Local Social Security Office

frbdnrose

Does anyone know if the SSA still comes to the College of Southern Maryland (CSM) Leonardtown Campus, Building A, 22950 Hollywood Road on the second Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Can't find anything recent and the toll free number goes on forever with no answers. TIA

nana

Nana
Does anyone know if the SSA still comes to the College of Southern Maryland (CSM) Leonardtown Campus, Building A, 22950 Hollywood Road on the second Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.? Can't find anything recent and the toll free number goes on forever with no answers. TIA

I didn't know about either of those we treck to Allentown Rd. be there before 8:15 or you will have a line 50 deep

frbdnrose

I didn't know about either of those we treck to Allentown Rd. be there before 8:15 or you will have a line 50 deep

That is what we are trying to avoid. :cds: Back in Feb/March the info about them coming down here was posted on somd. Just trying to find out if they still do it. Thanks for the warning about the lines just in case I do have to go there!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
From the Department of Aging website -
Q: When does the Social Security Administration representative visit St. Mary’s County?

A: The Social Security Administration currently provides service on the second Wednesday of each month at the College of Southern Maryland Leonardtown Campus, Bldg. A. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Higher Education Center on Airport Road in California.
If all else fails start calling those on the staff directory here - St. Mary's County Dept. of Aging - Staff Directory - and see what they say.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I'm glad you asked that question. It just reminded me that I cannot find my youngest's SS card.

nana

Nana
That is what we are trying to avoid. :cds: Back in Feb/March the info about them coming down here was posted on somd. Just trying to find out if they still do it. Thanks for the warning about the lines just in case I do have to go there!

Its crazy my husband is on SSI and just a total mess you take a disabled person and they have to stand in line and then go in take a number and wait on the hardest chairs known to man.

frbdnrose

Thank you all for the info. Looks like it may have helped others as well! I'll ask my daughter how it goes, and report back after her visit.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Too bad I wasted money on reference books, encyclopedias, and the internet... all I ever needed was you! :nerd:

What don't you know...:lol:

hmmmm. 33k posts? Yep, wasted money. :killingme

All anyone need is a little google savvy and you can find almost anything. It's not forensic search.

pappascw

Hate to drum up an old post.. Is this still current info?

Social Security representatives will be available at the Southern Maryland Higher Education Center (SMHEC) at 44219 Airport Road in California from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month.

Other service sites in Southern Maryland include:

-- College of Southern Maryland (CSM) Leonardtown Campus, Building A, 22950 Hollywood Road on the second Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.

-- Calvert County Office on Aging at 450 Dares Beach Road in Prince Frederick on the first and third Thursday of the month from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

-- Richard R. Clark Senior Center at 1210 Charles Street in La Plata on the fourth Thursday of each month from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

normalgirl

Back in October 2009, the SMHEC was NO LONGER a service site. They had just recently stopped doing it there. We did get to go to CSM in Leonardtown, and the info looks the same (time and days) but you might want to make sure before you go. And go early.

oldman

Lobster Land
I went to the Clark Center last August. Got there to what I thought was early only to have 14 others waiting ahead of me. The SS people didn't show up until their start time so it was a little wait on our part but all waiting were friendly and shared why they were there. Yes it took some time to get in where one person checked your file and you were sent back out to sit a while longer. Then once called back in I got excellent service and everything taken care of. Takes a few hours for most but it would have taken me much longer had I gone up to the office in Clinton where I hear the lines are L O N G.

belvak

Happy Camper
Not that it helps anyone right now, but I have heard from a reliable source that the SSA will be opening a location in Charlotte Hall to serve SOMD. More specifically, near the SMH Urgent Care Center off of Golden Beach Road. Rumor has it, they will be up and running sometime this fall/winter.

pappascw

I went to the Clark Center last August. Got there to what I thought was early only to have 14 others waiting ahead of me. The SS people didn't show up until their start time so it was a little wait on our part but all waiting were friendly and shared why they were there. Yes it took some time to get in where one person checked your file and you were sent back out to sit a while longer. Then once called back in I got excellent service and everything taken care of. Takes a few hours for most but it would have taken me much longer had I gone up to the office in Clinton where I hear the lines are L O N G.

Clinton is terrible.. Went there Thurs of last week, got there hour early, waited in line 45 min early and left pissed off 1.5 hours later.. Went to senior center last year.. Went quickly had a nice old man but nothing happened.. He never filed paperwork or got back with issues. He has since retired so no clue what happened. May try locally again to save ride back to clinton.. Good news about a local office....

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Is this info still good? The ssa.gov website directs me to Clinton. Not where I want to go. Any phone #'s I could call to double check where and when they come down? TIA.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Is this info still good? The ssa.gov website directs me to Clinton. Not where I want to go. Any phone #'s I could call to double check where and when they come down? TIA.

Yes, they're at the college on the second Wednesday of the month. I saw them there on the 9th.

Get there and sign in by 7:30, then go over to Ye Old Cafe on the square (where Linda's used to be) and have a nice breakfast then come back. They start seeing people about 9:00. The college has good WiFi so if you have a laptop you can watch a netflix movie or post on the forums.

belvak

Happy Camper
Not that it helps anyone right now, but I have heard from a reliable source that the SSA will be opening a location in Charlotte Hall to serve SOMD. More specifically, near the SMH Urgent Care Center off of Golden Beach Road. Rumor has it, they will be up and running sometime this fall/winter.

I'll have to check with my source and see if this is still on. She's out of town until next week, but I'll ask when she gets back.