Whatcha readin'?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I usually have a stack of books on deck to read, but I've read them all and I need something new! Any recommendations? Books, authors, etc? The little one is getting into chapter books and I have a great list for him and a library trip is in order. I hate going and not picking up a book or two for myself. This gorgeous weather is just screaming for me to sit out on the patio and read, and so far I've been reduced to my guilty pleasure (fashion magazines :jameo:).

I've been really into Tudor England lately, but my library's pretty small town and I can't find much on the subject. I just read "Sex With Kings", which was very interesting, but poorly written.

I have this on the way from Amazon, but I want something to read in the meantime, and I need to build my stack back up. I'm lost without a stack of unread books. :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I've been really into Tudor England lately

Have you read "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "The Boleyn Inheritance". Those are pretty good.

I am at a loss for books these days. Nothing looks interesting. I typically get all of my good books from my friend who's an avid reader. She weeds out all the crap for me and only sends the good ones my way. :lol: But she got a Kindle for Christmas, now I screwed. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Me too, but I've been into true crime. Does that interest you?
I'll read anything, what are a few good ones to try?

Just finished Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" - great read
I read that a few years ago and liked it. He has a new one coming out sometime (no release date) that looks interesting.

Have you read "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "The Boleyn Inheritance". Those are pretty good.

I am at a loss for books these days. Nothing looks interesting. I typically get all of my good books from my friend who's an avid reader. She weeds out all the crap for me and only sends the good ones my way. :lol: But she got a Kindle for Christmas, now I screwed. :ohwell:
I saw "The Other Boleyn Girl" (the movie) and didn't really care for the way they handled the charges against Anne. I've been holding off on the books, but I may try them.

My taste has changed in the last couple of years, so I'm having a hard time finding books that interest me. I find myself picking up books by authors I used to like and putting them down after the first chapter. They just aren't enough anymore. :ohwell:

I did read Franny and Zooey by JD Salinger and LOVED it. Didn't like Catcher in the Rye, though. :ohwell:

cckruz

Janet Evanovich. Start with One for the Money Her book are "laugh out loud" funny. The 15th one in the series is coming out this summer.

Charlaine Harris. She is the author who wrote the books based on the True Blood series on HBO.

These are easy, but fun reads.

Cowgirl

I read a bunch of Mary Higgins Clark the past 2 years or so. They're pretty good, and an easy read.

Take a break from the heavy books and read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series! They're hilarious and a super quick read! You'll like 'em, and they'll make you :lol:.

Cowgirl

Janet Evanovich. Start with One for the Money Her book are "laugh out loud" funny. The 15th one in the series is coming out this summer.

Charlaine Harris. She is the author who wrote the books based on the True Blood series on HBO.

GMTA! :clap: :high5:

Cowgirl

Oh, I also really enjoyed Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver and Salem Falls by Jodi Piccoult. I've wanted to read more of Piccoult's stuff, but I always forget when I go to the library. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

I've read them all. Well, I read a few of the Janet Evanovich books and didn't like them. Loved the Sookie Stackhouse books and can't wait for the newest to come out in May. She has a couple other series (serieses? :lmao:) but I've heard they aren't as good.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I read a bunch of Mary Higgins Clark the past 2 years or so. They're pretty good, and an easy read.

Take a break from the heavy books and read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series! They're hilarious and a super quick read! You'll like 'em, and they'll make you :lol:.
Mary Higgins Clark is one that I used to like, but I just can't get into them anymore.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Oh, I also really enjoyed Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver and Salem Falls by Jodi Piccoult. I've wanted to read more of Piccoult's stuff, but I always forget when I go to the library. :lol:
I read The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult and HATED IT!!! What a depressing book. Are the rest of her books that soul-sucking? :lmao:

Prodigal Summer sounds familiar, I think my mom read it. I'll have to pick it up.

I read a few books by an author a few years ago whose name I can't remember, and I can't even really remember what the books were about, but I liked them. :stupid: I think one was about some women who met at the DMV cause they all had the same birthday, then they joined back up a few years later. And then one about all these women on the same block (or cul de sac, I have a terrible memory) and one of their husbands was cheating. Something... Maybe it's not even the same author. This is why I have such a hard time. :roflmao:

K

Kain99

I was feeling all sappy on Saturday and I bought Impossible...by Danielle Steele! I haven't read her for a decade. A little hard romance might do me good.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Not sure if you like any type of Sci-fi at all, I got back into reading Anne McCaffrey, and she has several different series. I've always enjoyed all her books. I was into Mary Higgins Clark for a while and just can't get back into them. For romance I have always liked Kathleen Woodwiss. I have not picked up anything new for quite some time.. :buddies:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Yeah, I get like that too. Have you read the VC Andrews books?
I think I may have, when I was younger. Are they scary-ish? My best friend and I used to read the stupidest books in middle school - always scary. I remember reading one about some girls living in this house (boarding school?) and they were being possessed in the middle of the night by dead artistic geniuses (I remember one was a pianist). :roflmao: