Full Rack Sports Bar (Waldorf)

Franky4Fingers

The old Howard's pool hall, right off 301s across from iHop.

anyone been there in the last few months?

Newly renovated/rearranged, under new managment.

Removed most of the pool tables to make room for a stage & huge dance floor.

Added an outdoor (covered & fenced) smoking patio.

Upgraded emergency exits to allow a 300 person capacity.

Darts, Billiards, Ping-Pong, RockBand (the game), cheap drink specials, Live Bands/DJs.

muttdog

That place has changed names so much, I have lost count. I miss cell block and the shooter chair.

Franky4Fingers

peeped the band "CRAZE" there sat. night, theyre pretty good, did covers of all kinds of stuff.

saw some promo for up coming events, they got some pretty big shows coming up, lots of talent coming thru that place.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Is this the place off of 925? I know when I worked at Ken Dixon way back that we used to hit up a pool hall off of 925 that had a bunch of pool tables.

muttdog

Is this the place off of 925? I know when I worked at Ken Dixon way back that we used to hit up a pool hall off of 925 that had a bunch of pool tables.

Its the one on 301, just north of ken dixon. Your thinking of Mccaullys (sp), now memories.

Franky4Fingers

That place has changed names so much

lol, prolly not as much as that joint on cobb island.

I think it had a solid 10 year run as howards though. it has potential to compete with other live venues in the area. I think most of them are straight up go-go's now except memories.

sayin, what other venues in waldorf are doing live bands/top40 DJs?
Halftimes - mostly go-go bands
Martini's - karaoke?
Pure - mostly go-go bands
Icon - 100% go-go bands?

I love go-go btw, just saying, if you want good local bands/DJ's is there anywhere else besides memories & full rack?

kelb

art imitating life
lol, prolly not as much as that joint on cobb island.

I think it had a solid 10 year run as howards though. it has potential to compete with other live venues in the area. I think most of them are straight up go-go's now except memories.

sayin, what other venues in waldorf are doing live bands/top40 DJs?
Halftimes - mostly go-go bands
Martini's - karaoke?
Pure - mostly go-go bands
Icon - 100% go-go bands?

I love go-go btw, just saying, if you want good local bands/DJ's is there anywhere else besides memories & full rack?

Martinis does bands but mostly older style bands

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
How long ago did you work at Ken Dixon?

I started in 95 and left in 96. I was the hired as the manager of that marketing dept. I was in an office in the GM showroom. I ran that for a year and when they downsized it I had the choice to go to the service department and do the same thing or go to sales. So I went to sales but ended up leaving for another job at Pohanka five or six months later.

Franky4Fingers

Martinis does bands but mostly older style bands

yeah thats right. ive only been in there a handful of times, mostly for their karaoke nights, but i do remember being in there once when they had a older jazz type band playing.

so where else is there in waldorf besides the places mentioned? and that are not restaurant/bars.

kelb

art imitating life
boyfriend or bestfriend? not that it matters either way, whats his name/company name? website?
Boyfriend. They are pretty new and its Hangover productions. They were part of the old "Hangover" band
They do sound for a few bands in the area. no website yet but if you need some info PM me. They are ALWAYS looking for more gigs :)

yeah thats right. ive only been in there a handful of times, mostly for their karaoke nights, but i do remember being in there once when they had a older jazz type band playing.

so where else is there in waldorf besides the places mentioned? and that are not restaurant/bars.

Hotel Charles has ROCKIN bands. Probably the best around.
Thats sad considering I worked at Memories for 9 years :lol:

Franky4Fingers

Boyfriend. They are pretty new and its Hangover productions. They were part of the old "Hangover" band
They do sound for a few bands in the area. no website yet but if you need some info PM me. They are ALWAYS looking for more gigs :)

no doubt, ill be in touch.

Hotel Charles has ROCKIN bands. Probably the best around.
Thats sad considering I worked at Memories for 9 years :lol:

yeah, i know about the hotel been there a billion times, plus its not really waldorf. funny thing is, the crowds/people at places in waldorf seem to be a lot eaiser to get along with than the hotel.

its amazing how some bars wanna not play hip-hop because they dont like the people it attracts, and on the flip you got hotel charles that host strictly rock/local rock bands, but the crowd there gets rowdy as #### sometimes.

saying, jeff has an awesome thing going on there, mad props to whats he's turned that place into, just funny how the logistics work out in local bar owners (not just jeff) minds.