CRE fee increase

ODAT

Did I miss the vote or did they just raise the dues without one? How much did the new payment voucher cost us?

O

ohsnoes

Did I miss the vote or did they just raise the dues without one? How much did the new payment voucher cost us?

About as much as the ugly new beach ornaments on Driftwood beach. Call the admin office and complain, send an e-mail or go give them a visit. Some people may even show up for the member meeting in July when we vote for ballot issues. For more information go to www.poacre.org and read the Round Up Times online. Who knows if they are actually going to send it to your mailbox.

hotcoffee

The M&O Fee is the same as last year.... $213.00... that's what they want us to vote to increase.... it would take a by-law change to increase it.

The Road fee went from $165.60 to $169.67 the "CPI Increase" of $4.07 is allowed by the covenants.

I am a little concerned tho.... Why was the CPI increase so large for CRE when we are in a deep recession?

I was expecting an increase but I figured it would be much lower than the 2.4% they voted on....

Stats... CPI

O

ohsnoes

Waste of time.
CRE is a terrible place to live.

MOVE.

YW.

If this person wanted to move then they would have. You think CRE is terrible and you're entitled to your opinion. Some of us like it here. I would like anyone in the CRE community who can't or doesn't want to move to get involved and take action.

I get it. You hate the Ranch Club.

exnodak

treasure hunt: $200.00 reward!!!!!

OK, I've tried every other way so I need to go outside the box.

I will give $50.00 the first person that can find ANY document, deed, or legal grant of power that gives POACRE the right to enforce the covenants.

RULES:

The covenants themselves don't count.

It must be a document that gives POACRE the right to BE the declarant. It has to be a legal document properly signed and recorded.

You can look anywhere you want. You can call the Admin office (410-326-3182) and ask for whatever documents give them the power. If you can get such a document you win.

You can't use a local court opinion to make the case. It needs to be a bona fide document specifically assigning POACRE the right to be the declarant of covenants.

You might try the courthouse land records and look for the deed for the POACRE properties. It will tell you that a corporation named Property Owner's Association of Chesapeake Ranch Estates bought some real estate, and it even itemizes that real estate, but I have yet to see where it mentions the right to be declarant of covenants.

The courthouse search will also yield a document that says that POACRE is assigned the right to collect road fees. Its titled ROAD FEE AGREEMENT, but it says nothing about being the declarant of community covenants.

Try the comptroller's office.

Try the State Archives.

Try a legal search engine.

So, the hunt is on. If I'm wrong about any of the documents I've listed above, I'll add $25.00 to the reward.

Hell, I'll make it $200.00 for the whole reward if someone can prove to me that POACRE has declarant powers over the covenants by some authority that it just didn't give itself by itself by some magical creation.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

I will give $50.00 the first person that can find ANY document, deed, or legal grant of power that gives POACRE the right to enforce the covenants.

RULES:

It must be a document that gives POACRE the right to BE the declarant. It has to be a legal document properly signed and recorded.

You can look anywhere you want. You can call the Admin office (410-326-3182) and ask for whatever documents give them the power. If you can get such a document you win.

You can't use a local court opinion to make the case. It needs to be a bona fide document specifically assigning POACRE the right to be the declarant of covenants.

You might try the courthouse land records and look for the deed for the POACRE properties. It will tell you that a corporation named Property Owner's Association of Chesapeake Ranch Estates bought some real estate, and it even itemizes that real estate, but I have yet to see where it mentions the right to be declarant of covenants.

The courthouse search will also yield a document that says that POACRE is assigned the right to collect road fees. Its titled ROAD FEE AGREEMENT, but it says nothing about being the declarant of community covenants.

Try the State Archives.

So, the hunt is on. If I'm wrong about any of the documents I've listed above, I'll add $25.00 to the reward.

Hell, I'll make it $200.00 for the whole reward if someone can prove to me that POACRE has declarant powers over the covenants by some authority that it just didn't give itself by itself by some magical creation.

I fought it years ago.
I lost.
They know the Judge.

I sold and moved.
Best thing I ever Did....

hotcoffee

There will be plenty of members who would want to opt in and share ownership of the common property... and they could buy out the rest of us .....

We don't need to keep up water and sewer... we have the water company and private sewage....

We need a road system... but let's face it... that's pretty much it.... and the way we are doing things now... is just not fair to all....

It's time for a change.....

We don't need security... those who take over the amenities could pay for the security of them....

I'm tired of supporting someone else's good life....

