Lewis7lewis: Your view of ACC

-SS-

DHS Extremist
lewis7lewis: Tell me what you know about ACC [Anthropogenic Climate Change, aka "global warming"]. I would like to hear what you have say about this since you mentioned it was one of your Big 5 in the other thread.

I'm listening.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
We are all ears!!!

Attachments

• global_warming.jpg
    global_warming.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 121

lewis7lewis

Are you Sure?

lewis7lewis: Tell me what you know about ACC [Anthropogenic Climate Change, aka "global warming"]. I would like to hear what you have say about this since you mentioned it was one of your Big 5 in the other thread.

I'm listening.

Well it's like this are you telling me that you don't think that the
Earth is warming? But when you see pitures of Montana's National
Glacier Park starting from the 1920s to the present you will see
them disappearing decade after decade and in another 10 to 15
year's there won't be any Glacier's left!
Ice cores that have been taken from Pole
to Pole prove that the Earth has been Hot then Cold and so on
and so on.So it's ok with me if you don't I'm no Scientist wish I
was but Earth is just going through one of it's Natural Cycles.
Is man speeding up this process I can only guess that it's a
yes but to say that it is not when those guys who are alot
smarter then you and me I listen to them.So go ahead and blast
me a new one if you want but if you look at different area's where
pitures were taken way back decades ago you can see for
yourself don't take my word for it.So let me know!

PS,,,The truth is permanent everything else will fall to the wayside.

-SS-

DHS Extremist

Quote me where I said the earth is cooling. Thats not what I opened the thread with. Dont tell me you are trying to compromise your integrity already with obfuscation. Its clear what I asked you about: ACC. See the OP if you are still confuzzled.

I'm disappointed in your response. Instead of bringing any facts or data to the discussion, you bring fallacies based purely on supposition and extrapolation... with an "appeal to the man" type of argument.

That dog just dont hunt.

Anyway, Ill get the ball rolling. In the other thread you decried that climate change is real and now ammend your statement that its a natural cycle. Which one is it? With that in mind, you have to prove that this change is MAN MADE as being told to us through fear mongering in the media. You did say that "you guess" that it is. Ok, good.

So prior to the Inudstrial revolution, what caused the mini Ice Age and of course the Ice Age itself? Here's a few samples:

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c0115707f1f6c970b-pi

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c01157231c15d970b-pi

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c011570ba0365970b-pi

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c0115711b1c79970c-pi

Also, you need to prove that carbon does in fact, increase the earths temeprature.

These are important questions that you need to answer with facts before we can continue any further. I look forward to seeing how you handle the "carbon increases" heat portion. Bear in mind, this is only the tip of the "iceberg" unless you decide to run away saying you arent smart enough for the discussion.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
How interesting. I just watched a program on History channel about how many times life on earth was destroyed and by what. Did you know that a few billion years ago, after major volcanic activity, our planet was COMPLETELY encased in ICE. Just like Neptune! And mankind has only developed civilization during the last 10 thousand years because we have had a 'Warm' period so they didn't have to focus so much on survival. In fact there is proof positive that the Clovis people (HomoSapien not Neanderthal)settled in North America but were almost wiped out due to a sudden climate change (mini ice age) that was caused but an asteroid impact in Canada?

I also read a paper on the effect of CARBON on the atmosphere. There is none to be noted.
I love the history and discovery channel

lewis7lewis

Your Confused!

Quote me where I said the earth is cooling. Thats not what I opened the thread with. Dont tell me you are trying to compromise your integrity already with obfuscation. Its clear what I asked you about: ACC. See the OP if you are still confuzzled.

I'm disappointed in your response. Instead of bringing any facts or data to the discussion, you bring fallacies based purely on supposition and extrapolation... with an "appeal to the man" type of argument.

That dog just dont hunt.

Anyway, Ill get the ball rolling. In the other thread you decried that climate change is real and now ammend your statement that its a natural cycle. Which one is it? With that in mind, you have to prove that this change is MAN MADE as being told to us through fear mongering in the media. You did say that "you guess" that it is. Ok, good.

