Pit Bull Attack!!!!!!

SoMDGirl42

That's right. You heard me. For the second time, my big dog has been attacked in MY yard by the same vicious pit bull. The first time nearly killed her, and this time she has no less than 6-8 puncture wounds that require a vets attention again.

This is not the even the second time this pit has attacked. It previously killed two cats in the neighborhood, and my dog and I barely escaped another attack. I managed to get inside and shut the door just as the dogs head slammed into my door, again on MY property.

What pizzes me off is animal control has yet to kill this dog! I'm fuming mad, and that's an understatement.

The owner refused to pay the nearly 1,000 vet bill last time, but this time she won't be so lucky. I'll be headed to Leonardtown tomorrow to file my lawsuit if she doesn't whip out her check book or credit card TOMORROW for the bills.

I'm so mad right now, it's a miracle I'm not in sitting in St. Mary's finest tonight with three hots and a cot.

So for all you pit bull lovers out there, make no mistake, there WILL be one less pit bull in Callaway. That is all.

duchess1

That's right. You heard me. For the second time, my big dog has been attacked in MY yard by the same vicious pit bull. The first time nearly killed her, and this time she has no less than 6-8 puncture wounds that require a vets attention again.

This is not the even the second time this pit has attacked. It previously killed two cats in the neighborhood, and my dog and I barely escaped another attack. I managed to get inside and shut the door just as the dogs head slammed into my door, again on MY property.

What pizzes me off is animal control has yet to kill this dog! I'm fuming mad, and that's an understatement.

The owner refused to pay the nearly 1,000 vet bill last time, but this time she won't be so lucky. I'll be headed to Leonardtown tomorrow to file my lawsuit if she doesn't whip out her check book or credit card TOMORROW for the bills.

I'm so mad right now, it's a miracle I'm not in sitting in St. Mary's finest tonight with three hots and a cot.

So for all you pit bull lovers out there, make no mistake, there WILL be one less pit bull in Callaway. That is all.

When it comes in your yard, shoot and kill it. Then tell the owner to come get the dog. I love animals but it will only get worse!

J

jaybeeztoo

You should call the Cops. There is a leash law in Maryland. If this dog is causing that much havoc, it must be stopped!!! I don't care the breed, just the danger.

SoMDGirl42

When it comes in your yard, shoot and kill it. Then tell the owner to come get the dog. I love animals but it will only get worse!

Only one problem with that, I don't own a gun YET! I will be looking into that tomorrow as well. I haven't decided who or what to use as target practice yet. That remains to be seen.

SoMDGirl42

You should call the Cops. There is a leash law in Maryland. If this dog is causing that much havoc, it must be stopped!!! I don't care the breed, just the danger.

Cops and animal control were called. Last time it happened she was ordered to keep the animal locked in a dog pound inside of a privacy fence with a pad lock on the dog pound. Apparently she didn't get the message.

I'm thankful it wasn't the half pint attacked, I would be needing your services :whistle:

BTW, I'm thankful to all my neighbors who came to the rescue and took the time to write the incident reports for Animal Control. :huggy:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

It's a good start! I'm glad to hear at least you escaped injury. Hope your poor baby is well soon.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Sue the crap out of them then buy a new Corvette and drive it back and forth in front of their house..

Vet bills, past and present
Lost wages
Mental anguish
Pain and suffering
Punative damages

frbdnrose

If you don't mind me asking, where in Callaway? I have children and a grand-daughter in Callaway. Not always as social with my neighbors as I would like to be, so I don't always get the updates when somethings happens around here......

dachsom

I don't know what is wrong with people letting their dogs run loose and refusing to pony up for damages caused by their dog. My neighbor's dog bit me a few weeks ago, the wound got infected, spent a week in the hospital and the owners refused to pay the medical bills (no insurance here). That is all I was asking for at the time. I see an attorney tomorrow and now I am going for the bills and whatever else I can get. Animal Control has been called at least 10 times by me for their dog (pit mix) running loose. They just ignore AC and let the dog run. All AC does is come out and tell them to control their dog. This is also in Callaway. We also have a really bad pit bull in our neighborhood but this one tends to stay at the other end of the road.

Kiwi

I have a gun and would love some ( one shot only) target practice......

I am so sorry for what you have suffered. Go and file a lawsuit, take a lot of photos and dont give up....
:huggy:

Only good pit is a dead pit.:dead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Glad you're alright and sorry about your dog.

Get 'em for all you can. Money, jail time, the death penalty - I have no problem with vicious dog owners suffering the worst punishment for not container their beast.

W

Wenchy

Glad you're alright and sorry about your dog.

Get 'em for all you can. Money, jail time, the death penalty - I have no problem with vicious dog owners suffering the worst punishment for not container their beast.

Ziploc, Glad or Rubbermaid? (I couldn't resist, sorry...:lol:)

SoMDGirl: Thank goodness your dog is okay. Vicious dogs need to be put down, regardless of breed.

SoMDGirl42

for those faint at heart, I will post pics later. If you don't want to see it, don't click the link. I don't want to hear any complaining later, you've been warned.

So far this morning she has had explosive diarrhea and refuses to eat. I'm afraid this may be worse than originally thought. Two hours to wait for the vet to open this am :tap: Seems like an eternity waiting.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
for those faint at heart, I will post pics later. If you don't want to see it, don't click the link. I don't want to hear any complaining later, you've been warned.

So far this morning she has had explosive diarrhea and refuses to eat. I'm afraid this may be worse than originally thought. Two hours to wait for the vet to open this am :tap: Seems like an eternity waiting.

Hope your dog is OK...Like everyone said..Go after the owners and try to get rid of that beast of a dog....

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

emergency vet?

Papi4baby

:yeahthat: Then you'll be charged for discharging a firearm within a neighborhood.

If it's in her property, and defending her dog or herself she will be ok, specially from a dog. But i would most likely do the same, SSS Shoot Showel and Shhhhh. I heard what happen. Glad your dog made it out, i know my Chihuahua would have probably died if it was in that same situation(trust me i would have killed the dog if that happen and i was present).

Since MD is retarded with carry permits, i sugest a pocket knife. If you do get a gun, dont go walk the dog outside your recidence with it.

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

T so sorry to hear about that.

This same exact scenario happened to my aunt and uncle. The first time they let the people pay out of pocket because apparently they were dropped from their previous carrier because of the pitbull (my Aunt and Uncle did call the police and animal control) and the 2nd time they went through the neighbors h/o's policy. And the dog was put to sleep by orders of animal control.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
That's right. You heard me. For the second time, my big dog has been attacked in MY yard by the same vicious pit bull.

Is your yard fenced or do you (did you) have your dog tied up?

My big boy was attacked last year by my neighbor's two dogs - both Mastiff/Lab mixes. One dog had broken through my fence and the other followed. It was pretty horrifying, but luckily the injuries were not too bad.

Good luck with your doggy - and with animal control/cops. :yay: