Prayers

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I know I'm not the most outwardly religious person but my uncle and his girlfriend were killed in a car accident last night and I'm unsure of how I feel about it. My uncle has led a very far from perfect life and has caused much pain and damage to my family and myself personally. He's a drug (crack) addict and has a ton of emotional problems. He's been in and out of prison my entire life. Every time he gets out he does well for a while then ends up doing something to get himself locked back up. Anyway, I saw him in September when I went on vacation and he seemed to be doing really well. The last time he was in jail he had a major heart attack and had to have quadruple bipass surgeory. He had another heart attack right after my family returned from vacation. He had seemingly found God and was doing pretty well and staying out of trouble. Then this.

I have come to terms with what he's done to myself and my family and I have forgiven him. I guess what I'm struggling with is I'm worried about his soul. As much pain as he's caused I do believe that there was a good person inside of him somewhere. He's made terrible choices in his life and hurt a lot of people and I worry if he will be forgiven for them. I hope so.

Anyway, any of you that pray please pray for him and for my family especially my grandmother. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child. I don't know much about his girlfriend but please pray for her family as well.

K

Kain99

I'm so sorry Pixie.... I truly belive that God is more forgiving and more loving then any of us here on earth. I'm willing to bet he's in the arms of the Lord. :smile:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ditto what Kain said Pixie.
I've said a prayer for him and his friend; all we can hope is, as you said yourself - "I believe there was a good person inside of him somewhere", and if God recognizes it, he will be saved.

I don't know how you will take this, but, maybe there was so much turmoil on this earth for him that he "couldn't get it right"; everywhere he turned he found trouble, or it found him.

Maybe it's the Lord's work, and he's found peace at last. If we all live our lives believing in Jesus Christ, we'll all find out someday.
:smile:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Thank you guys. And Kain I believe the same thing. I feel kinda weird myself because I'm not really greiving. Of course I'm sad about it but in a way I'm kinda relieved. The call came in at about 3:30 a.m. right after I got home. My mom took the call but I had seen the caller ID before she picked up. I knew it was probably my uncle. I don't know if it was a gut feeling or just knowing how he is, but I knew. I was sure it was something to do with my uncle and I honestly though it was a call to say he's been killed in a drug deal gone bad or something. I was glad to hear that I was wrong. I was glad that it happened during a good point in his life when people could say he was doing well. I'm glad that he wasn't doing something wrong. I feel weird that I'm so comforatable with his death. Like I said, I've truly forgiven him for what he's done to me. And if I can forgive him then anyone alive can forgive him. I didn't have much respect for him but he was my uncle, my only uncle and as part of my family I loved him. I feel bad that I'm more relieved then sad.

K

Kizzy

Pixie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You say that he was trying to live a better life and found faith in God. I find it ironic that people change their life and than die in some tragedy totally unrelated to the behavior that lend to so much misery in their life, but maybe it is God’s will.

K

Kizzy

Also Pix, I'm very comfortable with death. I'm not afraid, but then again, I feel that I have strong faith that this life is only a fraction of our being. My faith was even stronger after my mother died.

tater

Sorry to hear about your Uncle and his girlfriend Pix. That is some devasting news news to get, and I know how it just make your heart drop to your stomach when hearing something like that. I'm sure they are in a better place since he had worked to get his life back in order. Take care

:huggy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pixie, you and your family have my sympathy. Don't feel bad about having mixed feelings. Something like this can take a while to sort out. :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My sympathies on your loss. Take comfort in knowing they are in a much better place now. :huggy:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Im sorry honey. Hopefully he is in a better place. I will pray for your grandmother and put her on the prayer list for the 20-Something group. :huggy: I am truly sorry that things worked out the way they did. Give your family my love. :huggy:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by pixiegirl
I feel kinda weird myself because I'm not really greiving. Of course I'm sad about it but in a way I'm kinda relieved. I feel weird that I'm so comforatable with his death.

We have almost zero control over the way that we feel. You're Uncle made mistakes in his life and at least one of those mistakes cost you dearly. You can't beat yourself up or even spend one second feeling weird that you are comfortable with his death. Sadly, his life has ended but yours will go on.

Don't fight the way you feel Pix.... Understand that your feelings are valid and your response to his passing is not only perfectly normal but exactly where you need to be right now.

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Like I said, I've truly forgiven him for what he's done to me. And if I can forgive him then anyone alive can forgive him. I didn't have much respect for him but he was my uncle, my only uncle and as part of my family I loved him. I feel bad that I'm more relieved then sad.

If I've learned anything in this life, it's that forgivness is critical to our own success and happiness! I'm proud of you for letting go of the pain he caused you. Don't let his death set you back baby girl. :wink: