What happened to Uno's??

mizteresa1965

I just drove by St. Charles Town Center and Uno's is closed up. All the signage has been removed. Looks like a ghost restaurant. I didn't even know they were closing. Too bad.............they had great pizza!!

OldHillcrestGuy

Under performing restaurant, closed by Corporate Offices. Might have been the only way to get Andy Marquis to stop hanging out there.:killingme

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
The recession hit.

Gas, food, electric went up. People quit coming so headquarters closed it down just like OHC guy said "under performing". I believe Bennigans (sp) or one of those type of resturants closed during the summer last year and most resturants as allot of other companies are closing because of poor performance. I know when gas prices were high we cut out allot of our "outings" and stayed home.

It's sad tho...I loved Uno's:bawl:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The recession hit.

It's sad tho...I loved Uno's:bawl:

:bs:

Had nothing to do with the recession.. had to do with crappy help, worthless managers, and overall the worst run restaurant I've ever been in.

How it surveved as long as it did is beyond me.

bobbyb

UNO’s had three liquor violations last year and were told that if they had a fourth they would lose their liquor license. I wonder if that might have anything to do with them closing?

B

Beaver-Cleaver

UNO’s had three liquor violations last year and were told that if they had a fourth they would lose their liquor license. I wonder if that might have anything to do with them closing?

No.

Back in August, coporate in Chicago told the Waldorf UNOs they couldn't do anymore live entertainment (even though that's what was bringing in the money) because every town is like Chicago:rolleyes: and they don't need entertainment to attract customers. They had a contract with Sam Grow that ran through December they had to finish out.

Once the music stopped, people stopped going except CCPS employees on Friday nights. :killingme Crappy food, crappy service, no A/C in the summer or heat in the winter. Only thing they were good for is they had a porch.

Coporate came out, told them to shut down and they were done.

Thanks UNO's coporate from Chicago. :middlefinger:

I hate it because as bad as UNO's was, Boston's is even worse.

I effing hate Boston's and will never go back to that place.