Merry Christmas America !

ImnoMensa

Don't know how the process works?

It's a long way from being signed and no cause for rejoicing if and when it does get signed.

Attachments

• Ghost.jpg
    Ghost.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Health logo.jpg
    Health logo.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 83
The republicans are packing up and leaveing if enough of them leave for the year then it will be sign tomorrow.:1bdz:

Actually, I just spoke to President Obama. He calls me sometimes to get a sense of what the cool people are thinking. He was planning on signing it tomorrow, kinda as a grand Christmas gesture, but I advised him that he should put off signing it for a bit, so that it looked like he was really putting a lot of thought into it. I told him that this would look better to his critics - it wouldn't look like he was rushing just to rush.

He finally came around and agreed that I was probably right. He told me he wouldn't be signing it tomorrow, or even this year. I'm not supposed to be telling anyone this, as they haven't announced it formally yet. But, when tomorrow comes and goes and he hasn't signed it, don't say I didn't tell you what was up. (Please, please, please don't tell anyone about this - even the news sources you are watching don't know yet.)

bcp

In My Opinion
:killingme What do you think they're going to sign, the senate bill or the house bill?
I see months of arguments on this one.
I expect they are going to play it into the next election, each side using it to bolster support for their party.

Hopefully, it wll go unsigned until after that next election and then die.

However, what I think will happen is that it will be pushed through without any thought prior to or just after that election because the dems know that its a bad bill and it will never get passed once real Americans are sitting back in office.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Doesn't the Senate bill have to be accepted by the House? Isn't that the next step? Don't they have to agree on the same version?

bcp

In My Opinion
Doesn't the Senate bill have to be accepted by the House? Isn't that the next step? Don't they have to agree on the same version?
basically they will take both bills, pick and choose what they like from each until they have enough votes to send it on to be signed by the illegal one.

however, I dont see any reason that the constitution should get in the way at this point, so maybe they can just bypass that whole process and get the chosen one to sign whatever they send him in the next twenty minutes or so.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

The two bills go into committee that rewrites everything and comes up with a final bill for everyone to vote on

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !

NO this was the last major hurdle done deal it's done. A few meetings but it's passed.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
You big dummy! He can't sign it tomorrow. It's not even done yet.

But I understand your happiness. You and the rest of your low life scum are one step closer to me paying for your health care.

It boggles the mind that idiots like her think that having our health care system destroyed is a good thing.

Not paying doctors will ensure they go somewhere else to work.
Taxing equipment means the price goes up and less is available.
... and the idiots like Raven will still have to pay more for less service.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

I think she missed the little part at about 2:07 -- it's quick and kind of gets glossed over but it's there. Also, they really don't discuss this in depth until a kid takes the Local, State and National Government class in 10th grade. If you miss that day, you can still miss this question on the state test and end up with a passing score, assuming, of course, that you are taking the High School Assessments to get a diploma and not being considered as "exempt" because of a disability, or dropped out of school.

Perhaps we should lobby to make certain questions on that test mandatory to answer correctly. On the other hand, as others have often pointed out, there is no law against being stupid --- unless of course, the Democrats choose to make one and put in a provision that no congress after them can revoke it. What do you think the chances are for that one? :lmao:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
It boggles the mind that idiots like her think that having our health care system destroyed is a good thing.

Not paying doctors will ensure they go somewhere else to work.
Taxing equipment means the price goes up and less is available.
... and the idiots like Raven will still have to pay more for less service.

Hey cookie! How is it not a good thing by not having health care for all.We will make little changes to the bill as years go on just calm down it will be OK.