Hollyweird Awards shows

Pete

Repete
Just how many venues and events do the elitist pigs in Hollyweird need to all gather in clothing that costs more for one night than most of the "people" they claim to champion make in a year? We have the Oscars, Screen Actors Guild, Golden Globes, Peoples Choice, and a few others that slip my mind. Isn't 4 or 5 enough? Because of their inflated ego's do they need periodic stroking and public displays of their all-round superiority to feed the beast?

Can you think of another profession that has 4 or 5 gatherings a year to have a giant pretty people group grope and back patting session? Firemen, Insurance salesmen? When CitiBank did it everyone was upset.

You know it might not be so bad if they were even remotely in touch with reality. Movie revenue is down and the crap they produce year in and year out pretty much sucks. Even when there is a pearl it is likely to be snubbed unless it is an over the top social statement.

Best actor this year? Penn in MILK. I happened to get a hold of a bootleg copy of MILK a few weeks ago and made it 20 minutes into it. Perhaps I might have made it longer if they had chronicled Harvey Milk's life in a reasonable way instead of spending the first 20 minutes figuring out how many shots they could get of Sean Penn picking up young men, kissing and rolling around with them.

America must not have been all that excited about an over the top gay rompfest about the first popularly elected public figure in American history because it made $28M. Curious case of Benjamin Button make $128M.

Next, what is the outpouring of emotion and awe over Heath Ledger? Sure he was good as the Joker but was it even a mystery that Ledger, the new Hollyweird golden boy (Pause for trumpets) would win the Oscar as he had won every other award so far this year? Where else in America would a 28 year old crazy rich spoiled brat who offed himself with an overdose of heroin would be celebrated as a megalithic hero of all time?

This whole think makes me want to hurl.

Last edited:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Can you think of another profession that has 4 or 5 gatherings a year to have a giant pretty people group grope and back patting session? Firemen, Insurance salesmen? When CitiBank did it everyone was upset.

Forum luncheons. :yay:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Personally, I had never heard of the movie "MILK" till the last award show(can't remember which one that was) nominees for best picture were advertised on the news

Baz

This. ------------------>
Heath Ledger didn't die of a heroin overdose.

If you don't like Hollywood awards shows, don't watch them. I don't.

T

toppick08

All I know.....I didn't watch it because my girl, Duffy, wasn't wearing her red dress and showing those Heaven-sent legs for days.......:hot:

Pete

Repete
Heath Ledger didn't die of a heroin overdose.

If you don't like Hollywood awards shows, don't watch them. I don't.

I don't watch them.

Your right I was thinking someone else. Heath Ledger died from "acute intoxication from oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine. That is a whole lot better than heroin.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I feel the same way Pete does....These ego ridden people get these fancy little golden statues and purty cups for what? Doing their damn job that they get paid a gazillion bucks for...Do you see any other trades get awards for doing their jobs like these people do? I had a plumber come to my house last week and fix a water line...Did he win a "Plummie"? No, he just got the money and no award...Had a Carpenter build me a deck...Did he get a "Carpie"? Nope...I do think my Electrician got a "Sparkie" one time

onebdzee

off the shelf
I don't watch them.

Your right I was thinking someone else. Heath Ledger died from "acute intoxication from oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine. That is a whole lot better than heroin.

That's because those are were all prescribed by a doctor

onebdzee

off the shelf
I feel the same way Pete does....These ego ridden people get these fancy little golden statues and purty cups for what? Doing their damn job that they get paid a gazillion bucks for...Do you see any other trades get awards for doing their jobs like these people do? I had a plumber come to my house last week and fix a water line...Did he win a "Plummie"? No, he just got the money and no award...Had a Carpenter build me a deck...Did he get a "Carpie"? Nope...I do think my Electrician got a "Sparkie" one time

I want a "tarpie" :diva:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Prescribed for who? Probably different doctors who didn't know about each other.

Did you forget it was Hollywood?....you don't even have to have a medical degree there, you just have to play one on TV and you have the authority to write a prescription

Baz

I don't watch them.

It was ruled an accidental overdose of legally prescribed medications.

That's a bit different than the picture you painted of a heroin junkie shooting himself up and dying as a result.

Pete

Repete
It was ruled an accidental overdose of legally prescribed medications.

That's a bit different than the picture you painted of a heroin junkie shooting himself up and dying as a result.

The difference between a street junkie shooting up and dying and a 28 year old movie star overdosing and dying after taking a fist full of narcotic perscription drugs is what exactly?

lovinmaryland

The difference between a street junkie shooting up and dying and a 28 year old movie star overdosing and dying after taking a fist full of narcotic perscription drugs is what exactly?

You seem really angry today... this is for you -----> :huggy:

Baz

On one hand, you have someone injecting an illegal drug. In Heath's case, you have someone accidentally overdosing on legal prescription drugs.

Vince

Was Changeling about raging homosexuality, America hating or counter culture stuff?
If the movie is not about any of the above, it won't take squat for awards. I don't bother watching any of the award shows anymore. If the movie sucks, they'll give it an award.