Question

Heresathought1

Has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of drivers here that do not seem to understand the concept of merging into traffic? For instance at the corner of Rte 4 and 235, there always seems to be someone sitting at the right turn and not merging into traffic.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of drivers here that do not seem to understand the concept of merging into traffic? For instance at the corner of Rte 4 and 235, there always seems to be someone sitting at the right turn and not merging into traffic.

Oh man I was coming out of walmart last night..taking a right onto 235..and some van was sitting there....there is about a MILE of merge lane...USE IT. people behind me were honking and everything..the idiot had no clue..sat there until there were NO cars in sight...and then drove up the merge lane.I was so annoyed.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

Does the sign say YIELD?

The problem with that particular spot is that when you come off of route 4 you are supposed to yield to oncoming traffic and those coming straight thru the light wanting to turn into Wawa's are going faster than you and will overtake that lane before you can fully take it thus leading to boom, bang, whamo in the blink of an eye. I will only take that lane if I see a gap in the oncoming traffic that will allow me to fully enter the lane before the next oncoming car has time to fill the gap. That way if he/she hits me I will be the care completely in the lane rather than two cars each being partially in the lane and my car being the one that was supposed to yield. Make sense?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
The problem with that particular spot is that when you come off of route 4 you are supposed to yield to oncoming traffic and those coming straight thru the light wanting to turn into Wawa's are going faster than you and will overtake that lane before you can fully take it thus leading to boom, bang, whamo in the blink of an eye. I will only take that lane if I see a gap in the oncoming traffic that will allow me to fully enter the lane before the next oncoming car has time to fill the gap. That way if he/she hits me I will be the care completely in the lane rather than two cars each being partially in the lane and my car being the one that was supposed to yield. Make sense?

Yes because the signs say yield and that's a turning lane not a merge lane. Then again, you have people use the turning lane for a travel lane...Take your chances :yay:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Yes you have to watch out for people coming over to go into wawa..but I have never had one bit of trouble looking..and then getting in to the lane to merge into traffic...I have never held anyone up..and have managed to do it safely hundreds of times..I see no reason for someone to sit there with their thumb up their ass.

Yes you have to watch out for people coming over to go into wawa..but I have never had one bit of trouble looking..and then getting in to the lane to merge into traffic...I have never held anyone up..and have managed to do it safely hundreds of times..I see no reason for someone to sit there with their thumb up their ass.

GFY! :clap:

Heresathought1

Can't always just merge into traffic bro, some people speed up and just don't let you. Also isn't there a yield sign at in that area? I Don't frequent it very often but I thought there was.

Right but that's the point. Yield is not the same as stop. When "yielding" sometimes you have to stop for a few seconds, but I've observed peole who sit and then don't even try to get over. You have a good half mile of merge lane in order to get over. Of course, you do have to be heads up for traffic coming from your left, but it isn't that difficult.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Right but that's the point. Yield is not the same as stop. When "yielding" sometimes you have to stop for a few seconds, but I've observed peole who sit and then don't even try to get over. You have a good half mile of merge lane in order to get over. Of course, you do have to be heads up for traffic coming from your left, but it isn't that difficult.

There is no merge lane at Yield signs.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Something you might not understand, IT"S NOT A MEGE LANE!!!!!!!
It's a right hand turn lane, it's designed so cars can pull off of the main road (235) and decelerate to make a RIGHT TURN.

The problem is the morons use it for everything but. It's an express lane, a merge lane but for vehicles trying to get off 235, well they just slow down or stop in the right most travel lane defeating the purpose of the "Right Hand Tunr Lane".

but for vehicles trying to get off 235, well they just slow down or stop in the right most travel lane defeating the purpose of the "Right Hand Tunr Lane".

They have to slow down before getting into the turn lane because of the idgits coming off of route 4 who are not yeilding to oncoming traffic by trying to make the turn lane a merging lane. :ohwell:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
And yet you have to get onto that lane to merge...making it ..a merge lane. There is no other way to get safely into traffic. So calling it a right turn lane doesn't change what its purpose is. If it were intended to only be used by right turning drivers..it would start at the wawa entrance..and there would be a hovercraft waiting to take you into traffic. It is intended to allow safe merging into traffic. Which can easily and simply be done without waiting untill there are no cars in a ten mile radius and pissing off everyone behind you.

Yeah, but everytime I get annoyed at someone who has had multiple opportunities to pull out, I pull up even with them and look over and it turns a white haired old lady with a death grip on the steering wheel. Give 'em a break, they've earned it.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
And yet you have to get onto that lane to merge...making it ..a merge lane. There is no other way to get safely into traffic. So calling it a right turn lane doesn't change what its purpose is. If it were intended to only be used by right turning drivers..it would start at the wawa entrance..and there would be a hovercraft waiting to take you into traffic. It is intended to allow safe merging into traffic. Which can easily and simply be done without waiting untill there are no cars in a ten mile radius and pissing off everyone behind you.

No you don't. Maybe you need to chill, not be in such a hurry and drive smarter. :yay:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Yeah, but everytime I get annoyed at someone who has had multiple opportunities to pull out, I pull up even with them and look over and it turns a white haired old lady with a death grip on the steering wheel. Give 'em a break, they've earned it.

Older than you? :lmao:

:huggy: