235 Tuesday (11/3) Evening

BernieP

Resident PIA
Nothing in the scanner forum, nothing posted here yet either.
But I'm sure you were all caught in the traffic jam.
Did see later that the light at 235 & 4 was OUT (not flasshing, but out) but that was around 7:30.

What was the problem?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Nothing in the scanner forum, nothing posted here yet either.
But I'm sure you were all caught in the traffic jam.
Did see later that the light at 235 & 4 was OUT (not flasshing, but out) but that was around 7:30.

What was the problem?

The lights were out.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think there was an accident that took out the lights somehow. Round about 3:45 or so. There is a thread about it. "Just heard".

Thanks... 2 hours later and traffic was still a mess. 4 hours later and lights were still out.

Glad I had that alternate route to get me home

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
There was an accident there earlier in the day that knocked the light out at 235/4, and people forget what two cops standing in an intersection mean, so they slam their brakes on when they tell them to go, and cause more accidents. I sat from Exploration to the second entrance at Walmart for 40 minutes.
Not to mention, there was an accident on the bridge.

BernieP

Resident PIA
There was an accident there earlier in the day that knocked the light out at 235/4, and people forget what two cops standing in an intersection mean, so they slam their brakes on when they tell them to go, and cause more accidents. I sat from Exploration to the second entrance at Walmart for 40 minutes.
Not to mention, there was an accident on the bridge.

Why didn't you take FDR Blvd? It's a great alternative route that works great in situations like this. More people should use it and it would improve the flow on 235. Great asset to the EMS people who have to move north / south in an emergency.

CrashTest

I was in the WaWa at about 6:30 looking at the situation. Emergency personnel had traffic shut down in certain directions and sending cars all other the place. They had it so dorked up that drivers didn't know what the hell was going on and where they were supposed to go. Looks like the cops bailed out and firefighters were out there directing cars.

:lmao:

lisa8439

Why didn't you take FDR Blvd? It's a great alternative route that works great in situations like this. More people should use it and it would improve the flow on 235. Great asset to the EMS people who have to move north / south in an emergency.

Where is FDR blvd in relation to Exploration drive?? Are you talking about that little road that runs by Walmart, Blockbuster, Best Buy, Petco, then on to First Colony?? :confused: You still have to actually get to Wal-Mart to even get on the road - and that light by BAE that turns into Wal-Mart doesn't stay green very long. There are usually cars backed up into the far left lane going straight that want to turn.

Not to mention that driving through the Best Buy parking lot is like playing some sort of video game, with people darting in and out of cars and walking in front of you out of nowhere.

66Thought

Brain Food - RU Starving?
I was in the WaWa at about 6:30 looking at the situation. Emergency personnel had traffic shut down in certain directions and sending cars all other the place. They had it so dorked up that drivers didn't know what the hell was going on and where they were supposed to go. Looks like the cops bailed out and firefighters were out there directing cars.

:lmao:

Know what you mean. I was coming south on 235 with one car behind me as far as I could see and needed to go over bridge to get home. Turned on my flashers to ask the cop how to get home and before I could even say a word, he started yelling at me with a very nasty tone. I told him I was just trying to go fu*kin home and called him an a$$hole. Guess they don't get paid enough to do anything but stand there. Hell, if you're gonna block the road, at least tell people how to get around. Big reason traffic was screwed up was because people had to try and figure out what was going on and how to navigate around to go where they needed to.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Where is FDR blvd in relation to Exploration drive?? Are you talking about that little road that runs by Walmart, Blockbuster, Best Buy, Petco, then on to First Colony?? :confused: You still have to actually get to Wal-Mart to even get on the road - and that light by BAE that turns into Wal-Mart doesn't stay green very long. There are usually cars backed up into the far left lane going straight that want to turn.

Not to mention that driving through the Best Buy parking lot is like playing some sort of video game, with people darting in and out of cars and walking in front of you out of nowhere.

LOL, I knew I forgot something -> :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
The fact there is no alternative even though when 235 was being made wider it was stated an alternate route was needed. When 235 shuts down like that nothing moves north or south. School buses, emergencey service vehicles, nothing. Because people block intersections nothing gets across either. It gridlocks the county - and why, because one duffass can't drive.

lisa8439

LOL, I knew I forgot something -> :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
The fact there is no alternative even though when 235 was being made wider it was stated an alternate route was needed. When 235 shuts down like that nothing moves north or south. School buses, emergencey service vehicles, nothing. Because people block intersections nothing gets across either. It gridlocks the county - and why, because one duffass can't drive.

:lmao: I was really hoping you weren't kidding... I know they are 'planning' to extend FDR behind First Colony - to run behind the military housing, right?

It does suck that there is no alternative for emergency services to get through... if they can just make it to WalMart they can take the back road and mow down the people coming out of Petco though :lmao: