Need Help!

journey_2000

My husband and I could use some advice about this. We recently had a tenant to skip out on us and left the place trashed and gave us no forwarding address.

We found out that we have to go to small claims court to try and get back the money owed. But with no forwarding address to send the information to- what do we do?

Is there anyone out there who has gone through this? Were you able to get the money back? Any suggestions to get the money back?

Thanks for reading.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
sorry for your troubles...
Did you get drivers license number or SSN prior to renting?
Did tenent sign a lease with the above info?
Do you have cancled checks with bank info on it?

Those in itself should allow you to track down this person.
Otherwise, I am afraid you are SOL......:shrug:

padowne

Send a certified letter to them to the address of the rental with a return receipt. If they filed a change of address with the post office the carrier is supposed to write in the address of delivery and the card gets returned to you.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Going to court might end up costing you more then what he/she owes you... Unless he/she owes you thousands...

snappy senior

My husband and I could use some advice about this. We recently had a tenant to skip out on us and left the place trashed and gave us no forwarding address.

We found out that we have to go to small claims court to try and get back the money owed. But with no forwarding address to send the information to- what do we do?

Is there anyone out there who has gone through this? Were you able to get the money back? Any suggestions to get the money back?

Thanks for reading.

Hope you had a security deposit, but you might also check with Smeco to see if they have moved to a local address and have applied to them for an electric connection, and maybe they would be agreeable to helping you. I sympathize with you as it seems that although you as a landlord are providing someone a roof over their heads, the landlord always come out at the short end. Good luck, Snappy Senior