Help Injured Hawk

jwilley

Walker
We seem to have an injured Hawk hanging out in our front yard. Walks fine but doesn't seem to be able to fly. I did get a couple of numbers from DNR this morning but recordings say they are full. If you have any rescue contacts number we would greatly appreciate it.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Give Katelin Welles a call...

Katelin Welles, Licensed Master Wildlife Rehabilitator
IWRC, NWRA, MWRA
Permits: MD and Sub USFW

Little Wanderers Wildllife Rescue
P.O. Box 3626
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Cell: 443-624-2949

LWWR@mac.com
Small mammals, RVS, birds of prey, no songbirds.

Anyone needing info or help, feel free to contact me or join me for coffee and a chat.

Many thanks,
Katelin

Rael

Supper's Ready
We seem to have an injured Hawk hanging out in our front yard. Walks fine but doesn't seem to be able to fly. I did get a couple of numbers from DNR this morning but recordings say they are full. If you have any rescue contacts number we would greatly appreciate it.

Fledgling maybe?

jwilley

Walker
Here he is

Attachments

• Hawk.jpg
    Hawk.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 376

Rael

Supper's Ready
That's when they get their feathers? This is an older hawk pretty big probably 24in tall.

They're already fairly large when they leave the nest, but just might be a little clumsy getting used to flight (that's what I was thinking anyhow). It won't hurt to contact Katelin, though. She's good that way. :yay:

jwilley

Walker
They're already fairly large when they leave the nest, but just might be a little clumsy getting used to flight (that's what I was thinking anyhow). It won't hurt to contact Katelin, though. She's good that way. :yay:

Does this look like a young one to you? We have no idea...Can you tell what kind he is? a red tail?

Rael

Supper's Ready
Not yet, but going to see if we can get one....don't want to scare him away though. He's left our yard and is in the horse pasture now but still pretty close

Here's a red shouldered hawk, looks similar.

Attachments

• Red-shoulderedHawk.jpg
    Red-shoulderedHawk.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 334

jwilley

Walker
We have captured our Hawk with a clothes basket and waiting on a return call from Mary for pickup...Thanks for everyone's help....we hope Ok we named him Melvin after a good friend that has passed on can be healed and brought back here to the farm

morningbell

hmmmmmm
We have captured our Hawk with a clothes basket and waiting on a return call from Mary for pickup...Thanks for everyone's help....we hope Ok we named him Melvin after a good friend that has passed on can be healed and brought back here to the farm

AWWWW! Melvin!
Hey, thanks enough for caring to help :huggy:

jwilley

Walker
AWWWW! Melvin!
Hey, thanks enough for caring to help :huggy:

We just hope all goes well for him/her, we are animal/wildlife lovers
Mary is on her way and hopefully she can tell us what type of hawk Melvin is and if I have to rename... I'm just so happy there are the rescuers out there to help