, haven't seen one in anyones collection yet.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
My biggest is 6 1/4" diagonal measure, not my best though. I have a real purty 6 incher. I would love to find a 7" tooth, haven't seen one in anyones collection yet.
My biggest is less then 2", pales in comparison!!:cds::cds:
Hey I want to go where you go looking, I take my kiddo's out fossil hunting, we love it!!

johnycarcinogen

From the Cliffs?!?! or from somewhere down south? If it is from the cliffs I must be looking in the wrong place lol.

chesapeakewndrs

That is impressive. I have found a 5" tooth myself. Near perfect. Even at 5" it looks tiny next to a 6" tooth, they just fill up your whole hand.