St. Mary's Pigskin Football

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by cattitude
Christy, we'll have to come watch him play. We'll chat this week!!

That would be awesome. The games are actually really good. They've got a killer defensive line as well as a really good passing game. :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Christy, were you blessed to have received a schedule? :confused: We were told there is no schedule, and we don't find out till practice Friday nights if/when/where the game is Saturdays. I find that hard to believe. :shrug:

Soccer, not Football

Our oldest boy is playing soccer. His team has yet to win by less than 8 goals. They have yet to be scored on.

J

justhangn

Re: Soccer

Originally posted by huntr1
Our oldest boy is playing soccer. His team has yet to win by less than 8 goals. They have yet to be scored on.

I can see you haven't played us yet??

What's your CH #? Age group?

sunnydaze

My son plays on Division 2 Raiders and we are also kicking butt, we are undefeated so far, and that is because we have boys that love football and a great coach!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by crabcake
Christy, were you blessed to have received a schedule? :confused: We were told there is no schedule, and we don't find out till practice Friday nights if/when/where the game is Saturdays. I find that hard to believe. :shrug:

Heck no! You never get a schedule! Sheesh, you're definitely a pigskin "newbie" :lol: Our games have always been at the same time every Saturday though, so we just show up at 10:30 and play around noonish.

We have a totally awesome coach(s) as well Sunny. We've been fortunate to have awesome coaches the entire three years my kid has played.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Soccer, not Football

Originally posted by huntr1

My son played soccer for a year and hated it, and I hated the soccer moms (that were on my kids team, I'm sure not all soccer mom's are as annoying as the one's I encountered). :lol: I thought my kid would be the same with football, but he loves it, and the football mom's are WAY cooler. :cool: :wink:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
If I am ever a football mom, it won't be with number one son. In the last year, he grew two inches and lost a pound. At 5 yrs old, he is 38 lbs. He is the smallest kid on the soccer team and the slowest. It looks like he's going to be a brainy kid though.

Number 2 son is 2 1/2. He is a little stockier and much more rugged. He might be a football player if he wants.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by cmcdanal
If I am ever a football mom, it won't be with number one son. In the last year, he grew two inches and lost a pound. At 5 yrs old, he is 38 lbs. He is the smallest kid on the soccer team and the slowest. It looks like he's going to be a brainy kid though.

Number 2 son is 2 1/2. He is a little stockier and much more rugged. He might be a football player if he wants.

You'd be surprised. Some of the scrawnier kids are the toughest. I think when they get those pads on they feel invincible. :lol:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by cmcdanal

kicker

crabcake

Originally posted by Christy
Heck no! You never get a schedule! Sheesh, you're definitely a pigskin "newbie" :lol: Our games have always been at the same time every Saturday though, so we just show up at 10:30 and play around noonish.

We have a totally awesome coach(s) as well Sunny. We've been fortunate to have awesome coaches the entire three years my kid has played.

I'm glad your team is more 'together'. Ours isn't. :frown: We drove from place to place two weeks ago trying to find the game, only to show up at half-time with only 3 cheerleaders. :ohwell:

Is soccer done through the same league? :confused: I think we'll give that a shot next season.

sunnydaze

We also did a year of soccer and it totally sucked! Football moms are cooler and less uptight! And some of our smallest boys on the team are the toughest! I am glad my son loves football because that soccer stuff is BORING. The boys on our team always look over at the soccer field and say, "look at the grass faires" I had to let them know that all boys are not cut out for football.

crabcake

Originally posted by sunnydaze
We also did a year of soccer and it totally sucked! Football moms are cooler and less uptight! And some of our smallest boys on the team are the toughest! I am glad my son loves football because that soccer stuff is BORING. The boys on our team always look over at the soccer field and say, "look at the grass faires" I had to let them know that all boys are not cut out for football.

If I wasn't afraid of my little girl being shoved on the field, I'd let her play football. She'd probably kick some of the boys' azzes :biggrin: But she's in cheerleading now. She loves to run though, so I thought soccer might suit her better, and she likes it, so we'll see. :ohwell: