Gilligan's Pier in Newburg reviews

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Since we have had a few posts asking about “what is the best bar…..” why don’t we start a post about the individual bars and describe what they are all about.

This Bar we are going to speak of is:
Gilligan's Pier in Newburg

Here are a few questions to get the ball rolling:

How often do you go?

How is the entertainment? DJ, Live Music?

What is the average crowd like?
What about their Age?

How are their drinks?

Why is this place better than the others?
Is there anything you don’t like about this club?

How often do you go? Only when it's hot in the summer.

How is the entertainment? DJ, Live Music? Pretty good, they have a DJ and Live Music.

What is the average crowd like? Fun. Everyone's there pretty much doing the same thing...enjoying the weather, having fun with friends.

What about their Age? All ages, 21 and up :yay:

How are their drinks? I don't like the 'Swamp Water" (their special drink) as much as others, it's too sweet for me. The 'Pain in the @$$' is okay but it's pretty much just Piña Colada with Strawberry Daquiri on top. I usually just stick with beer :cheers:

Why is this place better than the others? I like going in the summer during the day, eating crabs, having some drinks with my friends and listening to some pretty good music (and everyone else having fun) on the "beach" :biggrin:

Is there anything you don’t like about this club? Well, they haven't offered to buy me a boat yet :ohwell:

I'm ready for summer...:starcat:

kimmiekay98

Awesome bar, outside on the beach so if you don't like crowds, you can still enjoy the music but not be smack dab in the middle of a huge crowd. BEAUTIFUL sunsets. Great food, LOVE the swamp water!!! I have been going here for the last 2 summers and it is my favorite bar in Maryland or Virginia. I always have fun here.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I went there a few times just before Tommy sold it to Art (I can't remember what year it was; 2000 2001?) It has gotten a whole lot better since then. The food, the staff and the place. However, many of the patrons are goons (loud and obnoxious) but probably because I'm now looking at them as an outsider (a former drunk). I've seen people of all ages there, from small kids to geezers...

I go there most every (good weather) Saturday from May-Oct for lunch after I drive by All American HD. Most of their food is very good and I've tried about 70% of their menu items.

There are only 2 things I dislike about the place:
The parking lot is loose gravel and not a fun time on a Harley.
The "bands" they have during the day STINK! I was ready to offer them $20 to take a LONG break. I don't know about night bands since I'm not there at night.

I like this place because of the people, the food and the view. Who doesn't like a view of the water, the boats and the babes? I can't speak for their drinks because I no longer drink. If the food was bad or the "help" wasn't courteous to me, I wouldn't be back but, since it's all good, I give it a high rating.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Drinkin Jenkins! :buddies:

Holiday and evening bands are great but I hit the road/water well before the "fun" starts. Just not my cup of tea any more (I'll be 40 next year, ouch!).
Ohhh, you're soo old! Over the hill even. I was 18 when you were born so hush! :killingme I hear stories from the servers and it sounds like it's crazy at night. I'm definitely too old for that now. I spent too many years "under the influence" and recovering from the hangovers took longer & longer, so I gave up drinking (as a lifestyle) 22 years ago...

E

EmptyTimCup

I went there a few times just before Tommy sold it to Art (I can't remember what year it was; 2000 2001?)

IIRC

Pier III

I did some plumbing work @ P III back in 96 - 97

does Tommy still ownh the dive in White Plains

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I did some plumbing work @ P III back in 96 - 97
does Tommy still ownh the dive in White Plains
Tommy told me he was moving to the Carolinas after he sold Pier 3. I talked to him once, shortly after that when he came back to see his old place. I didn't know that he owned the place that Prime Street grill now occupies; I can't remember what it was called. I only went in there once and it was kind of a dump...