Born Again Cult

Starman3000m

A person is born again through the spiritual regeneration of the Holy Spirit of God into their lives. This is what Jesus spoke of when He said "Ye Must Be Born Again" (John 3:3-7) also ref. (1 Peter 1:23)

There are many verses in the Bible that suggest that the "born again" process is what changes the heart of a person and brings the true understanding of a one-on-one relationship between the believer and God through faith in the New Testament Jesus Christ. Some:
(Matthew 3:11) (Romans 8:11) (1 Corinthians 3:16) (1 Corinthians 12:13)
(John 14:26) (John 15:26) (John 16:7) (1 John 2:27) (Ephesians 5:18)

Your attempt to refute Jesus' statement that a person must literally be born again of the Spirit or that "born again" is nothing more than a cult is treading on dangerous waters, Highlander, since you are denying the spiritual empowerment that is given by the Holy Spirit of God. Such denial is construed as "blasphemy" against the Holy Spirit. Ref:
(Mark 3:28-29) (Luke 12:10)

If we are wrong, you should care less, but if being born again of The Holy Spirit is true, as Jesus declared, then I would pray that you reconsider your position in this matter. Please take it to God in sincere prayer.

Last edited:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
A person is born again through the spiritual generation of the Holy Spirit of God into their lives. This is what Jesus spoke of when He said "Ye Must Be Born Again" (John 3:3-7) also ref. (1 Peter 1:23)

There are many verses in the Bible that suggest that the "born again" process is what changes the heart of a person and brings the true understanding of a one-on-one relationship between the believer and God through faith in the New Testament Jesus Christ.

Your attempt to refute Jesus' statement that a person must literally be born again of the Spirit or that "born again" is nothing more than a cult is treading on dangerous waters, Highlander, since you are denying the spiritual empowerment that is given by the Holy Spirit of God. Such denial is construed as "blasphemy" against the Holy Spirit. Ref:
(Mark 3:28-29) (Luke 12:10)

If we are wrong, you should care less, but if being born again of The Holy Spirit is true, as Jesus declared, then I would pray that you reconsider your position in this matter. Please take it to God in sincere prayer.

OK Starman :crazy:

Starman3000m

I'm not the one you should address on this issue. There is Only One Truth and the issue is with God regarding whether the "born again" process is True or a cult as you mock through this post. You have actually taken issue with Jesus of the New Testament not with me. I leave it to your discretion what to believe but you cannot ever say that you were never presented with what Jesus (not those who are born again) has to say in this matter. I pray that you reconsider your position on this and prayerfully take it to God. He is Loving, Understanding and Forgiving.

Last edited:

libby

I'm not the one you should address on this issue. There is Only One Truth and the issue is with God regarding whether the "born again" process is True or a cult as you mock through this post. You have actually taken issue with Jesus of the New Testament not with me. I leave it to your discretion what to believe but you cannot ever say that you were never presented with what Jesus (not those who are born again) has to say in this matter. I pray that you reconsider your position on this and prayerfully take it to God. He is Loving, Understanding and Forgiving.

You're caught in a web of your own making. You challenge every other belief as a cult, you've run from every methodical discussion of the issues, and when you run out of prattle you say, "take it up with God".

Starman3000m

You're caught in a web of your own making. You challenge every other belief as a cult, you've run from every methodical discussion of the issues, and when you run out of prattle you say, "take it up with God".

Who else should one take this up with?

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

There is Only One Truth!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Who else should one take this up with?

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

There is Only One Truth!

You must have been an easy mark. Luckily the Davidians didn't get you you first.

Starman3000m

You must have been an easy mark. Luckily the Davidians didn't get you you first.

:killingme

Oh they tried but they refused to use the True Word of God as the Only Weapon of Truth and insisted that assault rifles, polygamy and living in a fortified compound was more their style.

sk8enscars

What exactly is the point of this post? To find out more about something you're confused about? To discuss something you believe in? To bash other people's beliefs? Either way... your sources are laughable. Yahoo answers, Google answers, 2 forums much like this one, a "Dear Abby" column and a nut job author of New Age books. If you really want to create a stir just do an abortion poll. duh.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

You're funny.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So are you saying that it is wrong to be born again?

Baptism, in any church, is "Being Born Again".

Being placed below the surface of the water represents death and the dying of your current self and spirit, and surfacing from the water represents your resurrection (or being born again) in the Spirit of Christ.

