Would you give up your weekends?

J

juicylove

Would it be worth it to give up your weekends for $6,000 more a year? So your schedule would be Saturday through Wednesday?

L

luckystar

Would it be worth it to give up your weekends for $6,000 more a year? So your schedule would be Saturday through Wednesday?

Hell yeah. That's not giving up weekends, that's just moving your days off.

C

CalvertNewbie

I personally don't think it's worth it, but I guess it really depends how you spend your free time now. You'll wind up missing out on so much by working both weekend nights. You'll most likely be on a completely opposite schedule than everyone you know and your social life will come to a screetching halt. :cds:

I used to work Sun-Thurs nites (4-12 or 5-1am), which I loved because I had Friday & Sat off and all day Sunday. With my old schedule I didn't feel like I was missing too much. But to work Sat and Sun night? No way!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If someone wanted to pay me $6000 a year more than what I'm making now to work only Sat-Wed instead of 7 days a week, I'd go for it.

Unless it was a nursing job.

Depends on a lot of things. If I had kids at home, no way. Married, probably, not a good idea. $6000 a year would be a nice raise.

I did that for a while, moved my days off. I thought it would be nice, having the stores empty, getting things done in the middle of the week....

Turns out I missed out on a lot going on. Everyone else was off the weekends and it got really lonely and boring. I had to turn down a lot of invites and when I needed a hand with a project, no one was available on my hours.

sockgirl77

Just think of all the stuff you'd miss! Festivals, parties, etc. I hated working Saturdays!

I work Saturdays 4-close. That takes up every Saturday that I could have with my kids. I average about $6k-8k more per year because of it. But, financially, I have to. ::shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

It depends.. If I'm making 12K a year now, yes a 50% raise would be worth if.

If I'm making 120,000 a year, than no.. 5% would not be worth my week-ends.

BUT if I was making 120K a year, and couldn't pay my electric bill, than yes, the extra 6k a year would be worth it.

Cowgirl

I work Saturdays 4-close. That takes up every Saturday that I could have with my kids. I average about $6k-8k more per year because of it. But, financially, I have to. ::shrug:

Well if you have to, that's different. I don't need an extra $6K. Would it be useful? Heck yes! But I can make do with what I have. To me it's not worth the extra money.

Gwydion

It depends.. If I'm making 12K a year now, yes a 50% raise would be worth if.

If I'm making 120,000 a year, than no.. 5% would not be worth my week-ends.

BUT if I was making 120K a year, and couldn't pay my electric bill, than yes, the extra 6k a year would be worth it.

Hit it on the head. Don't give figures, give percentages. And I would only do that if the lady did it as well.

Otherwise I don't need that money.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Been there, done that. Stayed for a couple of years to gain the experience, then moved onto bigger and better things. :cheers: