Scanner work planned or today

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Scanner work planned for today

Time to reboot the feed computers and update the antivirus stuff on 'em. So there may be several downtimes throughout the course of the day.

I also intend on playing with a different antenna configuration here so reception on the feed scanners might change for the better or worse.

This will only be applicable to Feeds THREE & FOUR.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
OK Both updates are done. Next I hope to clean up the audio on Scanner THREE for St. Mary's.

It has somewhat of a humm in the audio and I bought a new soundcard to try to clean that up. That one might be up/down a few more times today.

wineo

loving life
OK Both updates are done. Next I hope to clean up the audio on Scanner THREE for St. Mary's.

It has somewhat of a humm in the audio and I bought a new soundcard to try to clean that up. That one might be up/down a few more times today.

:howdy: You are the man, Jeff. Thanks again for all you do. Still have a delay, I'm use to it now.:killingme

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
:howdy: You are the man, Jeff. Thanks again for all you do. Still have a delay, I'm use to it now.:killingme

Unfortunately that most likely going to be an admin thing. I don't know of anything I can do from my end.

PM Forum Mommy and Admin every once in a while about it. They are the ones who would have to consider any possible changes as I would imagine they would have to rethink how much money is worth putting into this.

Our numbers seem to be slowly going up over time. Especially when a major event happens and I start posting about it. All I can do from my end is try to keep a decent channel line up programmed, and keep the audio as clean as I can.

I would LOVE to see this get to be where it is is more of a REAL TIME deal like we used to have when I ran the old TeamSpeak Server. I kind of Miss that TeamSpeak Setup I had. Real Time audio with live text chat and/or voice chat as needed. But I think that is a bit too complicated for Admin and Forum Mommy to work into this website.

Would be nice though!!!!!!

HINT....HINT...HINT.... :lmao:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
OK The St. Mary's Feed will be down for a bit till I get this new soundcard installed and tweaked. I'll update this thread once done.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
OK.. It's back up now.. The audio should be somewhat cleaner now. I may have to tweak the volume a bit but that won't involve any restarts or downtimes.