Did I miss something?

The market dynamics are complicated and multi-layered. Long story short, the 'price of oil' that gets widely reported (i.e. the current trading price of the futures contract for oil to be delivered next month) does not correspond directly and instantly to the retail price of gas at the pump.

SoMDGirl42

:confused: filled up 89 octane for 1.64 last night

Me too :high5: I think once people realized they were doing that, it was getting pretty busy in there. I saw one guy bring two vehicles, then as he was leaving said he'd be back with the other two.

What time were you there? I stopped in about 10.

dn0121

Me too :high5: I think once people realized they were doing that, it was getting pretty busy in there. I saw one guy bring two vehicles, then as he was leaving said he'd be back with the other two.

about 10:15 I gather

B

Beaver-Cleaver

The market dynamics are complicated and multi-layered. Long story short, the 'price of oil' that gets widely reported (i.e. the current trading price of the futures contract for oil to be delivered next month) does not correspond directly and instantly to the retail price of gas at the pump.

But how come everytime the price of oil surges, gas prices surge a day or two later but when oil goes down, it takes weeks for gas prices to go down? :confused:

The market dynamics = Exxon and Shell wanting more money.

Gwydion

But how come everytime the price of oil surges, gas prices surge a day or two later but when oil goes down, it takes weeks for gas prices to go down? :confused:

Because when the prices go down, they still have higher price oil in their pumps. They aren't going to lose money.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Because when the prices go down, they still have higher price oil in their pumps. They aren't going to lose money.

and I've also read/heard that when stations buy their gas at XX price, they obviously can't lower their prices until they sell all of that higher priced gasoline, and then invest in the cheaper stuff.
:shrug:
I was just making an observation :lol: I'm boycotting gasoline as long as I can stand it. (probably till sunday :lmao:)

How did he do that? Drive 100 yards, stop and run back and get the other one. Drive 200 yds , stop, go back and get the first one, etc. etc.?

Gwydion

and I've also read/heard that when stations buy their gas at XX price, they obviously can't lower their prices until they sell all of that higher priced gasoline, and then invest in the cheaper stuff.
:shrug:
I was just making an observation :lol: I'm boycotting gasoline as long as I can stand it. (probably till sunday :lmao:)

I'll boycott it too. :boxing:

I leave work in 61 minutes. My boycott will be over in about 65 minutes. Already on E. Gas companies have us :wench:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I tried. Really really tried to not use gas. I rode my bike to work. Only got to work 2 hours late.

:lmao:
You're SUPPOSED to hold on to the back of a car. Didn't you read your Obam-anual that tells you that shows you ways to mooch off of people instead of needing to earn money?
:roflmao: That one goes out to the SOMD righties :diva:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I was at the PF Safeway this afternoon after work @ around 2:30 and gas was $1.71. Went into Safeway, shopped about 1/2 hr. and came out - gas was $1.69.