1962 Galaxy 500 406 Tri Power

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

According to the seller of this Colonial White 1962 Ford Galaxie 500, it was originally equipped with the 406/405 tri-power engine (per the “G” in the VIN) and retains that original power plant. It is reportedly a three-owner car and was apparently built during the last couple of days of the ’62 production year, which included specific equipment including long-tube-type exhaust manifolds. Records appear to show it was sold originally in New Jersey, while the Arizona-based seller has owned the car since 2007. It is said to retain the original interior, in addition to the original drive train.

black dog

Free America
I know of a plantation on Mechanicsville Rd that has a field full of them old big block ford cars, all have low low mileage on them. All of them are painted Ford Blue so they can be found in the weeds.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My dad had a Mercury Monterey, and other than the hood and taillights, it looked identical. 350ci with about 350K miles. Took my road test in it.

Grumpy

Had this back(63 Mercury Marauder) in the day, was given to me by a family friend in 1975. 390/300hp. Quietest big block I ever had, you could almost not hear it run when standing next to it at idle, drove it for about 6 months, gas was a killer, about 8mpg. Had a uncle come up from Texas, he was having a rough time and I sold it to him for what it cost me to tag it and inspect it. As soon as it was tagged in his name, he went out and totaled it..Thats when I learned he was a raging alcoholic...live and learn..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Had this back(63 Mercury Marauder) in the day, was given to me by a family friend in 1975. 390/300hp. Quietest big block I ever had, you could almost not hear it run when standing next to it at idle, drove it for about 6 months, gas was a killer, about 8mpg. Had a uncle come up from Texas, he was having a rough time and I sold it to him for what it cost me to tag it and inspect it. As soon as it was tagged in his name, he went out and totaled it..Thats when I learned he was a raging alcoholic...live and learn..

View attachment 155159
I had the same engine in a '62 T-Bird I had for a short time. I'm a big FE fan....this 428 is going in a 17' vintage speedboat I'm restoring..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wish you'd get something restored. One can hardly move around in the shop it's getting so bad. :lol:
Pfffft...look who's talkin'. Last time I tried to navigate your electronics shop I nearly broke a leg. Twice.

BTW: Finally chased that little bird out a few minutes ago.