So prior to the Inudstrial revolution, what caused the mini Ice Age and of course the Ice Age itself? Here's a few samples:

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c0115707f1f6c970b-pi

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c01157231c15d970b-pi

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c011570ba0365970b-pi

http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c0115711b1c79970c-pi

Also, you need to prove that carbon does in fact, increase the earths temeprature.

These are important questions that you need to answer with facts before we can continue any further. I look forward to seeing how you handle the "carbon increases" heat portion. Bear in mind, this is only the tip of the "iceberg" unless you decide to run away saying you arent smart enough for the discussion.

You didn't answer my Question but I guess you think that the Earth is
cooling,,,,,Yes,, No! The Earth has been through many Ice Ages so that means it's been Hot then Cold and so on and so on again do You believe this
Yes or No it's a simple Question just answer it! So Carbon Dating was
what I meant when I said that they had taken core samples at the
Poles and the Scientist that did can see the different levels of Carbon!
And determined that the earth has been Hot and Cold!
Don't get confused Carbon Monoxide is what is released into the
atmosphere from gas and diesel engines. Have You not seen the Time Lapse
pitures that I was talking about Yes or No. Because these Pitures will let you see what I was talking about.Now if you can answer these few questions
I will be impressed. Do you want to talk about String Theory next or
Parallel Universes?

PS,,, tell me where I said 1 word about this Quote all I ever said was the
Earth was getting warmer I never even mentioned Cooling in all of my
previous print so get yourself straight First Jack!!!

Last edited:

ylexot

Super Genius
So Carbon Dating was

FYI, carbon dating has nothing to do with the ice core samples.

Toxick

Splat

This is, quite possibly, the most uneducated half-assed speculative piece of dumbassery that I have seen in a very, very long time.

Thank you for the laugh.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is, quite possibly, the most uneducated half-assed speculative piece of dumbassery that I have seen in a very, very long time.

Thank you for the laugh.

How can you say that? :tap:

For instance;

I'm no Scientist

I don't find that such a stretch. I can accept that. In fact, I'd say I am prepared to believe that as written with no qualifiers or addendum.

lewis7lewis

I was wrong?

FYI, carbon dating has nothing to do with the ice core samples.

My bad on that one that's what I thought they had done but they still
made their opinons off of those cores they had taken.

PS,,,see I can admit I was wrong and also the spelling no big deal.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My bad on that one that's what I thought they had done but they still
made their opinons off of those cores they had taken.

PS,,,see I can admit I was wrong and also the spelling no big deal.

Just so we're all on the same page, I don't doubt global warming. Or cooling. I doubt man made global warming. Or cooling. We, people, certainly, impact the environment. We CAN poison the hell out of water, land, one another. We have enough weapons to kill us all.

However, oil and coal and natural gas are fuels that serve endless purposes for people that MUST be replaced by something or the world economy collapses and we descend into mass death and, probably, World War III.

There is NOTHING right now that comes close to replacing oil and gas and coal EXCEPT nuke power and the man made global warming chicken Little's reject that. Wind and solar hold great promise. Some day.

So even if carbon fuels were killing the planet right now, rapidly, there is nothing we can do about it now, rapidly, that would stop massive global chaos. Think of all the people out of work all through the food chain of mining and manufacturing and maintenance and repairs and so forth associated with oil and coal use.

Given that carbon fuels are not killing the planet rapidly, if at all, it is pure anarchy to push an agenda to collapse carbon fuels with no suitable replacements anywhere near in the future.

I am all for better, cheaper, faster, stronger. It will come when the market demands it and brings it about. Government can not do that. Government did not give us whale oil. Did not give us kerosene. Did not give us buggy whips. Did not give us gasoline and diesel and all things internal combustion. Markets did. What we're trying to do now is, in effect, replace the car with the horse. It does not, can not work. It is crazy.

I am not all for lies and distortions and doomsday apocalyptic fantasies. Especially when Mars just went through a warming period that mirrors the one the earth just finished.

:buddies:

C

czygvtwkr

Ice Core Samples

The thing about being able to tell what the temperature was using ice core samples....this is only a theory and there is no real way to prove it right or wrong because its not like anyone was around to verify if the theory used to estimate (yes it is estimate) the temperature in that time frame was what they say it is. I have suspicions that the theory was developed to match what someone first believed.

