The nerve of them

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We cancelled our Comcast account on Sept 9th and returned all the convertor boxes/routers to them the same day. Now they are trying to charge us for the whole month of September on our latest bill. I can't wait to hear what their reasoning behind that is when I call this morning.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
We cancelled our Comcast account on Sept 9th and returned all the convertor boxes/routers to them the same day. Now they are trying to charge us for the whole month of September on our latest bill. I can't wait to hear what their reasoning behind that is when I call this morning.

Great to hear that..not. I cancelled them last month and they said I got to pay out until Sept 15. I just got another bill email today!!!! I'm looking forward to the battle with them...good luck to you!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Great to hear that..not. I cancelled them last month and they said I got to pay out until Sept 15. I just got another bill email today!!!! I'm looking forward to the battle with them...good luck to you!

They told me that as soon as I turned in all the boxes, my service would be cancelled and therefore I wouldn't be charged any longer. About an hour after the phone call to cancel, the boxes had been turned in and I got my receipt.

Good luck to you too!

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I just had them for internet only, no equipment. I'm going to go to their office in Waldorf. I'd rather deal with them face to face. :duel:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:yeahthat:

It also depends on when the billing cycle ends

I just looked at the bill and apparently we've been paying ahead. We pay for the following month so this bill is for October. So, looks like they got us for September back in August. I will still have to call to let them know that we shouldn't have received a bill for October as we are no longer customers.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
rarebreed why did you get rid of comcast?

They suck. We were getting charged almost $70 for basic cable (no bells and whistles) and the price kept going up and up all the time. We switched to DirecTV through the package deal we got through Verizon. Phone, TV, internet for $55/month.

I just got off the phone with Comcast and they said the bill was sent in error and to disregard. We are actually getting a credit since we paid for September and then cancelled. That would have been my next question since they bill a month ahead and we weren't positive we were switching to DirecTV when we paid our bill.

dgates80

Land of the lost
rarebreed why did you get rid of comcast?

I just had DirecTV installed yesterday, and as soon as Verizon DSL gets activated I am ditching Comcast as well. I host the Calvert SOMD scanner feed, so I monitor Comcast's internet performance 24/7 -- and I can verify, it does indeed suck.

Performance wise it was good, I got 5mb out of the data pipe OK, just that it rarely goes more tehn 12 hours without a 1 to 5 minute outage. The LONGEST I have seen the scanner feed run continiously without a break (and they are short ones, and you are automatically reconnected) was just over 48 hours, typically 6 to 8 hours.

For a long time I thought it was a problem with the cable signal (corrected with a dedicated feedline to the cable modem) -- or the cable modem (got a new one) -- or power (got a UPS) -- I'm DONE. DSL is a little slower on the bandwidth but 3mb will work fine, with 768kb uphaul. It will be interesting to compare reliability rates with Comcast, could not get much worse....

-dg