Some friggin genius just took the meaning and made it into a cult.. it's actually easy to do if you can find enough weakminded individiuals to follow your lead. There's evidence of this from Coast to Coast throughout our country.. The Davidians.. The Scientologists.. The Hari Krishnas.. The Purple Sheeters.. Jim Jones.. the list is endless.. Born Agains are just an addendum to the list.

Starman3000m

Being placed below the surface of the water represents death and the dying of your current self and spirit, and surfacing from the water represents your resurrection (or being born again) in the Spirit of Christ.

Some friggin genius just took the meaning and made it into a cult.. it's actually easy to do if you can find enough weakminded individiuals to follow your lead. There's evidence of this from Coast to Coast throughout our country.. The Davidians.. The Scientologists.. The Hari Krishnas.. The Purple Sheeters.. Jim Jones.. the list is endless.. Born Agains are just an addendum to the list.

Wrong! Although some may view this as you do, "born again" in the manner described by Jesus is not being baptized in water. Sure it is the representation of being dead, buried and rising again in faith - but whose faith? Any church can "baptize" into their doctrinal faith and yet not agree with the teachings of Jesus. Additionally, water baptism is only a symbolic gesture that anyone can do whether they are believing in the process or not.
Since anybody can do it, that is only a symbolic practice that bears no authority for guaranteeing Salvation at all.

However, being "Born Again" in the manner that Jesus referred to is literally receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit of God into your life. This is the beginning of a new way of life that grows daily under God's Divine guidance. It is through this process and this process alone that one becomes a "Child of God." A born again Child of God no longer belongs to the ideological control of this world's systems, religious or secular, that are taught by men and not by the Spirit of God.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Look, you either believe this or you don't. Because you don't doesn't warrant degrading others that do. Your thinking is not superior in any way. I think a respectful rebuttle to Star's point would serve you better than just calling him a kook.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wrong! Although some may view this as you do, "born again" in the manner described by Jesus is not being baptized in water. Sure it is the representation of being dead, buried and rising again in faith - but whose faith? Any church can "baptize" into their doctrinal faith and yet not agree with the teachings of Jesus. Additionally, water baptism is only a symbolic gesture that anyone can do whether they are believing in the process or not.
Since anybody can do it, that is only a symbolic practice that bears no authority for guaranteeing Salvation at all.

However, being "Born Again" in the manner that Jesus referred to is literally receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit of God into your life. This is the beginning of a new way of life that grows daily under God's Divine guidance. It is through this process and this process alone that one becomes a "Child of God." A born again Child of God no longer belongs to the control of this world's systems, religious or secular, that are taught by men and not by the Spirit of God.

That is your churches or your interpretation of the bible..

It's no more correct than anyone else's...

Though it's considerably wronger..

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
First off, show me where that is written in the Bible that you don't believe in.
And, if water can cleanse us from sin, Jesus died on a cross for what purpose Bob?
Ummm...THat would be no! So, would you say it's wrong to be a Catholic?
I have to disagree with you here. Your posting of this says you do...
My position: I fail to see how any truly born again person can stay in the Catholic church. I believe that @ 40% of their doctrine is right on but the other 60% is deadly wrong and dangerous. This is what I go after in my posts. If they were just a bit off doctrinally and it was on secondary issues, I wouldn't even bother but I know too many people who are professing Catholics who are no more saved than the man in the moon. Claiming every day to be Catholic but then speaking or acting against the Bible and it's teachings. I know, I was one of them!

libby

I know, I was one of them!

Does it ever occur to you that it is YOU who has/had the problem? If you had the relationship with Jesus Christ that you should have, you would have been in awe of the Eucharist. That Jesus continues to abide in us, so that we might abide in Him.
That Jesus, knowing our human weaknesses and our need to see,hear, taste and touch to believe, gave us Sacraments to aid in our belief.
Do many, in fact most, people go through the motions of the Sacraments, without loving and serving Jesus Christ? Yep! And let me be the first one to say that the leaders within the Catholic Church are not doing what they should be doing in many, many ways. That, however, does not change my wholehearted belief in the doctrines handed down since the Apostolic age.
If you can separate Judas' errors from the Truths Jesus taught, then you should be able understand how I can separate doctrines from the priests and bishops who have failed.