#^&`%@* Long vent!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
*Note to self #1* You can scream bloody murder @7am in my neighborhood and no one will hear ya!

The @$$ho!e neighbors' dogs up the road almost had us for breakfast. I was walking my dog an hour late this morning which is usually problematic in itself because all the freaks that drive by (after 7) are late for work, and they speed by at 50mph in a 25mph zone.

Unfortunately as my usual bad luck would have it, there was a silent stillness as my dog sensed danger. I had no clue what was up until those darn boxers charged us at top speed...and the gate was wide OPEN!

Before I could think of a real plan I yelled, "Stop, go home!" Well that put the brakes on number 2 --but the first one was fast approaching. By then I was across the road but he kept on coming. Still giving commands at the ferocious, growling, drooling, fang-bearing, blood-thirsty hound he stopped within 2 feet of me and my dog.

Now we had a stand-off! It was two against one --or so I thought when I realized that I hadn't heard a peep out of my dog the whole time. Still holding my leash I noticed Bear was up against my legs waiting for Momma to do something.

This is where I started screaming at the top of my lungs for these idiots to come outside and control their mutts. After a few minutes of yelling my fool head off, the dog finally started to back away slightly, and we were able to continue on.

Just by chance as I got to my garden, there was a deputy rolling by. I gave her the heads up and she said she'd go by. (I had to return home that way.) Within minutes I heard the chirp of her sirens. I chuckled to myself when I realized --she wasn't getting out of the car! Not that I blame her. She blasted the sirens again.

When she returned to the garden she told me that the @$$ho!e neighbor was really "put out" by being woken up. What a jerk! These buttheads had other boxers years ago and they attacked and bit my doberman while my son was walking him.

*Note to self #2* When running late --remember to pack the pepper spray and the stun master because I will drop that dog until the batteries wear out! :burning:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by BchBns

Note to self: Pray tonight for a severe case of elephantitis of the genitalia to dog owner who caused Sharon stress this morning!
I'll keep that in mind :lol: -Thanks!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Sharon, Pepper spray is actually a very good idea. When I lived in Alexandria I had two Pit Bulls. I lived in the ghetto and many other people had Pits also. Pits are "dog aggressive" by nature. Though mine were well behaved and friendly because they had been properly trained and socialized I knew better then to assume everyone else's were too. I always carried pepper spray with me. Fortunately I never had to use it; but had a mean ol' ghetto dog come after my dogs and I, I would have sprayed the crud out of it before it could come close. I would have felt bad because most aggressive dogs are mean as the result of an irresponsible owner. On the other hand these were my babies and I know that they would protect me if they had to.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sharon, do these dogs frequently get out of their yard? If so start calling animal control and hopefully after they get picked up a few times at elevated expense the owner will start taking better care to keep them contained.

And the mace and stun-gun method is a good backup plan.
Good luck.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
I always carried pepper spray with me.
Normally I carry the stun gun. I'm always afraid the pepper spray will fly back on my dog. There are some towelettes you can buy to neuturalize the spray. I'm gonna get some. If I hadn't been in such a hurry to get out the door this morning I would've been better prepared.

Sharon, do these dogs frequently get out of their yard?
Normally they are behind a double fence, they have a kennel up next to the house and a fence around the yard too. These are not the same dogs that bit my other dog...these are semi-new ones. I have no idea what happened to the old ones from years ago.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jetmonkey
When I am King of the World, if you are forced to mace somebody's dogs, you get to mace the owner also.
:lmao: Yes!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by jetmonkey
When I am King of the World, if you are forced to mace somebody's dogs, you get to mace the owner also. And the dogs get a better home while the owner sleeps outside in the kennel.

:clap: hehehehe! I will go for that!

But on the actual note, there is no reason for that. They should have full responsiblity for their dogs, which means not leaving the gat open as we all well know. I hate it when irresponsible people have pets. It should be illegal. Just like the people who abuse their pets.
Your poor dog. I hope bear is feeling much better now that he is home.

On a better note...what kind of dog do you have? You are right, DOGS RULE!! :D

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Dogs Rule! (except those nasty mutts up the road)

Originally posted by watercolor23
...what kind of dog do you have? You are right, DOGS RULE!! :D
Bear --is just the sweetest little German Shepherd Dog. Sometimes when we walk, we encounter other neighborhood dog walkers and we chat while the dogs do the sniffing/play thing. He's never met a dog he hasn't gotten along with. He's also very protective of me with strangers, but this morning the dogs surprised him. I could almost read the expression on his face.

He's recovering nicely, napping on his favorite sofa, hehe. :smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
awww yay! I love german sheppards. my dog, lives at my parents house, cause I could not bring her with me. (but she likes it there, and she loves them) But I have a black lab! :)
Glad to hear he is alright. :) Gotta love the sofa!
My dog is like that with me too. If someone is play fighting with me or something. She will come up and bark and bark until they are stopping, and if she gets aggrivated, she will let them know to really stop. Not hurt them but you know.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Sharon - I feel for you. Been there myself a time or two. One day I opened my door walking out with my pup and there is a drooling mad crazy rotweiler on my doorstep ready to eat me and my dawg both (I have never slammed the door so quick in my life). Call animal control and file a report and do it each time those dogs are loose- and always carry the pepper spray - it usually shoots out in a direct stream at what you are aiming at instead of back at you (practice with it too)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, Jet - I am King of the World and I say conceal and carry for the masses. That way Sharon can blow the dogs' rotten little heads off if they menace her again. Along with any muggers who might want a piece of the action.