I am a scientist, engineer to be exact and I find ways to make measurements for a living. I can tell you that there is no way to go back in time and take a measurement, once you missed that moment you cant measure it. I see it every day from other engineers and scientists, good data isn't necessarily correct data but its the data that they want to see, the data that validates their theories. I suspect alot of this is going on in the climate change crowd. There is too much politics involved for science go in any other direction.

The glaciers have been retreating since before the industrial revolution started, please tell me how carbon emissions caused that one.

My scientific opinion is that we really cant tell if we are having an effect on the earth or not, maybe in a few hundred years mankind will know if we did.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The thing about being able to tell what the temperature was using ice core samples....this is only a theory and there is no real way to prove it right or wrong because its not like anyone was around to verify if the theory used to estimate (yes it is estimate) the temperature in that time frame was what they say it is. I have suspicions that the theory was developed to match what someone first believed.

I am a scientist, engineer to be exact and I find ways to make measurements for a living. I can tell you that there is no way to go back in time and take a measurement, once you missed that moment you cant measure it. I see it every day from other engineers and scientists, good data isn't necessarily correct data but its the data that they want to see, the data that validates their theories. I suspect alot of this is going on in the climate change crowd. There is too much politics involved for science go in any other direction.

The glaciers have been retreating since before the industrial revolution started, please tell me how carbon emissions caused that one.

My scientific opinion is that we really cant tell if we are having an effect on the earth or not, maybe in a few hundred years mankind will know if we did.

Speaking of which, could you tell me how long a CO2 molecule stays airborne? I can't find the answer to that.

-SS-

DHS Extremist
You didn't answer my Question but I guess you think that the Earth is
cooling,,,,,Yes,, No! The Earth has been through many Ice Ages so that means it's been Hot then Cold and so on and so on again do You believe this
Yes or No it's a simple Question just answer it! So Carbon Dating was
Don't get confused Carbon Monoxide is what is released into the
atmosphere from gas and diesel engines. Have You not seen the Time Lapse
pitures that I was talking about Yes or No. Because these Pitures will let you see what I was talking about.Now if you can answer these few questions
I will be impressed. Do you want to talk about String Theory next or
Parallel Universes?

PS,,, tell me where I said 1 word about this Quote all I ever said was the
Earth was getting warmer I never even mentioned Cooling in all of my
previous print so get yourself straight First Jack!!!

lewis, focus.

I clearly asked your thoughts on ACC, aka Anthropogenic Climate Change aka Global Warming. Since it is very obvious you have no idea what that means, Ill explain it to you. It means this:

MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE. [seek a dictionary reference for "anthropogenic"]

The current theory of ACC is that through the use of products like oil, the expelled CO2 [carbon dioxide] is causing the planet to increase in temperature.

Do you understand this? Good, now that you comprehend that part, it should dawn on you why I ignored the rest of your ranting. It is irrelevant to the discussion. In other words, you talked about pictures but fail to prove how it happened. You're lacking EVIDENCE. Had you actually paid attention to the links to the graphs, then you wouldn’t ask such embarrassing questions about whether or not we are in a cooling or heating phase, which you yourself seem to have no idea about.

Alright. Now I am going to educate on the ice core samples. You would think someone who spouts the hysteria would NOT need to be taught this from an ACC skeptic. First of all, it is NOT about carbon dating, lol. It is about the isotopes of oxygen and hydrogen. That is how they get an idea of what the climate was like based upon those isotopes. Another way to get a reading is through sediment layers, usually the ocean floors.

Do you understand that? Good.

Now we'll talk about Carbon Monoxide that you brought up. You're wrong on that too. Again, a learning point: CO2 is carbon dioxide, NOT carbon monoxide. Read the hotlinks to learn the difference.

But seriously, it’s brutally apparent that you haven’t the faintest clue about ACC and are just parroting the Party Line. At this juncture, I would say that I am wasting my time because you are vastly ignorant on the subject; you dont even know the basic components of the theory, let alone the chemistry and science involved.

Get back with me when you can have an intelligent discussion about this. Im not here to teach you the basics about a False Religion you are parroting and clueless about.

Cya next time champ.

lewis7lewis

lewis, focus.

