ambulance has one to st marys CPR in progress
2nd helo may not be needed now
2nd helo not needed now
about 40 min and cut a female out of the car will be flying soon
flying out a female in her 50's

Last edited:

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
This one isn't sounding good at all. Female patient doesn't have any lung sounds, has radiating pain on both sides currently undergoing chemo. The male driver had to have a rapid extrication done, was transported to the LZ and went into cardiac arrest. He's being transported to SMH priority 1 with CPR in progress.

Units On Scene: Engines 62, 61, Squad 3, Chief 6, Chief 3, Ambulances 67, 68, 69, 397, Medic 2, Trooper 7.

Last edited:
C

CalvertNewbie

This one isn't sounding good at all. Female patient doesn't have any lung sounds, has radiating pain on both sides currently undergoing chemo. The male driver had to have a rapid extrication done, was transported to the LZ and went into cardiac arrest. He's being transported to SMH priority 1 with CPR in progress.

Units On Scene: Engines 62, 61, Squad 3, Chief 6, Chief 3, Ambulances 67, 68, 69, 397, Medic 2, Trooper 7.

Wow, doesn't sound good at all. Saying a prayer for those involved. :frown:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Helo landed right across the street from where I live. Kinda suprised it did but I could hear it taking off. Not a very big spot for the helo.

Prayers for everyone.

Zguy28

This one isn't sounding good at all. Female patient doesn't have any lung sounds, has radiating pain on both sides currently undergoing chemo. .
Wow. Could you imagine going through chemo, then losing your spouse in a car accident during the treatments? Talk about being in a bad way.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Helo landed right across the street from where I live. Kinda suprised it did but I could hear it taking off. Not a very big spot for the helo.

Prayers for everyone.

They were going to land it at the firehouse, but Engine 61 (who was designated as the LZ engine) was already on the street and almost to the scene. Looking at the map, there weren't to many other places. They couldn't land it in the big field across the street from the accident because of the apparatus, and they couldn't move south because of the crash.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Thanks for posting -- some of us were worried.

This is so sad. Sending out prayers for all.

We seem to be having way too many accidents these days. Too many folks doing stupid things while driving...

I don't understand why they put in the article that she was undergoing chemo. Seems to me that is pretty private medical information. :shrug: Ya know, HIPPA and all that stuff.

Thank you for your concern. :huggy:

C

CalvertNewbie

Thanks for posting -- some of us were worried.

This is so sad. Sending out prayers for all.

We seem to be having way too many accidents these days. Too many folks doing stupid things while driving...

Honestly, I thought of BS Gal also. But then I remembered reading that she doesn't leave her house that late at night. There are SO many people going through chemo, don't know why I thought of her when I've never even met her. :shrug:

Like BS Gal said, I'm not really sure why they included that fact in the article. But again, another sad story to hear about. It seems that lately all we read about are serious accidents and domestic disputes.

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
Honestly, I thought of BS Gal also. But then I remembered reading that she doesn't leave her house that late at night. There are SO many people going through chemo, don't know why I thought of her when I've never even met her. :shrug:

Like BS Gal said, I'm not really sure why they included that fact in the article. But again, another sad story to hear about. It seems that lately all we read about are serious accidents and domestic disputes.

I don't think it was an "article" as much as a post made by someone reporting what they heard on the scanner. Either way, it just goes to show once again that EVERY person has an underlying story that we don't (and maybe shouldn't) know.

Prayers for all involved: victims, family, friends and first responders.

C

CalvertNewbie

I don't think it was an "article" as much as a post made by someone reporting what they heard on the scanner. Either way, it just goes to show once again that EVERY person has an underlying story that we don't (and maybe shouldn't) know.

Prayers for all involved: victims, family, friends and first responders.

You very well may be right. I remembered reading it but wasn't thinking of where I actually read it. I just hope my personal business never finds it's way to a scanner listened to by half the people in somd!

smilin

BOXER NATION
What a shame.
Russ and Missy Wenzell were newcomers to our area. They loved being down here. They were a very hardworking, very personable and extremely responsible couple.
I hope Missy makes it.
What a mess, hope they throw the book at the drunk.

sockgirl77

What a shame.
Russ and Missy Wenzell were newcomers to our area. They loved being down here. They were a very hardworking, very personable and extremely responsible couple.
I hope Missy makes it.
What a mess, hope they throw the book at the drunk.

His stepdad is an ex cop. Not sure how this will go down. While he fully deserves life in prison, this is St. Mary's and he'll be out in a few years if not longer. :ohwell: