Hate Crime.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
You can only "hate" if you are the majority. "hate crime" is the one of the dumbest things we have come up with yet.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Why are these lowlifes NOT being charged with a hate crime? If it were the other way around - three white guys attacking a black guy unprovoked - we would never hear the end of it. Sounds like a double standard...

Hollywood Fire Hall Rental Turns into Major Police Event - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

:smack: Here's how it works.

If you're white and tie a loop in a piece of rope and hang it in a tree, that's a hate crime because of something that happened 50 years ago and it might hurt somebodies feelings.

If you're black and a group of you stop and beat the crap out of some white guy because he's walking down the street, that's 2nd degree assault because nobodies feelings were hurt.

I don't get the whole "hate crime" thing.

"hate crime" is the one of the dumbest things we have come up with yet.

:yeahthat:

Why are these lowlifes NOT being charged with a hate crime? If it were the other way around - three white guys attacking a black guy unprovoked - we would never hear the end of it. Sounds like a double standard...

Hollywood Fire Hall Rental Turns into Major Police Event - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

I'm don't know what they should or shouldn't be charged with, because I'm not sure exactly how a 'hate crime' is defined, nor am I sure of exactly what happened in this specific case. However, what is it that makes you believe that they won't be charged with a 'hate crime'?

It seems to me that is the kind of thing that a prosecutor has to look at carefully. They would have to figure out exactly what happened and determine whether or not that met all of the legal conditions required to sustain a particular conviction. Perhaps they will be charged with a 'hate crime'.

W

White Buddah

:smack: Here's how it works.

If you're white and tie a loop in a piece of rope and hang it in a tree, that's a hate crime because of something that happened 50 years ago and it might hurt somebodies feelings.

If you're black and a group of you stop and beat the crap out of some white guy because he's walking down the street, that's 2nd degree assault because nobodies feelings were hurt.
It makes so much sense now. Thanx aps, for clearing up the misunderstanding.

smibarines

"hate crime" is the one of the dumbest things we have come up with yet.

I am not arguing that. I am just saying that there is a double standard. If the tides were turned, there would be four white guys sitting in jail right now charged with a hate crime.

smibarines

:yeahthat:

I'm don't know what they should or shouldn't be charged with, because I'm not sure exactly how a 'hate crime' is defined, nor am I sure of exactly what happened in this specific case. However, what is it that makes you believe that they won't be charged with a 'hate crime'?

It seems to me that is the kind of thing that a prosecutor has to look at carefully. They would have to figure out exactly what happened and determine whether or not that met all of the legal conditions required to sustain a particular conviction. Perhaps they will be charged with a 'hate crime'.

They were charged with second degree assault - a misdemeanor which they will probably never see the inside of a cell for.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I am not arguing that. I am just saying that there is a double standard. If the tides were turned, there would be four white guys sitting in jail right now charged with a hate crime.

I know you are not I am just pointing out that I also think it is dumb.:buddies:

They were charged with second degree assault - a misdemeanor which they will probably never see the inside of a cell for.

Those were the initial charges. They could very well be charged with more/different crimes later. I wouldn't expect someone to be charged with a 'hate crime' initially (at least not usually), since those charges would seem to require a deeper contemplation of the circumstances of the alleged crime.

Edit: By the way, I don't suspect they will be charged with 'hate crimes'.

iamanmpd

Hate crimes on assaults don't automatically come despite the races. There has to be a prosecutorial review of the charges, and prosecutors are not alerted at 0300 hours for second degree assaults. This doesn't mean they won't be charged with a hate crime, it merely means it has to be reviewed by a prosecutor.

As far as the example you provided for the difference in race, the same thing would be happening until a prosecutor reviews it.

I don't know the totality of the circumstances of this crime, but if it came out that they attacked him merely because he was walking down the road and he was white, then I am confident this states attorney will charge them accordingly either by indictment, or changing the charges before trial.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Looks like Charles County isn't messing around....UPDATE: Student Stabbed at Local High School - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News Looks like this boy is in a heap of trouble....Now if it ever makes it to court or not is a different story...Lawyers and Prosecutors will get together and make deals..I personally hope they bust his arse...
"On Jan. 5, Charles County Sheriff’s officers charged Gary O’Neil Palmer, Jr., 16 of Waldorf, with assault with intent to murder, first-degree assault, second-degree assault, resisting arrest and carrying a deadly weapon on school property.

Palmer was charged as an adult in connection with the stabbing that occurred at McDonough High School yesterday afternoon. He was remanded to the Charles County Detention Center with no bond. The investigation is continuing."

LateApex

These guys should be rounded up and beat down.

In these types of instances I'm always and "eye for an eye" kind of guy.

Worthless punks that would get their asses mauled if ever caught one on one.

LOVE

The laws and the systems are so screwed up they probaly will get a slap on the wrist and be back on the streets before we know it !!! Im almost sure that if that was a person of any other race walking alone down the street they would have done the samething because they are heartless and ignorant. Hey I got shot in the back while being called a NI**** and the guy got charged with second degree assault and reckless endangerment was that a hate crime ???

beamher

These guys should be rounded up and beat down.

In these types of instances I'm always and "eye for an eye" kind of guy.

Worthless punks that would get their asses mauled if ever caught one on one.

my thoughts as well; were probably the ones that got beat up at the fire dept.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

If those pix were the guy getting beat walking down the road, the guys who did that to him are fruckin animals, plain and simple. Cart them off to the zoo! They can be Bongo the gorilla's butt buddies.