Two Month (plus) Warning

Christmas is coming. It is on December 25th this year.

No new debt. Repeat. No new debt.

If you have $50 saved and have 5 people to buy for then they get $10 gifts.

Go look in the mirror and say out loud . . . "Stop It."

"Paid For Christmas 2009" Spread the word.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Christmas is coming. It is on December 25th this year.

No new debt. Repeat. No new debt.

If you have $50 saved and have 5 people to buy for then they get $10 gifts.

Go look in the mirror and say out loud . . . "Stop It."

"Paid For Christmas 2009" Spread the word.

Christmas is on December 25th every year isn't it? :confused:

Good idea though.:yay:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
It is? It's a wonder why it sneaks up on people and they never plan for it financially isn't it?

Thanks for playing along.

Paid For Christmas 2009 . . . spread the word

I've never used credit cards for Christmas, every year I have had Christmas paid for. It would drive me crazy to owe money in August for things I bought for people in November and December the year before.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is? It's a wonder why it sneaks up on people and they never plan for it financially isn't it?

:wink:

I'm not buying Christmas presents this year. I'll do something for the kids, but the adults will understand because I'm going on a cruise in March and am saving my money for that. So anything anyone might have bought me, they can buy something for themselves with that money. And I will put $25 or so toward my cruise in their name. :yay:

innocent

undercover
Xmas is supposed to be all about the kids anyway right? This year it will be about the immediate family (kids only) and if anyone doesnt understand then- well they must be living in different times(economy)! Credit cards for gifts thats a big: :nono:

butterfly08

Xmas is supposed to be all about the kids anyway right? This year it will be about the immediate family (kids only) and if anyone doesnt understand then- well they must be living in different times(economy)! Credit cards for gifts thats a big: :nono:

I agree with you. I can't afford to do Christmas for everyone, so I'm just going to buy for the kids in my family.

Beta84

They're out to get us

I'm not buying Christmas presents this year. I'll do something for the kids, but the adults will understand because I'm going on a cruise in March and am saving my money for that. So anything anyone might have bought me, they can buy something for themselves with that money. And I will put $25 or so toward my cruise in their name. :yay:

Xmas is for the kids anyway, to hell with the adults. They don't need presents :smile:

Cowgirl

We all buy for the kids and the adults draw 1 name for a gift exchange. Santa probably won't be bringing the kids as many toys this year, since they get overloaded from all of the relatives as it is.

C

CalvertNewbie

We all buy for the kids and the adults draw 1 name for a gift exchange. Santa probably won't be bringing the kids as many toys this year, since they get overloaded from all of the relatives as it is.

That's a great way to save some money, especially if there are a lot of kids in the family. This will be the first Christmas for my little boy, he'll be almost 10 months old by then. I told my brother & his girlfriend to spend the money on their nephew, not hubby & I. Don't want them spending more than usual this year. They are fortunate that the economy hasn't affected their income, unlike hubby & I, but money isn't growing on trees for them regardless.

lovinmaryland

$ will be really tight this year w/ the new baby coming. Luckily I have already bought Jack all of his presents... one down 3 to go!

I usually go shopping Black Friday for the best deals on the big ticket items the older kids want. Normally I take about $500 for that day... this year I am cutting way back and will probably only have $250... if that!

The ex's family didn't have a lot of money, and we did, so we treated them.
The presents the ex's family gave out almost always included hand made gifts, thoughtfully created, not expensive to make. I still have most of those gifts.

Christmas budget is going to be a bit tight this year.

Cowgirl

The presents the ex's family gave out almost always included hand made gifts, thoughtfully created, not expensive to make. I still have most of those gifts.

I always try to do that! I love getting handmade gifts!

C

CalvertNewbie

The ex's family didn't have a lot of money, and we did, so we treated them.

Christmas budget is going to be a bit tight this year.

The best gift my son has received so far is hand made. My Mom cross stitched him a blanket with Noah's Ark on it. It took her forever to make and it's beautiful. He loves to look at the animals and touches it constantly. Sentimental gifts are the best!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
We put money away all year for Xmas. I don't plan on spending too much this year. My kids have way too much stuff as it is. We also only buy for the kids. I have 4 to buy for.

bcp

In My Opinion

Put 25 to yourself from me and have a drink while on the cruise.

Im just nice like that.:buddies: