Recommend A Fence Company

2ballscrewball

Can someone recommend a fence company for me.
I will call Clinton fence and Long fence.

Does anyone know of any others or some who does it on the side or have anything good or bad to say about these two?

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Does anyone know of any others or some who does it on the side or have anything good or bad to say about these two?

Fencing is expensive as is, we're digging the post holes and putting up ourselves. if you have that kind of time and labor ability I say go for it. Good luck.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Try Massey or Thomas fence also. You'll probably get your better price from Thomas, but do try both they are local to St. Mary's County.

2ballscrewball

I am pressed for time, I have to get my fence for my pool up to code before July. I am at a point in my life where I would rather pay to have someone do it then do it myself.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Thomas Fence.
Local.
Best price around.
He has put in 3 for me at different houses.

steeler_chick

Does anyone know of any others or some who does it on they side or have anything good or bad to say about these two?

Sonny Massey did my fence - and did a super job... He was a pleasure to work with and i would have him do another in a heartbeat... I do however agree with the other post about keeping it local... I have heard a bunch of horror stories about guys from "up the road" good luck!

cgwife

Sonny Massey did my fence - and did a super job... He was a pleasure to work with and i would have him do another in a heartbeat... I do however agree with the other post about keeping it local... I have heard a bunch of horror stories about guys from "up the road" good luck!

I agree, Sonny Massey did my fence as well and was BY FAR the best price out of 5 different quotes. He stopped by many times while the guys were putting up my fence just to make sure I was satisfied. I can honestly say that I was COMPLETLY satisfied with the work the guys did and did not have any complaints. We have had our fence for a year now and it still looks brand new. Our neighbors got their fence 2 months after us and it is warping and fading. Sonny has stopped by a couple times in the last year just to check the caps on the top of the fence, check for warping, etc. He is a wonderful guy to work with and I highly recommend him!!!!!!

GardeningGal

We used Massey Fence as well. I LOVE my fence...sonny was great to work with as well as his crew. I got alot of estimates...and ended up going with Sonny... I have no regrets...I would certainly use him ago ..should I need another fence...and would recommend him to anyone. They did have a no interest no payments for a year when we got our fence..about 6 mo. ago. not sure if they are still doing that.

beakon20

If you can do it yourself, you can save. I got a quote from both Clinton and Long Fence for only 1/3 acre lot and the quotes were over 10k. This was not for any special vinyl fencing either, just a wood fence. Rented the equipment and did the entire fence on our own, cost about $1500 total. I don't know why the prices are so inflated around here.

We had Long Fence quote for a deck (2nd story) and they quoted 17k. Cost us $2500 for same size and took a few weekends. Three years later and deck is still looks like new.

C

CalvertNewbie

Fencing is expensive as is, we're digging the post holes and putting up ourselves. if you have that kind of time and labor ability I say go for it. Good luck.

Hey morningbell, we did the same thing here. If your ground is as hard as ours is, you should consider renting a two man auger. It made life a lot easier, the holes were done in no time. And it was a great workout! :lol:

But if you're helping you better be really careful or even better, wait until after the baby is here!

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I don't have a fence but if I needed one built I would probably have the amish build it for me.

J

jp2854

we used massey fence too and sonny was very nice. we used him in 2 places at our home and at my stepfathers store. He would say we put up a dog pound which isn't true we put up something to make it more secure for the boats and campers and yes the dog does go back there but now that I heard there is a snake back there i plan to keep the dog out so she doesn't get bit by it as I have no clue what kind is even back there.

tagryn

Massey Fence replaced our back fence last year after it buckled in one of the windstorms, we were very happy with their work and the price. I'm finally getting around to staining the thing this summer. We also liked McGee fencing, it was a very close call between them and Massey for us.

OldHillcrestGuy

Had Massey replace the front section of my chain-link on both sides of the house with vinyl two summers ago did great job. McGee another good fence company to look at.

Long Fence is unbelievably high with what ever they do.

Goldenluver

We had Clinton Fence do our fence three years ago, and were extremely pleased with them. I know we also got quotes from Long Fence and Massey, but I can't remember now how close they were.