2 days ride

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
after work i came home and grabed my horse out of the pasture, and saddled her up. We just walked the driveway, troted up r huge hill(part of drive way), then went in r front field to do some groud pole working, i forget what its called. so i was working with my horse and i was trying somthing that linda parelli showed on the parelli members cd, were u run ur hands through the reins while walking and troting, which gets them on the bit. and i was sooooooooo happy cuz my horse actually got on the bit and had her head down, and she was troting like a pleasure horse! :starcat: Well i showed my sis and dad, and they said it was more like the dressage move, ummmmmmmm i dont know how to spell it, starts with a p, the one were they lift there feet in place. Well n e way i was so proud, and the trot was like bounce less, it was fun! :huggy: its like her hyper jig exept i told her to do it and she was slower!! i also had her side pass while doing it, then we side steped over a pole both ways, then we did some jumping. she was jumping like a pro., she was also backing with her HEAD down! i was so proud today... now if only if i could get her to stop without bringing that darn head up... :jameo: then we would be good to go, o and to actually lope not a frigin hand gallop! i did all this in my barrel saddle and she didn even get hypd 2 run... :blahblah:
any way........ i think it was just spring time getting to us.
n e 1 else got attacked by the awsome spring bug? i love spring time!!

K

Katie

Cowgirl said:
The dressage riders have coined the term...that way people think it's on purpose. :lol:

My saddle seat horse used to do it just to tick me off.

He also did side passes when the big bad bogey man came out. NOW when I needed him to do it in a trail class he looked at me like I was losing my mind.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
mingiz said:
Mine does that sometimes...It's called having a fit..... :lmao:

That's funny. I know the term well.... :lmao: Everytime I hold my mare back, she does it. It actually feels pretty cool and boy can she get the front leg action going.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
mingiz said:
Mine does that sometimes...It's called having a fit..... :lmao:
ya she soes somtin like that when were coming out of the arena after a run... but yesterday i asked for it and she did it all calm-like, and then just walked when i asked her to. i was hoping for a pleasure trot... i need 2 get my sis 2 video it... and she acually loped yesterday 2! a lil though...