Hey Appyday...................................

TWLs wife

I needed to let you know to help me warn everyone. Don't Call Animal control. Now they don't give you chose to save your animal. They killed sandy. TWL said they made him sign a paper to take Sandy. Then they put her to sleep without telling us.:bawl:
We tryed to save her Not Kill her. Animal control KILLED Her.:bawl:
She was still a baby.:bawl:
I can't stop crying about it.:bawl:
At least Smokey ran off, We were able to save him.:biggrin:
But Bearly, He's home to stay now.:biggrin:
But Poor SANDY.:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Why did animal control put her to sleep, Tigger? Were you hoping someone would adopt her from them and no one did in time, or did they take her because she bit someone? I'm confused.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
On owner-giveups, I'm pretty sure Animal Control will only hold the dog for a certain number days before euthanizing if if they can't find a home for the dog. The paper that TWL signed probably explained that.

How sad for you guys. I'm sorry. :bawl:

TWLs wife

Originally posted by PFgal
Why did animal control put her to sleep, Tigger? Were you hoping someone would adopt her from them and no one did in time, or did they take her because she bit someone? I'm confused.

We did want her put to sleep. aminal control forced twl to do.:bawl:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
We did want her put to sleep. aminal control forced twl to do.:bawl:

How did they do that? I'm confused. They can't do that unless they have a reason, like reported bites.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by cattitude
How did they do that? I'm confused. They can't do that unless they have a reason, like reported bites.

they said they wouldn't take you until he signed this paper. they said to him sandy was going to be ok. then around 7pm, we get a call saying sandy was put down. the man know twl did how much time at home. so the treat him into it. we've given an aminal to this place before, we didn't know what to do.:frown: :bawl:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
they said they wouldn't take you until he signed this paper. they said to him sandy was going to be ok. then around 7pm, we get a call saying sandy was put down. the man know twl did how much time at home. so the treat him into it. we've given an aminal to this place before, we didn't know what to do.:frown: :bawl:
this makes no sense at all. Tigger you need to redo it and pay attention. If you read it and cannot understadn it, we certainly cannot.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by Pete
this makes no sense at all. Tigger you need to redo it and pay attention. If you read it and cannot understadn it, we certainly cannot.

Sorry pete it much be the pain pills.:crazy:

TWLs wife

Originally posted by appyday
treat him (trick him)? Tigg they do not call to say...hey we put your dog down...was this the chow or the husky akita? If she (Chow) got up there and was aggressive or cage brave I bet she would not have been adoptable and was put down...

Tig..rest in that she will not suffer anymore (not that you were making her suffer) but she will never suffer..she was humainly and kindly put down..she got a shot and fell asleep and she did not know what got to her....sorry Tig

I knew you would understand what I wrote. It's just sad, about sandy. we didn't want her to die.:frown:

TWLs wife

Originally posted by appyday
That would have to be the flag I would throw in too...

Tigg............tell TWL to tell us about it.........please...thanks

we got a call after saying they put her to sleep. we cryed for about an hour about it.:frown:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'm guessing here:

They turned the dog over to animal control. When they did that, they signed a "contract" and the dog then became the property of animal control. If animal control determined the dog was not adoptable, they were well within their rights to euthanize the dog. They do explain that to you and they generally don't call to tell you what they did with the dog. You can call and find out.

You should never take your dog to animal control (the pound) unless you are willing to have your dog (or cat..whatever) put down.