Point Lookout

emma1606

Hi,

Anyone know what Point Lookout is like during the week? I want to take a day off work to spend with my grandmother who is visiting and thought it would be nice for her to go with my 2yr old son and I to the "beach". Any other "beach" ideas that are close by would be welcomed too.

Thanks!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Hi,

Anyone know what Point Lookout is like during the week? I want to take a day off work to spend with my grandmother who is visiting and thought it would be nice for her to go with my 2yr old son and I to the "beach". Any other "beach" ideas that are close by would be welcomed too.

Thanks!

Point Lookout is not very crowded during the week. You not only have the beach but some historical places of interest, a beautiful fishing pier to walk out on and a museum and of course Point Lookout Lighthouse,but that would not be open on a weekday but you can see it from the end of the road.
It is $5.00 per person for Maryland residents

emma1606

Thanks! Think I might chance Point Lookout, just saw Breezy Point Park in Calvert, anyone know anything about that?

I usually head over to Flag Ponds in Calvert. Costs a few bucks to get in (I think it's $6 for non-residents) but it's an easy walk to the beach, fishing pier, historical landmarks.

HomePage

cuddles

Point Lookout is not very crowded during the week. You not only have the beach but some historical places of interest, a beautiful fishing pier to walk out on and a museum and of course Point Lookout Lighthouse,but that would not be open on a weekday but you can see it from the end of the road.
It is $5.00 per person for Maryland residents

Point Lookout during the week goes off of donation's only. The 5.00 is for the weekends, and if you are military you can show your Military ID and get in free...:starcat:
Point Lookout is a great place to go. I try to go down there at least once a week just to relax and watch the sunset it is so pretty down there.

mgdbaa

Point Lookout during the week goes off of donation's only. The 5.00 is for the weekends, and if you are military you can show your Military ID and get in free...:starcat:
Point Lookout is a great place to go. I try to go down there at least once a week just to relax and watch the sunset it is so pretty down there.
I had been going to Point Lookout my whole life. That is where we would have big family picnics. Now I just cant get down there. I have tried 3 times now since early spring and those damn illegal imagrants have taken over the place. On July 4th they were actually picnicing on the areas of the monuments. There was a grocery store shopping cart on the lawn of the newest monument. This sickens me that the a place that I used to consider a place of enjoyment and peice has been taken over. I cannot even take the kids there to show them what where my mother always took us when we were kids. Did I mention they are very rude, trashy and drive like mad people?

tiltedangel

Hi,

Thanks!

just a note..we love to walk around there, make sure you spray yourselve with replellant the ticks are bad.

tiltedangel

I had been going to Point Lookout my whole life. That is where we would have big family picnics. Now I just cant get down there. I have tried 3 times now since early spring and those damn illegal imagrants have taken over the place. On July 4th they were actually picnicing on the areas of the monuments. There was a grocery store shopping cart on the lawn of the newest monument. This sickens me that the a place that I used to consider a place of enjoyment and peice has been taken over. I cannot even take the kids there to show them what where my mother always took us when we were kids. Did I mention they are very rude, trashy and drive like mad people?

i think you are over exagerating there is no reason you can't take the kids, it has not been taken over lol!

nomoney

i think you are over exagerating there is no reason you can't take the kids, it has not been taken over lol!

It's really only exagerating because unless she checks their green cards I don't know how she figures they're illegal.

But it is getting more and more crowded.

emma1606

Is it like that during the week or just weekends?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Is it like that during the week or just weekends?

It is only totally crazy on holiday weekends. On July 4 the park filled to capacity about 9:00am

Weekends are very crowded but you can usually get in. Last Saturday it filled up about 2:30pm.

mgdbaa

It's really only exagerating because unless she checks their green cards I don't know how she figures they're illegal.

But it is getting more and more crowded.
OK, your right about that. However I doubt very seriously that all of them are legal. I just hate how people come around are area and just disrespect the place. It just blew my mind when I saw the shopping cart there and they were playing on the lawn of the monuments like it was a picnic area. They had grills set up. I guess for people who grew up here might understand what I mean. This is a place where I have good childhood memories and would want to pass that on. I mean, why can't they stay in Virginia and find a place there to destroy? I noticed they are starting to hang out in Solomons Island now.

thatguy

OK, your right about that. However I doubt very seriously that all of them are legal. I just hate how people come around are area and just disrespect the place. It just blew my mind when I saw the shopping cart there and they were playing on the lawn of the monuments like it was a picnic area. They had grills set up. I guess for people who grew up here might understand what I mean. This is a place where I have good childhood memories and would want to pass that on. I mean, why can't they stay in Virginia and find a place there to destroy? I noticed they are starting to hang out in Solomons Island now.

try not being so bigoted and look at them as people, just other people.....

you know, the same people who are busy during the day working on the roads, or in construction, or even cleaning hotel rooms.