check bouncing info

Kiwi

If someone (not me) is bouncing checks in the county..is there a record of this someplace?
Some website that lists crimes ?
TY...

KMPaddy2255

If someone (not me) is bouncing checks in the county..is there a record of this someplace?
Some website that lists crimes ?
TY...

casesearch.courts.state.md.us

If they have been charge then it will be on the website.
Good luck!

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
AND if they bounced it at you...You can file charges at the States Attorney's office free of charge. By law; all you have to do is keep a record of attempting to call them once. They'll handle the rest.

Good luck

Kiwi

AND if they bounced it at you...You can file charges at the States Attorney's office free of charge. By law; all you have to do is keep a record of attempting to call them once. They'll handle the rest.

Good luck

Not to me...A friend of mine is in trouble and I wanted to see how deep in trouble they are and how best I can help.
Thank you!!!!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Not to me...A friend of mine is in trouble and I wanted to see how deep in trouble they are and how best I can help.
Thank you!!!!

Best way to help them is to confiscate their checkbook and have them contact the State's Attorney office and see if they can set up a payment schedule.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Thank you!!!!
Since you're inteested in helping out a deadbeat friend, why not help out a law-abiding person instead.....say, pay my electric bill or pay my cell phone bill. I could use a handout. :nomoney:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Since you're inteested in helping out a deadbeat friend, why not help out a law-abiding person instead.....say, pay my electric bill or pay my cell phone bill. I could use a handout. :nomoney:

Or help buy your cookies.

Kiwi

You need cookies?
Giveme an address and what kind and Ill send you a box.....my favorite are Mint...YUM!!!:drool:

Kiwi

Best way to help them is to confiscate their checkbook and have them contact the State's Attorney office and see if they can set up a payment schedule.

I think it is beyond that...it is more like compulsive spending....needs to be gently confronted and not enabled....and a very strict budget!!!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I think it is beyond that...it is more like compulsive spending....needs to be gently confronted and not enabled....and a very strict budget!!!

Is this your partner/ mate or just a friend? If it gets to the point that the police show up, there will be no gentle confrontation. It will a be at least a trip or two to court and maybe even a hancuffed visit to the jail.

Kiwi

Is this your partner/ mate or just a friend? If it gets to the point that the police show up, there will be no gentle confrontation. It will a be at least a trip or two to court and maybe even a hancuffed visit to the jail.

A friend from the church...has not been reported for the bounced checks yet...but I suspect more trouble is coming with this issue of compulsive spending coupled with denial.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
A friend from the church...has not been reported for the bounced checks yet...but I suspect more trouble is coming with this issue of compulsive spending coupled with denial.

The old saying of "Don't write checks you cannot cash" would apply here. Although unless you know, how many, how much and you are prepared to help them out. It may be best to let them learn the lesson themselves. Then you can be there to support them in the rebuilding process.

Also if they contact the place the said check was written to, the business place may be willing to make arrangements. If the person that made the mistake ignores the opportunity to rectify it. It will likely only become an ugly problem later on.

Last edited:

Kiwi

The old saying of "Don't write checks you cannot cash" would apply here. Although unless you know, how many, how much and you are prepared to help them out. It may be best to let them learn the lesson themselves. Then you can be there to support them in the rebuilding process.

Also if they contact the place the said check was written to, the business place may be willing to make arrangements. If the person that made the mistake ignores the opportunity to rectify it. It will likely only become an ugly problem later on.

The bounced checks are but one of the many problems associated with compulsive spending.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
The bounced checks are but one of the many problems associated with compulsive spending.

I appreciate your willingness and compassion to want to help someone you care about. Just remember sometimes you may not be able to fix it all, but you can be there to help them pick up the pieces after.:huggy:

Kiwi

I appreciate your willingness and compassion to want to help someone you care about. Just remember sometimes you may not be able to fix it all, but you can be there to help them pick up the pieces after.:huggy:

Not trying to "fix" my friend...but rather to help by not enabling the contiuned compulsive behavior. Helping with budget and getting my friend to realize there is a problem to begin with.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Not trying to "fix" my friend...but rather to help by not enabling the contiuned compulsive behavior. Helping with budget and getting my friend to realize there is a problem to begin with.

I didn't mean fix the friend, I meant fix the situation. I get what you are trying to do and good luck. This world could use a lot more loving and caring people like you.