1992 Motion Picture "Patriot Games" Starring Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones, And Samuel L. Jackson That Was Partially Filmed In Calvert County

Truck451

Does anyone know if the house where Harrison Ford. his wife, and their daughter had lived in during the 1992 motion picture titled 'Patriot Games" that is supposed to take place in Calvert County is here in Maryland, or was/is it in California as some have suggested?
If it is in Maryland, where on the shore is it located?
Does anyone know if the hospital where Harrison Ford's wife and daughter are rushed to after the combination terrorist attack/car accident had occurred to them is in the Baltimore area? This is the same hospital where the WBAL-TV and WMAR-TV ENG vehicles, cameras, and other equipment are camped outside the hospital interviewing the Irish bagman (or bankroller), depending on which word you prefer to use, portrayed by Richard Harris; fibbing in front of the camera about how the other IRA members are disheartened by these terrorist attacks that have occurred to Harrison Ford, his family; and the fictional relative of Elizabeth, the Queen Mother; and how is he holding a fundraiser here in the United States to secretly fund the weapons used by the IRA members. Then, as Harrison Ford steps off of the elevator and encounters the character played by Richard Harris standing with his accomplice at the reception desk on the main floor, and begins to say (Mr. Ryan...) as Harrison Ford makes an angry grin and holds his finger up passively delivering the message to stay away from him and his family as he storms out of the hospital and past the news crews.
It shall also be known that this was the time when WMAR-TV was an NBC affiliate, WBAL-TV was a CBS affiliate; and WJZ-TV had remained the area's erstwhile ABC affiliate. Although, I don't think that WJZ-TV's ENG crews and equipment ever had a presence in this movie. You could even see WMAR-TV's logo at the time reading "NewsChannel 2" with the NBC peacock logo next to the stylized number '2' on the step van on the General Motors P-Chassis that they had owned as one of their ENG vehicles at this time; while the media was camped outside the hospital interviewing Richard Harris.
Furthermore, does anyone know if the bar where Harrison Ford and Samuel L. Jackson encounter Richard Harris in this movie-where all of the decorative signage for Miller beer is in the Irish language, and the in-house band sings Irish patriotic songs in hopes of Great Britain ceding control of Northern Ireland; Harrison Ford attempts to confess to Richard Harris that he understands that the IRA's main branches didn't have anything to do with these terrorist attacks, and asks for the specific whereabouts of the characters played by Sean Bean and the others. Richard Harris then states that the day and time he ever gives out information about his fellow countrymen would be the same day he puts a bullet through his own head. Harrison Ford then threatens to return home, call the News Departments of the local Television Stations as well as the News Departments of the 3 Networks; allow them to go into his daughter's hospital room and film her laying on her hospital bed whilst still in critical condition, and give them all of the details that his CIA team had already found out in search of this IRA terrorist group for them to report on their Television newscasts, before he and Samuel L. Jackson dressed in a Baseball Hat and a heavy jacket both storm out of the bar as Richard Harris shouts "well, did you hear that, lads" as they all laughed; is located in Baltimore?
Last, just before the scene where the combination terrorist attack/car accident occurs to Harrison Ford's wife and daughter while driving the Porsche 911; has anyone noticed that they pass the Isuzu dealership that Koons had owned at the time as they enter onto U.S 13 while driving the Porsche 911?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
dude it is called a paragraph

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105112/locations

https://www.movieloci.com/3878-Patriot-Games

https://hookedonhouses.net/2014/08/11/harrison-fords-country-house-in-patriot-games/

Google led me to a comment left by a reader on my What Lies Beneath post back in 2009 who wanted me to feature this one (hey, I got around to it eventually — she only had to wait 5 years!).

Michele wrote:

“The Patriot Games house was located on the Peregrine Cliffs in North Beach on the coast of Maryland, about 30 miles south of Annapolis on the Chesapeake Bay.”

Patriot Games movie Jack Ryan's house Maryland (11)

UPDATE: A reader named Kelly sent me an old article from the LA Times that explained that it was actually shot in California:
The Palos Verdes Peninsula is a gold mine of moviedom. Take the former site of Marineland, near Hawthorne Boulevard and Palos Verdes Drive South. That’s where Harrison Ford’s character Jack Ryan lived in “Patriot Games.” (It was made to look like Maryland).
More information and links are in the comments below if you’re interested. (Thanks, Kelly!)

Truck451

Did you check IMDb?
Yes, I have checked IMDB; and the places that they list as the Filming Locations are confusing.
If indeed, the house where Harrison Ford and his family had lived in is located in Maryland; I would like to drive by it, and ponder over just how nice of a house and the oceanfront property it is on all are; ponder over just how much nicer that house is than my own house, and it being a more than adequate place of shelter for the real-life homeowners and for Harrison Ford and his family during the filming of this movie.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes, I have checked IMDB; and the places that they list as the Filming Locations are confusing.
If indeed, the house where Harrison Ford and his family had lived in is located in Maryland; I would like to drive by it, and ponder over just how nice of a house and the oceanfront property it is on all are; ponder over just how much nicer that house is than my own house, and it being a more than adequate place of shelter for the real-life homeowners and for Harrison Ford and his family during the filming of this movie.
“The Patriot Games house was located on the Peregrine Cliffs in North Beach on the coast of Maryland, about 30 miles south of Annapolis on the Chesapeake Bay.”