I clearly asked your thoughts on ACC, aka Anthropogenic Climate Change aka Global Warming. Since it is very obvious you have no idea what that means, Ill explain it to you. It means this:

MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE. [seek a dictionary reference for "anthropogenic"]

The current theory of ACC is that through the use of products like oil, the expelled CO2 [carbon dioxide] is causing the planet to increase in temperature.

Do you understand this? Good, now that you comprehend that part, it should dawn on you why I ignored the rest of your ranting. It is irrelevant to the discussion. In other words, you talked about pictures but fail to prove how it happened. You're lacking EVIDENCE. Had you actually paid attention to the links to the graphs, then you wouldn’t ask such embarrassing questions about whether or not we are in a cooling or heating phase, which you yourself seem to have no idea about.

Alright. Now I am going to educate on the ice core samples. You would think someone who spouts the hysteria would NOT need to be taught this from an ACC skeptic. First of all, it is NOT about carbon dating, lol. It is about the isotopes of oxygen and hydrogen. That is how they get an idea of what the climate was like based upon those isotopes. Another way to get a reading is through sediment layers, usually the ocean floors.

Do you understand that? Good.

Now we'll talk about Carbon Monoxide that you brought up. You're wrong on that too. Again, a learning point: CO2 is carbon dioxide, NOT carbon monoxide. Read the hotlinks to learn the difference.

But seriously, it’s brutally apparent that you haven’t the faintest clue about ACC and are just parroting the Party Line. At this juncture, I would say that I am wasting my time because you are vastly ignorant on the subject; you dont even know the basic components of the theory, let alone the chemistry and science involved.

Get back with me when you can have an intelligent discussion about this. Im not here to teach you the basics about a False Religion you are parroting and clueless about.

Cya next time champ.

I Win you lose !!!!

And I Clearly ask you to answer those Questions and you didn't,,WHY?
I will tell you WHY because your the one doing the Ranting!
I can't even get a straight Yes or No answer,,, I will make it easy
for ya True or False is this any Better?.....that's funny?

Look buddy your the one who ask about this ACC stuff I never brought it
up,,, you did not me is this the 1 subject you think you might know something about good for you? All I Ever said was the Earth was getting
Warmer now you bring in the this REGLION ####,,, You are one TWISTED
F###,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Your like the guy
whose wife catches him in bed with another Woman,,,AND says who are you gonna Believe Me or your lying Eyes. So Pitures won't prove anything you
are so Blind!

It's Like the line from Jaws,,,Your not gonna believe there's a Shark in
the water till it swims up and bites you on the ASS !!!

-SS-

DHS Extremist
I Win you lose !!!!

And I Clearly ask you to answer those Questions and you didn't,,WHY?
I will tell you WHY because your the one doing the Ranting!
I can't even get a straight Yes or No answer,,, I will make it easy
for ya True or False is this any Better?.....that's funny?

Look buddy your the one who ask about this ACC stuff I never brought it
up,,, you did not me is this the 1 subject you think you might know something about good for you? All I Ever said was the Earth was getting
Warmer now you bring in the this REGLION ####,,, You are one TWISTED
F###,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Your like the guy
whose wife catches him in bed with another Woman,,,AND says who are you gonna Believe Me or your lying Eyes. So Pitures won't prove anything you
are so Blind!

It's Like the line from Jaws,,,Your not gonna believe there's a Shark in
the water till it swims up and bites you on the ASS !!!

:killingme :killingme :killingme

Now I am certain this is a troll. What part of you FAILING to provide EVIDENCE did you NOT comprehend? In fact you know so little about this, that you have no idea that this belief in ACC has turned into a religion full of earth worshipping zealots who are trying to get everyone to convert to it. No surprise you are clueless on this as well.

So now you claim victory? :killingme Just who do you think you convinced? YOU didnt even understand the terms let alone the scientific aspects.

Thanks for the laughs at your expense. "I win, you lose!" Man, my sides are splitting.

Toxick

Splat
Thank God i'm finally off that list

:killingme

You've never been on that list.

With the exception of your annoying propensity to take something that I take very seriously, and deliberatly belittle it, I find your posts to be well thought out, well written and well supported. Even the ones I disagree with.

So here's to ya. :buddies: