So Maryland should have a choice besides SMECO

Welcome to St. Mary's Today Online Edition!

Maybe this would of not have happen if SMECO had some competition SMECO needs to do more to help the poor in tuff times like lower rates.

Maybe the electric would not get cut off if people would budget better and pay their electric bill.

I have a friend that kills the electric for non-payers and he says there are way more folks not paying their bill that have new, fancy cars sitting in their driveway than poor little ole grannies on a fixed-income that can't afford to keep up with the payments.

In fact, there are a number of peeps in this county that purposely stop paying their bill come the winter months because SMECO used to have a rule about not shutting off electric during winter.

Deadbeats need to budget better or get a 2nd job.

carie_47421

Yea Right
Ok, I am confused.....What does some Idoit leaving a candle burning, and burning down there home have to do w. the "idoit" not paying there bill and having the electric shut off. There are more than enough programs out there to help people who cannot pay there elec. bill.

HELLO!!!! we pay for it everyweek when we (or atleast I) get my Payroll Check.:pete:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I think SMECO does a good job. They have assistance for people that need it.
By the way, taking an unfortunate incident of a house catching on a fire and turning it around to it being the fault of a business is stupid. It's homeowner error, not the fault of SMECO.

AmyB225

Maybe the electric would not get cut off if people would budget better and pay their electric bill.

I have a friend that kills the electric for non-payers and he says there are way more folks not paying their bill that have new, fancy cars sitting in their driveway than poor little ole grannies on a fixed-income that can't afford to keep up with the payments.

In fact, there are a number of peeps in this county that purposely stop paying their bill come the winter months because SMECO used to have a rule about not shutting off electric during winter.

as far as a budget- if you deal in a market where you were making good and BOOM the bottom drops out- you use all you have saved just to live--- guesse what a budget dont mean squat. Cant budget whats not coming in.

as far as a budget- if you deal in a market where you were making good and BOOM the bottom drops out- you use all you have saved just to live--- guesse what a budget dont mean squat. Cant budget whats not coming in.

SMECO works with people who try to pay their bills. If they get to the point where they come out to turn off the electricity... that usually means someone isn't even trying.

jetmonkey

SMECO works with people who try to pay their bills. If they get to the point where they come out to turn off the electricity... that usually means someone isn't even trying.

I was house sitting for someone; the very first day SMECO turned of the power when I was at work, had to empty all three of their refrigerators that night, lols. Dumb asses.

Gwydion

:clap::clap:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !

I dont agree with SMECO killing power in the winter it puts the firefighters and the public in danger. You know the folks will heat with any means necessary I expect more fires to come this winter.

dgates80

Land of the lost
All of the above said, we have the highest electric bills of anyplace we have *ever* lived, including the high desert of Southern California (Mojave Desert). Ya think we might have run the A/C some when it's, oh, 118F outside? And above 100F, for 4+ months out of the year? STILL less than here in SOMD. What's UP with that. Is it paying for the nuke plant? (Which I support, BTW....)

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
All of the above said, we have the highest electric bills of anyplace we have *ever* lived, including the high desert of Southern California (Mojave Desert). Ya think we might have run the A/C some when it's, oh, 118F outside? And above 100F, for 4+ months out of the year? STILL less than here in SOMD. What's UP with that. Is it paying for the nuke plant? (Which I support, BTW....)

I have a friend that works for SMECO main office I was told SMECO was making a hell of a lot of money and is rakeing over the public and they was made to spend millions before the year end.This is why we need a choice besides a wind mill or solar power.

Velocity26

I dont agree with SMECO killing power in the winter it puts the firefighters and the public in danger. You know the folks will heat with any means necessary I expect more fires to come this winter.
Well why don't you rush down to SMECO and pay that bill for the morons??
Have you left yet??
I didn't think so. Another blowhard liberal who thinks that the government and big corporations should support every dreg of society.

I bet you don't even know what deregulation is do you? Why don't you read up on it and report back what happened when it was enacted!!

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Well why don't you rush down to SMECO and pay that bill for the morons??
Have you left yet??
I didn't think so. Another blowhard liberal who thinks that the government and big corporations should support every dreg of society.

I bet you don't even know what deregulation is do you? Why don't you read up on it and report back what happened when it was enacted!!

Obama will fix it!:patriot:

Pete

Repete

It is good for the economy. Think how many Mexicans will get jobs rebuilding it with the insurance money.

W

Wenchy

I pay my bill because I like having an excellent credit rating.

I am now the stupid one.

Go figure. :jameo:

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
I have a friend that works for SMECO main office I was told SMECO was making a hell of a lot of money and is rakeing over the public and they was made to spend millions before the year end.This is why we need a choice besides a wind mill or solar power.

?:pete:?

Splain dat?