anyone ever heard of.

dolfo1

i had a back injury in 1998,workmans comp for a few months,filed for disability and was denied,i appealed,it takes a few months to get a appeal hearing,3 weeks before my appeal i found a job i thought i could do even with my bad back,i call ssi and canceled my appeal,the job worked great but after 2 years the company closed,thru the 2 years i had to keep doctoring and was full of pain meds,as the story goes i applied for disability 5 times more scince 1998 and i canceled them myself 4 times because i would find jobs i felt i could do,i have been thru mri's many painful injections into my spine,doctors wanting to do surgury but i keep on trucking,in june 2009 my back went out again,i cant get unemployment,social services cant help cause my wife makes $11.20 a hour,so i tried disability,im told because im 57 years old,and have shown that i would rather work,they were going to approve me for presumed disability,were they release my monetary benifits because its now a hardship case,they have my records and set me a doctors appointment,they need a few test results and this doctors findings,im told presumed disability lasts 3 to 6 months and i will be approved for full disability before this presumed disability runs out,has anyone ever heard of this presumed disability????

dolfo1

only asking for advice

i had a back injury in 1998,workmans comp for a few months,filed for disability and was denied,i appealed,it takes a few months to get a appeal hearing,3 weeks before my appeal i found a job i thought i could do even with my bad back,i call ssi and canceled my appeal,the job worked great but after 2 years the company closed,thru the 2 years i had to keep doctoring and was full of pain meds,as the story goes i applied for disability 5 times more scince 1998 and i canceled them myself 4 times because i would find jobs i felt i could do,i have been thru mri's many painful injections into my spine,doctors wanting to do surgury but i keep on trucking,in june 2009 my back went out again,i cant get unemployment,social services cant help cause my wife makes $11.20 a hour,so i tried disability,im told because im 57 years old,and have shown that i would rather work,they were going to approve me for presumed disability,were they release my monetary benifits because its now a hardship case,they have my records and set me a doctors appointment,they need a few test results and this doctors findings,im told presumed disability lasts 3 to 6 months and i will be approved for full disability before this presumed disability runs out,has anyone ever heard of this presumed disability????

all these people,like im asking for somekind of handout,just want a little advice,for gods sake people,

belvak

Happy Camper
all these people,like im asking for somekind of handout,just want a little advice,for gods sake people,

Suggest you try Googling it if you haven't already. There are some links out there. Don't know if they apply to your specific case or not. :shrug: You might also want to consult with a disability or worker's compensation attorney. Good Luck.

Animal

I eat red meat
Is this what you are looking for?
Social Security presumes permanent disability status for any of the following:

• permanent loss of use of both hands, both feet, or one hand and one foot,

• amputation of a leg at the hip,

• amputation of a leg or foot because of diabetes mellitus or peripheral vascular diseases,

• total deafness, not correctable by surgery or hearing aid,

• statutory blindness, unless caused by cataracts or detached retina,

• IQ of 59 or less, established after the individual reaches age 16.

• spinal cord or nerve root lesions resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia,

• multiple sclerosis in which there is damage to the nervous system because of scattered areas of inflammation. The inflammation recurs and has progressed to varied interference with the function of the nervous system, including severe muscle weakness, paralysis, and vision and speech defects,

• muscular dystrophy with irreversible wasting of the muscles, impairing the use of arms or legs,

• Down’s Syndrome (mongolism),

• Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS),

• impaired kidney function caused by chronic renal disease, resulting in severely reduced function which may require dialysis or kidney transplant, or

• amputation of a limb of an individual age 55 or older.

Social Security considers certain additional conditions as permanent disabilities. Social Security refers to these conditions as "MINE" (Medical Improvement Not Expected) disabilities. Each Division of Family Assistance District Office Supervisor has a copy of the MINE list.
It seems if you have one of the listed disabilities above or one as listed on the MINE list then they are just starting your benefit early (as they seem to understand you are in a hardship status) until the medical evaluation has been completed and a determination made as to your permanent status.

dolfo1

thank you all

Is this what you are looking for?

It seems if you have one of the listed disabilities above or one as listed on the MINE list then they are just starting your benefit early (as they seem to understand you are in a hardship status) until the medical evaluation has been completed and a determination made as to your permanent status.

i apologise if i offened anyone,i was hoping someone would have some knowledge about this,a few people did give me advice and i thank all for sharing,going thru a tuff time and i tend to panic,i realize a lot of people are going thru tuff times and tend to panic to,im sorry if i lashed out.