2009 Reading List

fredsaid2

So what are you planning to read this year? I generally hit the new arrivals shelf at the library and pick from there. I'd like to see what others are reading to get ideas. Currently I'm going through the Mo Hayder series and the John Sandford series. Sandford's list is huge! I'm looking forward to the new C.J. Box, I think it's due out this year. What are some of your favorites and what are you looking forward to?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I haven't really read for a while but I should definitely add it to my New Year's resolution list. I love to read. I usually read Patricia Cornwell, Mary Higgins Clark and some Stephen King. I've read most of Cornwell's stuff. Not sure if any of them have anything new coming out. Any suggestions for similar writer's are welcomed.

ginwoman

I just bought Suzanne Somers new book "Breakthrough". Sounds like it will be interesting.

fredsaid2

I haven't really read for a while but I should definitely add it to my New Year's resolution list. I love to read. I usually read Patricia Cornwell, Mary Higgins Clark and some Stephen King. I've read most of Cornwell's stuff. Not sure if any of them have anything new coming out. Any suggestions for similar writer's are welcomed.

King has Dumas Key out, that was pretty creepy.

They're not new but I also like Dean Koontz's Brother Odd series.

For crime thrillers I like John Sandford, and J.D. Robb. C.J. Box is crime on a different take; game warden out West.

Fun reads are Rita Mae Brown's Sister Jane series and Charlaine Harris' Southern Vamp series.

Last edited:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
I'm almost through book 3/5 out of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy. Plan on finishing the series.

After that, I'll either move on to Different Loving and the Erotic Bondage Handbook which have been sitting idly on the shelf for awhile, or pick up something else. Might be a few I haven't read from the Childe Cycle.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Chain..... I have a book for you, short stories B&S erotica, do you want it?

I think I'll be reading enough with all my classes :jet:

K

kris31280

Chain..... I have a book for you, short stories B&S erotica, do you want it?

I think I'll be reading enough with all my classes :jet:
The Sleeping Beauty trilogy by A.N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice) is AMAZING... :hot:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
The Sleeping Beauty trilogy by A.N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice) is AMAZING... :hot:

Exquisite Corpse buy Poppy Z. Brite is good stuff too.
I have seen that trilogy for a long time but never read.... I'll have to check it out.
I will pick up one of my Bukowski books and read them all over.... I love that dirty old man!

K

kris31280

Exquisite Corpse buy Poppy Z. Brite is good stuff too.
I have seen that trilogy for a long time but never read.... I'll have to check it out.
I will pick up one of my Bukowski books and read them all over.... I love that dirty old man!
I've read two of her books... Drawing Blood and I don't remember the other one, but yeah... those were :hot: too.

I like the Sleeping Beauty trilogy for various reasons, mostly because it's got a little something for everyone and it's never full out crude.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My goal this year is to actually read a book - any book - for pleasure - one that isn't technical nor a study guide. :lol: