fishes for sale....

I have some freshwater fish for sale if anyone wants em. Id rather try here first insted of the classifieds. I have 2 large Orange Parrotfish $8 each, 2 large Bosmemi Rainbows $5 each, 1 small blue rainbow (forgot the real name)$3, A mated pair of Sunset Dwarf Gouramis $3 each, 1 med. Orange Discus $13 and a small Brazilian Catfish $2. Prefer them to go in pairs (ie. Rainbows together, Parrots together, ect) These are great, healthy fish, never had any sort of health problems. Could make a deal if someone wants em all. Respond to this post rather than PM please as I am bad at checking the PM. Later -Mike

You may want to give an estimate on how large an aquarium would be needed for these fish. Don't want someone w/ a 10G. buying them all.

Good idea, but I would have found out where they were going before I let someone take them. I have been raising them for around a year. I would say for all the fish to go together (aside from the discus) at least a 55gallon tank. But plan on getting a bigger one very soon. I would say the discus should go in a species only tank, I had him in a 30 gallon planted tank but it cracked, so he went in with the community fishes and did very good. At first he was pretty shy with the parrots seeing as they have very outgoing personalities and are quite the characters. But the discus would do well in a tank with rainbows in it too. Just respond and I will try and awnser any and all questions anyone has.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Do you roll them in flour or corn meal when you cook them? I might try broiling, I heard it's healthier.:dance:

slackwater514

I'm interested in your gouramis...we have a 29gal that currently only has 3 danios in it. So we're not overfished. And I don't know anything about the other fish you listed - would any of them live okay in a 29gal - as in, not outgrow the tank? I know the gouramis won't...please let me know!

The Gouramis would be good, along with the Brazilian cat and the small Rainbow. $10 for them. Or if you wanted to get rid of the danios, you could also add the Bosmemi Rainbows too.

slackwater514

Why won't the larger rainbows get along with the danios? I'm partial to my danios, don't know why, but is it a size thing (with regards to the larger rainbows)? Do danios make good food for larger rainbows?

slackwater514

I checked out the description of the boesemani rainbows on the site you gave, and it said that they get along with danios...:confused:
What do you think?

Actually rainbows are a VERY docile fish so they will get along fine, I was just thinking in terms of gallons per fish requirements for your setup, but I think as long as you do 20% water changes every 2 weeks and keep the filters changed regularly it would probaly be ok. But I would also think of getting a larger aquarium sometime soon (next 6 months) a 55gal would be good and you can get a full setup from Walmart (minus gravel and decorations) for around $140.

slackwater514

That's a good idea (upgrading to a 55gal). How large do rainbows get? I think I'd like to get your three rainbows, the cat and the gouramis - or would this be too much? Lemme know, and then how I go about getting them from you.

Rainbows should get no more than 3 1/2-4 inches max. Ill give them to you for $20 and will bring them to you in pet store type bags PM or email me with you phone # and I will give you a call this afternoon to discus the matter further. I work until 4pm. Email is johnston6400@hotmail.com Thanks