SMECO Add Ons

ya know somethings just not right with this.......... $231.00 electric bill ... $177.00 for the electric and 54.00 in bs charges!!!!

Does anyone really understand what all those added fees are?

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
ya know somethings just not right with this.......... $231.00 electric bill ... $177.00 for the electric and 54.00 in bs charges!!!!

I never really look. I just wipe away my tears while I write my check

Pandora

I never really look. I just wipe away my tears while I write my check

$313 for electric and nearly $100 for bs charges, the distribution charge was the biggest expense... I want to say it totaled $87.00 so I totally understand.

BTW, we have a pool and hot tub and ran them both this past summer, plus entertained a great deal... which was the reason for the $400 plus bill this past month. :faint:

I could understand with the hot tub,pool and entertaining...

but crap, mine wasn't that far from 400 and

I'm single w/o kids, at work all day, don't cook
home maybe 3 waking hrs,
turn the lights off in all the rooms except the one I am in.
the AC has not been below 75 (when i am home)
on 80 during working hours
rarely watch tv
I wash clothes with cold water @ 2x a week and use dryer
my home is @ 900-1,000 square foot!

I did discover that the idiots that lived here before me had the hot water heater set super high @ 140...

so I hope that it goes down next month--I need a break before the propane people take all my money for heat:killingme

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Mine was over 200. for this tiny place.. Ran higher then the house I was living in.. I dont understand it... Nothings changed on what Im using.. Hell I didnt even run the A/C half the time...

Mine was over 200. for this tiny place.. Ran higher then the house I was living in.. I dont understand it... Nothings changed on what Im using.. Hell I didnt even run the A/C half the time...

I hear ya... I'm like dang what more can I turn off? lol what if everyone just refused to pay the bs part?

onebdzee

off the shelf
I could understand with the hot tub,pool and entertaining...

but crap, mine wasn't that far from 400 and

I'm single w/o kids, at work all day, don't cook
home maybe 3 waking hrs,
turn the lights off in all the rooms except the one I am in.
the AC has not been below 75 (when i am home)
on 80 during working hours
rarely watch tv
I wash clothes with cold water @ 2x a week and use dryer
my home is @ 900-1,000 square foot!

I did discover that the idiots that lived here before me had the hot water heater set super high @ 140...

so I hope that it goes down next month--I need a break before the propane people take all my money for heat:killingme

You may want to have SMECO come out and re-read your meter....that doesn't sound right at all....my house is twice that size and I had the A/C(set at 78) going most of the month, at least 1 TV going(2 mutts at home), 2 computers, and all the crap in my garage(sewing machine, fan, lights) and my bill was a little under $200

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
You may want to have SMECO come out and re-read your meter....that doesn't sound right at all....my house is twice that size and I had the A/C(set at 78) going most of the month, at least 1 TV going(2 mutts at home), 2 computers, and all the crap in my garage(sewing machine, fan, lights) and my bill was a little under $200

There are a lot more factors than just both people running the AC. If the house isn't well insulated, if the AC unit is old and not efficient, etc.. etc...

An old inefficient AC unit and poorly insulated home could easily double a bill.

Also, is the house shaded by surrounding trees, is it in the open with the sun beating down on it all day, etc...

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Yup..you are paying for the people that don't pay their bill. Welcome to SMECO.

I got behind once, they had no problem shutting mine off.. and they didn't offer any help either lol..

they did offer to let me make payments and on the day a payment was due came out and snip... out went the lights..

not blaming them.. my fault ..

There are a lot more factors than just both people running the AC. If the house isn't well insulated, if the AC unit is old and not efficient, etc.. etc...

An old inefficient AC unit and poorly insulated home could easily double a bill.

Also, is the house shaded by surrounding trees, is it in the open with the sun beating down on it all day, etc...

could a hot water heater set over 140 do that?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

We had to have them come out and what do ya know our bill went from $452 to $288. What I don't get at all is they estimated what our bill would have been at the original reading based on what it was when they came back out. Why didn't they just bill us at exactly what it was when they came back out? $288 is still high in my opinion and we have a brand new house.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
When I lived in Frederick I had alleghany power..and my bill was always very reasonable...here with SMECO the distribution charge is exorbitant and no matter what I do to save..the bill is still ridiculous. I reallly miss my alleghany power :(

BuckinRut

Ours runs in the 4-500's for a 2200 sq. ft. house and we also have a pool that was running all summer. So we feel your pain too. :drama:

DAMNIFUDO_DONT

About the SMECO Bill

Might not help bring the cost of your bill down but might help you understand what you are being charged for. Just roll your mouse over each part and it will tell you about it. Good luck.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My workshop was $130 this past month.
But the dogs enjoyed the AC.
It has it's own meter.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!

It's insane...when you brake it down we are paying $0.15 a kWh.

They want everyone to get the cool sentry and keep the house at 78 degrees in the summer.

My house is well insulated..built in '97 and I have been paying the same as you. I have CFL's and a programmable thermostat. I keep my house at 74 in the summer and 68 in the winter.

I need to get off the f'ing grid!!