I don't agree with a court battle... I don't agree with undoing the association all together... I think it's time to allow those who have amenities to take care of their own and leave those who don't alone....

I need four people to run for a spot on the board with me... so we can restructure CRE and the covenants.... it will take a lot of work.... but a majority of 5 can do this.... we need to go house to house to get the covenant vote too...

Anyone else in? pm me if you want to discuss it further...

vince77

whats a few bucks more between friends...jersey barriers aren't cheap, but they bring a certain ambiance to a beach...maybe MS-13 can paint a pretty beach scene on them....life is good...

OmyGawd

The M&O Fee is the same as last year.... $213.00... that's what they want us to vote to increase.... it would take a by-law change to increase it.

The Road fee went from $165.60 to $169.67 the "CPI Increase" of $4.07 is allowed by the covenants.

I am a little concerned tho.... Why was the CPI increase so large for CRE when we are in a deep recession?

I was expecting an increase but I figured it would be much lower than the 2.4% they voted on....

Stats... CPI

I believe that the CPI increase is based on a certain time of the year, which for the roads fees is in March. It is automatic not voted on by the board. I believe you'll find that is the established way of doing it. if that is not case then please set me straight.

Where's all your proof

RULES:

Try the State Archives.

I've been following the CRE/POACRE debacle for the past few months and kept wondering when you were going to stick your foot in your mouth. Well, you finally did it! You succeed in letting everyone know that you have all the proof you need to take CRE into court. You've spouted your ill-conceived notion of law, yet now you come on here and tell everyone that in fact you have no proof of anything but will pay someone else to find some proof? You are a real work of art.

hotcoffee

I believe that the CPI increase is based on a certain time of the year, which for the roads fees is in March. It is automatic not voted on by the board. I believe you'll find that is the established way of doing it. if that is not case then please set me straight.

The CPI is calculated in March then the numbers are brought to the Board for a vote... the Board has the final decision on the increase of road fees up or down.

I'm just not sure what the CPI was for March.... 2.4% seems a little inflated.... but then again... I haven't been watching the CPI... and I would have voted it down this year... based on the number of homes for sale and under threat of foreclosure...

exnodak

I've been following the CRE/POACRE debacle for the past few months and kept wondering when you were going to stick your foot in your mouth. Well, you finally did it! You succeed in letting everyone know that you have all the proof you need to take CRE into court. You've spouted your ill-conceived notion of law, yet now you come on here and tell everyone that in fact you have no proof of anything but will pay someone else to find some proof? You are a real work of art.

look at the number of views. Much more than I got with the proof itself.

Besides, those that have gulped the kool-aid of the POACRE mantra will now be teased into actually looking at the facts before they go around bragging about how they have the power. They will also start to realize that they can be individually sued for trespass and harrassment because they have been aware of the truth and still prosecute. I sat through 3 trials in one day last week where the court ordered the property owner to sign a consent document which is secret. Not once did the judge allow or question POACRE about their right to prosecute.

I could put any sum I want in the reward and never have to worry about paying it out.

I don't want to go to court. Its easier and cheaper to get as many people I can to see that POACRE does not have the right to trespass on our private property or use the court to confiscate our money, or use the court to take our homes away from us. All of POACRE's alleged wins are sealed under Court confidentiality and were prosecuted against people that could not afford to defend themselves. The oldest and the poorest among us.

Standing for what's right and just.

Last edited:

hotcoffee

Exnodak.... with all due respect...

Every time you start spouting off about the legal issues you and only you have uncovered... [well maybe you and someone who is currently in litigation]... you turn people off....

When we call attention to your rhetoric... you blow up like a blowfish and spout insults.... only you can be right.... only you can know all and see all...then we are accused of fighting each other....

Put your accusations in one thread please... those who want to discuss it will go to the thread... those who don't will not....

Reward and fees are catch words... sure you get hits...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Exnodak.... with all due respect...

Every time you start spouting off about the legal issues you and only you have uncovered... [well maybe you and someone who is currently in litigation]... you turn people off....

When we call attention to your rhetoric... you blow up like a blowfish and spout insults.... only you can be right.... only you can know all and see all...then we are accused of fighting each other....

Put your accusations in one thread please... those who want to discuss it will go to the thread... those who don't will not....

Reward and fees are catch words... sure you get hits...
Instead they should listen to you? Aren't you the woman who got elected to fix the problem? No, you're the one who, once elected, quit to go to work for the very people you were going to fix.