2 Chronicles 9 Solomon's demons

seekeroftruth

2 Chronicles 9:29 As for the other events of Solomon’s reign, from beginning to end, are they not written in the records of Nathan the prophet, in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite and in the visions of Iddo the seer concerning Jeroboam son of Nebat? 30 Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel forty years. 31 Then he rested with his ancestors and was buried in the city of David his father. And Rehoboam his son succeeded him as king.
But we don't have Nathan's book. I went down a few rabbit holes looking for what might have been in that book. Anyway... I finally googled the "Acts of Solomon" which was what the book was called in one of the offshoots in one of the rabbit holes.

This is from free-online-bible-study.org.

The Gnostic Apocalypse of Adam discovered in 1945 as part of the Nag Hammadi library in Egypt may date to the 1st or 2nd century CE. This work refers to a legend in which Solomon sends out an army of demons to seek a virgin who had fled from him, perhaps the earliest surviving mention of the later common tale that Solomon controlled demons and made them his slaves. This tradition of Solomon's control over demons appears fully elaborated in the early Gnostic work called the Testament of Solomon with its elaborate and grotesque demonology.
Wow... see what I mean?

Sure... I figure Solomon had demons... just like I have demons... just like Paul [the guy in the New Testament] had demons. Solomon, no doubt, knew what went on with David and Bathsheba. I'm sure the death of their first son weighed heavy on that family. There was definitely something up with the guy. Who has time to build all those temples and accumulate all those writings [even if he didn't write them all himself] and run a country while marrying 700 women... and drawing up contracts with 300 concubines? Why were there so many women in his life and so few children????

They say he built temples for other gods... to impress some of those women. I can imagine a couple of gentile workers talking while the overseer's back was turned.... "A temple to which god? I thought these people only believe in one god!"

Solomon was so wise.... so rich. He only had three sons.... with such a magnificent father... and such a wise king as example for his boys... they must be spectacular humans. Yeah right! His son turned out to be a pig... wait and see....

☕