Speaking of WalMart...

B

Bruzilla

I've been to the WalMart in California five times since Thanksgiving, at different times of the day, and it's been a mess everytime that I've gone in. There are always long lines at all of the registers... meaning all two or three that are open.

What's the deal??? Most retailers staff up at this time of year. The last time I went, there was a guy who looked to be somewhere between 70 and 300 years old working the express register, and after being fourth in line for over 20 minutes, and seeing him repeatedly keep having the manager coming over to deal with one crisis or another, I put my basket down in the middle of the floor, walked out, and went to Target. There were plenty of cashiers and they were moving customers right through.

I saw lots of people in WalMart uniforms looking very busy as they traveresed from the left to the right of the store and back again. I saw quite a few involved in deep conversations, about what I don't know... maybe critiquing the guy running the express line, but I think they would have been better used as cashiers.